Ping g410 hybrid vs Ping g410 crossover

jfrigo1003

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious if anyone has tried either yet. Me and my Srixon u85 dont get along anymore so both of these are on my radar.

Im mainly looking for control. I swing around 112 so distance isn't my main goal. depending on the course I play ill take out my 5w for the Srixon. I want something that I can hit off the tee consistently since most par 5's I dont need help reaching. Lately the only thing my Srixon has been good for is punching low out of trees

I'm curious as well about the Crossover as a 4 iron replacement. Hooks galore anytime I pull the 4 hybrid

I'm curious as well about the Crossover as a 4 iron replacement. Hooks galore anytime I pull the 4 hybrid

Have you tried the G410 hybrid? You can set it flat, which may help tame the hook (and you can also play with loft). Big advantage over the G400 if you need the adjustability.

Last edited:
Received the alta shaft for my 19 hybrid and it is producing the exact flight I was hoping for. This club is pretty awesome and the feel/sound is incredible. Loving mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to hit both yesterday but there were no x-stiff on the rack or demo's available.... I need to find a replacement for the Srixon u85 I just sold

I went to hit both yesterday but there were no x-stiff on the rack or demo's available.... I need to find a replacement for the Srixon u85 I just sold

Fwiw, I'm a high speed player who typically plays X and the stock shaft in S has held up fine. I've talked about that a bit in the review thread linked above.

That shouldn't keep you from trying it.

Ping g410 hybrid vs Ping g410 crossover

Agree with Jman. I ordered mine with the tensei TX 80g and although it feels pretty good, I find myself hitting it lower than preferred for what I want to use it for. I ordered the alta a half inch long in stiff and it raised my ball flight to what appears to be exactly what I wanted. It feels good and seems to hang just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to find the 410 crossover in an x flex and played 2 rounds with it...absolutely love it!!! Played 9 holes yesterday and exclusively used the 410 off the tee. First hole is 350 yards and pretty straight so no need for driver anyway. 286 right down the middle! The control, accuracy, and ease of launch are incredible. Ive had the 790 UDI, Gapr Lo, and Srixon U85... the Ping is by far better than all of them

According to Arccos for yesterdays round my average 2i drive was 268. Into the wind I had a few shots go less than 230. On a par 5 wind assisted I crushed one 310 lol I was amazed and kept thinking no way in hell did that happen, but it was probably the most pure I could of hit it

Back