TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver

Yup. Me too.

I hate you all.

Saw a side by side with driver, OG One, and M5 3w on social media and dammit, it didn't help.

I hate you all.

Saw a side by side with driver, OG One, and M5 3w on social media and dammit, it didn't help.

Yeah saw the same picture and love the size of this club. Had the Bertha Mini in the past and love that this is 40 cc bigger than that.

I hate you all.

So...you're waiting for....?

Might have missed it. When will demos be in shops ?

I really would love to give this a try. Play it at 44-44.5" with a super low spinning shaft, and crank it down to 9.5 degrees. It wouldn't be as long as my driver, I get that. But, I wonder if a guy would really be giving up much. At $400, I cannot afford the experiment. But, I am really curious on it's applications. I think this looks better than any of the other mini drivers from years past.

Has anyone demo’d the Diamana F Ltd shaft? I can’t find any information about it anywhere.

The 'Original One Mini Driver seems much too expensive and it's likely no better than the (excellent) SLDR 'S' Mini Driver which can be had for so much less money on the used market.

In fact, you could probably even buy all (3) lofts of the SLDR 'S' Mini Driver, (12*, 14* and 16*), for less than the cost of the new 'Original One' Mini Driver. Furthermore, since the SLDR 'S' contains no carbon fiber, so it's the more durable clubhead, and less likely to crack during usage.

A pic of the SLDR 'S' Mini Driver is shown below:

Attachments

• SLDRMini.jpg
    SLDRMini.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I must have one

I must have one

Yeah, you probably do have a Mini, (somewhere)...If it's not in your golf bag, go check your closet and/or the garage!..:laugh:

Last edited:
The 'Original One Mini Driver seems much too expensive and it's likely no better than the (excellent) SLDR 'S' Mini Driver which can be had for so much less money on the used market.

In fact, you could probably even buy all (3) lofts of the SLDR 'S' Mini Driver, (12*, 14* and 16*), for less than the cost of the new 'Original One' Mini Driver. Furthermore, since the SLDR 'S' contains no carbon fiber, so it's the more durable clubhead, and less likely to crack during usage.

A pic of the SLDR 'S' Mini Driver is shown below:

Lmao, never change bobcat!

Can't stop thinking about one. Esp now that I found something I can move to in the fairway wood portion of the bag.

Can't stop thinking about one. Esp now that I found something I can move to in the fairway wood portion of the bag.

Would you carry this and a 3W?

I just sent dollar drive club an email seeing if they were getting this in

I enjoy my driver, 3 wood combo too much as is right now so not for me. Definitely an interesting club for others to try though

I keep finding myself thinking more and more about this club. The price point will keep it out of my bag for this year sadly, but I'll be eagerly awaiting reviews and hopefully I can get my hands on one next year. The confidence I have in a 3w/5w vs a driver is what has me thinking maybe the smaller head will trick my brain.

I keep finding myself thinking more and more about this club. The price point will keep it out of my bag for this year sadly, but I'll be eagerly awaiting reviews and hopefully I can get my hands on one next year. The confidence I have in a 3w/5w vs a driver is what has me thinking maybe the smaller head will trick my brain.

Weirdly I’m the complete opposite. Confident and happy with my driver, dread hitting a 3 Wood most of the time. Hence why I want a bigger head for shorter tee shots than my driver.

Alex Etches' TM Original One Mini Driver video is up

Alex Etches' TM Original One Mini Driver video is up

Distance wise seems decent at 11.5°, can't wait to see results for 9.5°

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I like the idea of going this route, with a 4 or 5 wood in the bag.

I got to see this in person yesterday and it's killing me that I didn't get a chance to hit it. I currently play my 3w at 14* and just as long as my driver with it. I can't wait to see if the 11.5 dialed down to 9.5 gets me that extra distance off the tee that I'm looking for.

Just got some feedback from a friend that put it in playa and he liked it a lot. Still prefers the 2nd driver setup, but for those that like a smaller footprint than that, this was a win.

Feedback he is giving me is that it launches quickly at initial flight and gets up high. Quite forgiving low on the face which should help those that want it off the deck.

Back