TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver

TM Fairway woods are stock 43.25 length. The Original One Driver is 43.75 length. So is the new 300 Mini. So I would be looking at extending a 3 wood shaft .5 or cutting a driver shaft down to 43.75. Just wondering the best way to go.
The face is pretty deep. I’m guessing you throw a TM 3w shaft in there it’s going to be close if not a 43.75” playing length.

So I ended up dressing out 3 shafts I had laying around to test with the OG One. Cut 2 of them to match the XS shaft that came stock with the club. One at 44.
Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff- Cut to 43.75- D1 Weight
Evenflow Riptide CB Reg- Cut to 44- D4 Weight
Tensei CK Orange Stiff-Cut to 43.75- D3 Weight

Hitting the range later today to test them out. If I don’t like any of them off to a fitter I will go next week most likely. I LOVE the head. Gotta dial in the shaft.

As an FYI none of the stock 3 wood shafts I had would measure to match the length of the stock shaft. I even dry fitted the TM adapter on them. All were at least a half inch short which jacked up the swing weight quite a bit. Would prob still work but I am trying to get the weight as close to the stock D3 as possible.

I am using this mini right now and loving what I am seeing from it. Control is much more consistent compared to my previous driver and only gave up 7-9 yards. Will take that each and everytime if im looking to lower my scores.

Have been using one for the last couple of rounds and have only had to pull it a couple of times, but it is a great weapon to have especially if you are unsure with your driver. Both tee shots were mid height stingers that had great rollout and came to within about 10 yards of a good drive. Never see myself using this off the turf, but I could see this as a really nice option on holes where you only want to hit it so far or if you want to put the big dog in a time out. Still debating if this something I plan on keeping or not as I could use the spot in the bag for a GW. We'll see...

Back