TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver

I’m a big fan of this look.

7edaec40a41f56ba6c5fad62faa7d8be.jpg

I'm currently taking inventory on trade ins... Can't wait to hear what you think!

Cool thing is I’ll be able to get some numbers next to my M5 fairway and eventually the M5 driver from the TMaG event!

Cool thing is I’ll be able to get some numbers next to my M5 fairway and eventually the M5 driver from the TMaG event!

I'm very interested in those comparisons. I have watched some YouTube reviews where it appeared the Mini was significantly longer than the tested 3W off the tee. I'd be curious if you see the same or, instead, similar numbers. I'd prefer if it still provided me 3W gapping.

Lol that lasted long!
Looking forward to your feedback

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I like the deep face there. I really want to hit this.

Yep, the deep face will be tested tomorrow.

I got mine, its actually easy off the deck and just straight off the tee.

Tried one on my lunch 11.5 in stiff flex. Shaft wasn’t for me but man this club is fun to hit. I was in my dress shoes and suit but still got some out there and quite a bit farther than my 3w. I’m sure I will got one this weekend and find a shaft to combo it with.

Debut for this tomorrow for me at Dornick Hills as my senior peeps for state.

Debut for this tomorrow for me at Dornick Hills as my senior peeps for state.

I’m eager to hear your feedback. Smash it!

So are you guys looking at this as a driver replacement or a 3 wood?

I’m curious 1- how it gaps in comparison to both
2- how accurate it is in comparison to both

If I were to get one it would basically replace driver and only use it on courses that are extremely tight. It’s kind of a thought because I like playing with various setups, but honestly don’t have many issues with gapping on my current set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were to get one it would basically replace driver and only use it on courses that are extremely tight. It’s kind of a thought because I like playing with various setups, but honestly don’t have many issues with gapping on my current set up.

For me it would be an alternative off the tee. I’m still gaming the TM Mini Driver form a few years back, and i rarely use it as a fairway wood.

Judging by my first round with it yesterday, and set at Stock 13.5*, it goes as far as my G400 driver with a similar ball flight too despite it being 3* more lofted. I usually go 10-20 yards further than my playing partner with my driver, and sure enough I was 10-20 yards longer than him yesterday too off the tee.

Flight is a slight draw, apex lower than expected, penetrating and easy to hit. Longest drive was about 260 with it on relatively firm fairways, had rained the night before so a bit softer than it had been and a touch damp. Averaging about 240 ish. I fully expect on hard ground I’ll be getting another 20 yards of roll on top of this. (For ref I hit my 8 iron about 150).

I was anticipating using this off the tee sometimes instead of my driver, if all goes like it did yesterday this will be my go-to tee club with the driver being used if I absolutely need to get a few yards more.

Feel is very solid indeed, like a hybrid.

I’m not expecting to use it off the fairway very often at all.

Hugely impressed.

A driver is a very tough club to hit straight with the average PGA Tour pro missing the fairway almost 40% of the time. It’s why you see so many of them hit less than driver off the at least a few times each round.

I’ve gamed a strong 3 wood(currently a 12.5* 2 wood) since about 1990 and use it off the tee on average about 6 times per round. I’m very straight(80% or more fairways) with my Callaway 2Deep and only about 15 yards shorter than my driver. My rule of thumb for many years is I never hit driver when a par 4 is shorter than 400 yards. My 3 wood will leave me with a 9 iron or wedge into the green and it’s rare that I would miss a green with those clubs from the fairway( It happened once yesterday but I was in a divot). I’m really looking forward to some newer technology and an even deeper face to replaced my 2Deep that is about 7 years old now. I’ve tried dozens and own several late model strong 3 woods including the Epic, Rogue, and M5, but none of them are as good as my trusty 2Deep. I’m guessing the Original One in a 12.5-13.5 set up will be amazing off the tee and still usable from the fairway as I have no problem hitting the old 275 cc drivers from the fairway.

Driver supplement. Haha

Seriously though. I enjoy the mini’s because it gives more confidence for me standing on a tee box of a shorter hole with a tight fairway. I know for some another driver that is shorter and higher loft does the same thing, but, I’ve tried that and Im not one of those .

Plus, I’ve always been able to still hit mini off the deck. With my 3w as a tee club mostly, it’s a cool bonus.

Got mine ordered Tuesday haven’t had shipment notification but should be here early next week. Went with the 11.5/PX HZDRS yellow 6.0 can’t wait to give this a try. Might be awhile with my son being born on Thursday 5/2. Who knows when I will get to the range or play golf again!

Off the deck, this is a riot.

Riot.

RIOT.

Riot.

RIOT.

These comments are not helping. I’m more excited to try this club than any release in the last decade. I was waiting for a proper Trackman fitting but Maybe I’ll just guess on the shaft and order one when I get to the club today!

Question for you. I’m likely to play this at 12.5 degrees like my 2Deep and my irons are 1.5* flat. Do I buy the 11.5 and loft up or the 13.5 and loft down?? I’m guessing the 13.5 lie might flatten when I loft down.

Riot.

RIOT.

Nice - how was the flight elevation off the deck relative to your normal 3 wood elevation off the deck?

I am warming up to the idea of gaming something like this but elevation off the deck remains a question mark for me.

These comments are not helping. I’m more excited to try this club than any release in the last decade. I was waiting for a proper Trackman fitting but Maybe I’ll just guess on the shaft and order one when I get to the club today!

Question for you. I’m likely to play this at 12.5 degrees like my 2Deep and my irons are 1.5* flat. Do I buy the 11.5 and loft up or the 13.5 and loft down?? I’m guessing the 13.5 lie might flatten when I loft down.
If you’re wanting a touch flatter, I’d think lifting down would be the way to go, but then it comes to do you mind a little more open face.
Nice - how was the flight elevation off the deck relative to your normal 3 wood elevation off the deck?

I am warming up to the idea of gaming something like this but elevation off the deck remains a question mark for me.

I hit it right on where my M5 is off the deck yesterday.

Thanks Jman. I actually prefer a slightly open face. When I get to the club this morning I’m ordering the 13.5* with an Aldila Rogue 70 shaft. I can’t wait any longer!!:act-up:

I love mine, it was not intended as anything more than fun, but is is replacing my 3w.

I really, REALLY, like this club.

Back