TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver

Mr. @O'carroll or @clemenza whatever he goes by today, still has my SLDR Mini. I'm sure this will be up his alley too for his big return to the links later this spring.

I remember at Lyman - he absolutely destroyed that SLDR Mini

I’ve tried the Callaway Mini

i need to try this one, the 2nd driver experience was good for me, this might be the opportunity to pounce on this one

I remember at Lyman - he absolutely destroyed that SLDR Mini

I’ve tried the Callaway Mini

i need to try this one, the 2nd driver experience was good for me, this might be the opportunity to pounce on this one

The last ne gathering i went to we played that first course the was tight off the tee, I hit mini all day and said to bcape that it was days like that that make me wonder why I ever hit driver. I was just in control of my golf ball off the tee, which you know has not exactly been my strength in recent years.

I really really really want to preorder

Originally I didn't think this would be something I'd be interested in but the more I think about it I use my 3 wood primarily of the tee so it could make sense. That price point though keeps the 3 wood in the bag.

Would certainly like to see a bit less loft offered. This size, IMHO, is what I probably would be most comfortable swinging again. My best driver days were with these sized Drivers back in the day. The weight in the head always seemed to be "feel-able" and I knew exactly where it was at any given time. I get a similar feel with the 3 wood off the tee, but not exactly the same.

The giant heads now are so light, I'm losing track of it and don't always feel that "load" on transition, so my timing is whacked a lot of the time. I'm actually considering lead tape to put some more mass onto the head to get that feeling "back".

I hope this doesn't turn into a SLDR type of thing where the sweetspot was way too small. It seemed there was no middle ground with that club. On the screws, bombs away. miss a bit and you can't find it within the county.

What are everyone’s thoughts on the Pittsburgh Persimmon on the sole? I think TM absolutely nailed the look of the club, minus that lettering but not a big issue given everything else in the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

give me that $200 price for testers wanted and ill hit this 36 holes a week

This is soooo cool! Injected with speed event can't get here soon enough! :)

I honestly don't get it. If your plan is to only use it off the tee just get a second driver. The only advantage I can see this having is workability?

I honestly don't get it. If your plan is to only use it off the tee just get a second driver. The only advantage I can see this having is workability?

I can only speak for me, but in my case I find it more comforting and don't overswing with a smaller head. I also don't end up teeing the ball up as much and don't try to launch it like crazy. Totally a mental thing. My take on these has always been more of a supercharged 3 wood than a driver replacement though. So give me a larger head than my 3w, with my same mentality and swing thought that I get from my 3w(off the tee), and I'm in a happy place. In my years playing these styles I really believe that is why they have worked well for me and my game.

If only this club were offered when the m5 and m6 lines came out. Dont get me wrong, I really like my m5, I would have liked the option though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If only this club were offered when the m5 and m6 lines came out. Dont get me wrong, I really like my m5, I would have liked the option though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Same here... I probably would have loved it at the fitting experience and dropped coin right away.

like this, i loved the aeroburner mini

At my home course, I use my 3-4FW 1-2 times off the deck, and 1-2 times off the tee. I would really like to see performance off the deck on this one. I am sure it's a winner off the tee.

It looks fantastic - I love that they matched the crown of the M5/M6 drivers with the matte carbon.

This will be quite fun to hit. I've been thinking about this since last month after replying to the poll about the main usage for a 3w. I realized that I used my 4w roughly 3 times last year off the deck but easily 3 times each round off the tee. So I've been asking myself, why am I giving up distance with my 4w when I could be hitting a 3w and now - possibly a mini.

expensive price point

It's interesting, they priced this one at the exact same price as the M5 Titanium fairway wood. I bet the Rocket version of that club could come pretty close in distance to this club. But I could see this club appealing to a player that mainly uses a 5/7 wood as their longest fairway club and wants a second tee club to hit a particular distance. I don't think that's a big market.

Has anyone used a mini driver off the fairway? Can it replace a 3 wood?

Thanks

Has anyone used a mini driver off the fairway? Can it replace a 3 wood?

Thanks

I have. For me, not much of an issue. But I have seen others struggle with it.

I am Actually interested in this new offering. Look forward to see this in person.

I’m certainly intrigued by this. I use rarely hit 3w off the deck so something like this could make sense. I like the look of the crown as well

I can only speak for me, but in my case I find it more comforting and don't overswing with a smaller head. I also don't end up teeing the ball up as much and don't try to launch it like crazy. Totally a mental thing. My take on these has always been more of a supercharged 3 wood than a driver replacement though. So give me a larger head than my 3w, with my same mentality and swing thought that I get from my 3w(off the tee), and I'm in a happy place. In my years playing these styles I really believe that is why they have worked well for me and my game.

This is basically where I fall as well. I can usually keep my 3w in play off the tee much better than the driver and still get plenty of distance that I honestly have no business using a driver. I don't know if it's mental or if I do something different, but my driver swing really struggles compared to 3w. Curious if this would be something that helps. Will definitely be keeping my eye on this as an option.

Back