Do You Like To Review and Discuss Equipment?

My current schedule makes reviewing tough but I love doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with the majority on reviewing equipment. I think the key is to be as honest as you can, however, knowing what didn't work for me would probably work for someone else so you really can't trash a review/manufacturer just because something didn't work for me. Discussion is a little different in that it's your opinion and take on a product. Being knowledgeable on a product first before reviewing or discussing is a must.

I like both.

Just a wee bit. Haha

Huge fan of both!!! I completely blame THP for my addiction to golf gear as a whole...haha!

I like to learn which helps me improve my game. After reading a review and then trying the the equipment I can understand what the reviewer really meant. With that said, I think I bring something to the table as a high handicapper as I have a non-expert POV regarding clubs.

This site has a wealth of knowledge and it’s great hearing everyone’s opinion/review. Makes me want to try every driver, fairway wood and iron on the market!!!

Huge fan of both!!! I completely blame THP for my addiction to golf gear as a whole...haha!

We will accept the responsibility.

Yes, I really like discussing and reviewing equipment.

It gives me the opportunity to learn more about the gear as well as what’s best for my game.

It also let’s me see what works for others and if I can help anyone make a better informed decision regarding gear based on my experience is great to hear.

Seems like a simple question, but everybody is different. Do you like to discuss and review equipment? Or are you more of a casual learner/reader that prefers talking about the game itself?

Yeah, I like to discuss and review equipment. Although I found THP from the other side of the coin, looking for reviews to read on stuff I was interested in. Reading gear reviews is still a good part of what I spend my time on here, but I do sign up for every opportunity I can to review new stuff here on THP, and look forward to getting the opportunity one day.

I've spent the better part of my professional life testing and analyzing stuff, and explaining the results of that testing and analysis to others. It has gotten to be pretty much second nature to me, although it isn't as easy for me with golf equipment, probably because golf gear is so personal, and performance is going to be different for each individual.

I like to read the reviews from others.

I don't think my reviews of equipment would be of much benefit to anyone.

21.3 HC at present.

But enjoy learning and reading of other approaches to the game in general.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do You Like To Review and Discuss Equipment?

Seems like a simple question, but everybody is different. Do you like to discuss and review equipment? Or are you more of a casual learner/reader that prefers talking about the game itself?

I like to discuss and review equipment. I like @Obedt, I feel a little inadequate on the reviews but I like to do it. I wish that I learned to be a descriptive writer.

All the friends that I golf with know that if they have equipment questions, I’m the one to ask. As Jason Finley introduced me to the local Callaway Rep, “Here’s you local Equipment Geek”

I enjoy all aspects of Golf and talking about and experimenting with new clubs, grips and shafts are a large part of that enjoyment.
Doing official type reviews are tough, but from a old guy perspective I think I can get the point across of what I am seeing / feeling.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I LOVE talking equipment but find doing a review tough. Although talking and reviewing sound similar I find them to be quite different.

I do but I don’t have a lot of brain capacity for a lot of technical talk. I love talking about the feeling of the game, the well struck shot, the days when you score well. I can talk about how equipment feels but other than that I’m at a loss.

I wish I had a place closer than an hour away to try new stuff. I'd like to contribute more on the equipment side, but it's hard to add anything constructive without some live shots.

At first I didn't think I was good enough to provide a review but then I realized the reviews I valued the most were from hackers like me. I finally embraced it and have no problem taking about the good and bad. I'm working on my game and am fine with the transparency. I find it easier to talk about the shots on the course but in my Morgan Cup prep I spent a lot of time hitting into a net and learned how to better describe the feel and utilize the numbers I was seeing on the launch monitor. I still have a long way to go for my reviews to match the level of others who have set the bar high but I'm working on it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I do enjoy reviewing and discussing equipment. Would love to be able to put numbers to the reviews and discussions but do not have access to devices where I live to provide me with those details. I think I do an adequate job of relating my experiences from one piece of equipment to the next as I know my game quite well, what I am capable of and play the same course about 5 times per week so can pretty easily relate distance, dispersion and ball flight.

I really enjoy reading about equipment, testing, and providing feedback. The problem is that I get a bit self-conscious about my reviews. I simply don’t have the expertise and knowledge about clubs as some of the amazing reviews I’ve seen on here. My feedback is usually along the lines of I love these clubs or I’m striking the ball/putting much better with xyz clubs. I don’t feel like that is too helpful sometimes though. As I learn more about the sport I feel like I can do a much better job

I think of myself as a novice when it comes to knowing all the details of equipment. I don’t know the difference of a swing weight of D3 vs D0 or higher. I am still learning about the differences in shafts and how kick points change the trajectory of the ball.

However, I really enjoy experimenting with golf equipment and doing the reviews from the eyes of an average golfer. I also enjoy reading from the experts and others on this and other forums that know a hell of a lot more than I. I have literally spent way too much money reading from all the great people on this forum.

I enjoy trying, reviewing, and reading about equipment. At the same time it’s a bit conflicting for me to test and review. At times I feel my game lacks the consistency to accurately review equipment. But then I think about the multitudes of golfers just like me and when there is a consensus on a particular piece of equipment from golfers like us it becomes quite helpful to others in a general sense.

I love to discuss and review equipment.

I would enjoy reviewing and discussing equipment, but I generally don’t play major OEM clubs. The brands I favor are decent but a lot less expensive.

That being said, if I got an opportunity to “test drive” some new gear I think I could do it well enough.

Would probably consider myself more of a casual learner right now, but really want to dive more in depth.

I enjoy reviewing and discussing, but I tend to feel very uninformed when doing so.

What I have to add is mainly just based from on-course usage, and I tend to not to know enough. Did I/you like the product, yes or no? What were my/your experiences, good or bad?

Unfortunately without having a way to obtain more info (no launch monitors locally), I would love to be able to add far more to discussions data wise, and feel like it would make me much more informed about my overall game. Substandard practice facilities, course conditions drastically different from the ideal, and lack of local technology, tend to leave me in the dark, and unable to find that light to shine on how gear would/could benefit.

How do I do it now? In my opinion, on a very basic level. Do I want to learn more, and be able to share more? Most definitely.

I am a casual learner but enjoy reading about new equipment and hearing from regular golfers what they like or do t like about clubs they play.

It’s cool to hear a pro talk about what they like and showing their launch monitor numbers but when they hit almost every shot perfect it doesn’t really translate to an average player.

I do enjoy giving my perspective of my experiences with various clubs or any other golfing aids or innovations, within my means. I believe it is important for the reader to relate to the demographics of the reviewer i.e. we are not all 100+ mph club head swingers but we all enjoy learning and improving as much as everyone.

Over time amongst members of my home club I modestly admit that I have been one of the go-to guys when an equipment question comes up as I try my best to stay up-to-date particularly with the help of THP and my fellow members.

Like most on here, I love shiny and new!

I do - I enjoy sharing my opinions, and answering questions. I have gotten a lot out of reading the varied perspectives of the folks on the forum, so I'm glad to share mine.

Back