TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver

Very cool and sexy looking too

Doesn't move the needle for me, personally, as I don't really find value in my bag for a mini driver. That being said, it looks pretty awesome and I'm sure others will find success with it.

Waaaaannnnnnntttttttt

Would certainly like to see a bit less loft offered. This size, IMHO, is what I probably would be most comfortable swinging again. My best driver days were with these sized Drivers back in the day. The weight in the head always seemed to be "feel-able" and I knew exactly where it was at any given time. I get a similar feel with the 3 wood off the tee, but not exactly the same.

The giant heads now are so light, I'm losing track of it and don't always feel that "load" on transition, so my timing is whacked a lot of the time. I'm actually considering lead tape to put some more mass onto the head to get that feeling "back".

I hope this doesn't turn into a SLDR type of thing where the sweetspot was way too small. It seemed there was no middle ground with that club. On the screws, bombs away. miss a bit and you can't find it within the county.

I agree but it seems like we can get it down to 9.5*. I’d probably do best at 7-7.5* but it’s hard to hit up into the ball much when you’ve got it tee’d low like you would a 3w.

I had the SLDR mini (it's still in my basement) but I'd agree with a lot of the feedback about it not being a great club. This new new looks nice, hard to fathom it can be close to a "real" driver these days

Would be fun to give it a go!

When I saw the sole originally I didn't think much about the club. Now I've seen the face, crown and size I'm really interested. If this goes another 10 or so past my m6 3 wood, I'm getting one.

Mr. @O'carroll or @clemenza whatever he goes by today, still has my SLDR Mini. I'm sure this will be up his alley too for his big return to the links later this spring.
That thing should never, EVER be out of my bag. Plus the THP Tiger hardcover fits on it perfectly.

With an upgrade in technology and materials, this has my interest peaked, but I’m not crazy about $399.

I honestly don't get it. If your plan is to only use it off the tee just get a second driver. The only advantage I can see this having is workability?
For me, the ‘shorter than driver’ shaft length combined with the ‘larger than fairway wood’ head fits perfectly for what I struggle with for those two clubs. I’m so much more consistent with this profile than I am with either driver or fairways.

I really really really want to preorder

I STILL have the original in my bag. I think this one gets a firm ponder from me.

Got some golfin’ to do this summer with Mizatty, and this would be fun to have.

No doubt I will get one of these. I’ve been playing a Callaway 3 Deep/2 Deep/Mini 1.5 since they were first released but keep hoping for some updated tech. I am much more accurate with a 13ish lofted fairway wood/min driver than I am with driver which is why I typically use it off the tee six plus times each round. I’d guess that I hit the fairway 85% of the time with my XHot 2Deep and average distance is about 255-265 depending upon how soft it is.

That thing should never, EVER be out of my bag. Plus the THP Tiger hardcover fits on it perfectly.

With an upgrade in technology and materials, this has my interest peaked, but I’m not crazy about $399.

For me, the ‘shorter than driver’ shaft length combined with the ‘larger than fairway wood’ head fits perfectly for what I struggle with for those two clubs. I’m so much more consistent with this profile than I am with either driver or fairways.
How long is it? I didn't see that in the article.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Have you tried a 43" driver with 13+ degrees of loft? For me its like hitting a wedge that goes 230-240.

Is it wrong to think this seems pricey for a niche club?

This vs my Tour Length King F8 would be a fun comparison. I just need to see if any demos are coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried a 43" driver with 13+ degrees of loft? For me its like hitting a wedge that goes 230-240.

Some of us hit a fairway wood more consistently though, for me it’s the focus factor (which I know some here vehemently disagree with) but it’s true. So the whole second driver thing gains me nothing, whereas a mini driver adds some forgiveness to a still smaller profile than driver.

As always, personal preference prevails for each of us.

Is it wrong to think this seems pricey for a niche club?

I agree that it is a very niche club and should have a price point of something like $349. The good news is they will be available on eBay within a few months at a heavy discount.

I agree that it is a very niche club and should have a price point of something like $349. The good news is they will be available on eBay within a few months at a heavy discount.

I think it’s key to remember though re: the price, there’s nothing else on the market like it right now, so they get to determine the price with no comparison.

43.75" is stock length
Ok, so it is shorter than my driver, but only by 1/4". I'm not sure that'd be noticeable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think it’s key to remember though re: the price, there’s nothing else on the market like it right now, so they get to determine the price with no comparison.

plus they have that m5 fairway sitting there at 399.

Can you hit a wedge low? Controlling dynamic loft is a skill even with the driver.

Ordered one.

Stock Diamana F Reg shaft, tipped by 1/2”. 13.5*.

Some of us hit a fairway wood more consistently though, for me it’s the focus factor (which I know some here vehemently disagree with) but it’s true. So the whole second driver thing gains me nothing, whereas a mini driver adds some forgiveness to a still smaller profile than driver.

As always, personal preference prevails for each of us.

Personal preference is a great thing, and We’re all glad that companies keep releasing new products. However, I think the majority of mid to high handicapers would be better suited with a full size driver head. It’s the same reason they are fitted into a game improvement iron.

Ordered one.

Stock Diamana F Reg shaft, tipped by 1/2”. 13.5*.

NOICE!

Personal preference is a great thing, and We’re all glad that companies keep releasing new products. However, I think the majority of mid to high handicapers would be better suited with a full size driver head. It’s the same reason they are fitted into a game improvement iron.

Maybe, maybe not. Gotta like what you're looking down at and what's in the bag, it effects performance for most of us.

Back