Do You Like To Review and Discuss Equipment?

I love trying new gear and talking about it. I try to be as objective as possible with my reviews.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like reviewing equipment. Not the best by any means, but I think I can convey some good thoughts. I don't do well on shafts because I just don't understand enough about them. Balls I think I cover pretty good.

I love it. Been getting more and more into the technical side and have built my own club workshop.

4 years ago I was just hey let’s go golf and have fun. Things have changed a lot since finding THP. I’m now way more serious about trying to be a better golfer and finding equipment that helps with that goal. As a mid capper, I am able to relate to a lot of golfers and can both read their reviews and also post my thoughts on certain equipment as well. Reviewing equipment has become very important. I still struggle with the technical side of spin ratios and smash factors and all that but I’ve really enjoyed learning that side of golf as well.

I like the idea of reviewing equipment but I always feel it's best to review if you have the exposure to different brands. I rarely touched any clubs other than my own for years. My playing partners haven't changed clubs, only until past year has I invested in new irons, woods, etc. to have the exposure to different brands so gives me more confidence to discuss.

Getting fit for irons was eye opening and gave some perspective. Getting the TM M5/M6 irons soon to review. Should be a good comparison with my P790's I play now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I really enjoy talking golf equipment, but I sometimes feel like my goofy swing creates a ball flight that isn't relatable for most others.

Both. But I lean a bit more toward the test/review side.

I enjoy discussing and reviewing equipment. I am not the most experienced at it but I do have fun with it. When it comes to reviewing equipment I have to play at a local course because I don't have access to a driving range. I do have a net in the backyard but don't have any type of launch monitor for it.

I have set up my own golf workshop and I tinker a lot with my equipment. I also help friends reshaft clubs. I am always learning something new. There are a ton of videos out there to help with most anything I try to do.

Since I am retired, I have time to research all kinds of fun stuff in the golf world.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Golf has consumed since I started back at it. I love talking about equipment for sure and trying different things. I have a ton to learn and I try to read every review I can. I like hearing from all levels of ability because it brings a different perspective of the gear.

I do. I'm a lifelong learner, so that's a good part of it. I am also aware that different players have different needs or priorities when selecting equipment.

I love talking about equipment. I wish my game was at the point where I would notice minor tweaks here and there like using a certain ball over another one, but it isn’t. I still love talking about the equipment though.

I enjoy reading it, and as long as I can caveat my findings well enough to be realistic, I enjoy trying to contribute where I can - I always feel like I have to have something pretty noticeable and at least semi-repeatable to back up any feelings before I do, though.

I love talking about equipment.

I love to discuss equipment and I am getting better at reviews. I came to THP as a lurker but quickly learned that it is much more fun to participate. I have gained a healthy respect for the staff here and the hard work that goes into the reviews.

I like test equipment, and I enjoy the discussions around gear. Like a lot of others my reviewing skills definitely need some help, actually hitting the center of the club face on a regular basis would probably be a good thing too.

I love to talk, write and read about everything golf. The game and the equipment are a real passion for me. The great thing about writing equipment reviews and observations is no matter your handicap, typical miss, observational data or hard numbers...there's always a golfer that can relate, learn and exchange ideas.

I am a little bit of both. I really enjoy testing and reviewing clubs as well as reading others thoughts, but I am not someone that is going to read every review for every item then ask a lot questions. I think I am more likely to focus on particular items that are of most interest in me . I am susceptible to information overload. I really enjoy talking about golf as well as hearing of others experiences with the game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love to review and discuss equipment. It pretty much equals the fun of actually playing the game.

I really enjoy both. Testing new equipment is one of my favorite things to do but sometimes my swing gets pretty wonky and it's tough to give great feedback. I guess that's where I start talking about forgiveness.

Discussing golf in general is always great also. I'm addicted to this crazy game and love reading and talking about it.

Before THP = casual learner/reader that prefers talking about the game

After THP (2012) = discuss and review equipment, dissect equipment, play golf, watch golf, dream golf, praise golf, cuss golf!

I personally enjoy talking about on course experience but I also don’t mind digging into the numbers either.

I don’t really get geeked out on the number stuff. I’ve got a few friends on here that I lean on if need be but I do enjoy sharing my thought on how the equipment in question has performed for me vs similar pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love talking equipment, just wish I could play more that would allow me to do so

I found THP while searching for equipment reviews. I still follow equipment threads because they contain lots of good information. It would be fun to get deeper into reviewing X product vs Y product but that requires reliable data. If only I had a GC Quad or Trackman....:D That said; I'm happy to share my experiences with a product.

I like reading a lot of the reviews folks here write, some of it’s pretty deep into the numbers which I don’t understand but the descriptions on how the clubs feel, look at address and perform get me every time.

I will say that THP has the best reviews out there, it’s not all by the numbers which makes it easy to understand

I love testing equipment. Writing a review is fun as well. We are all different, but I think a lot can be learned by sharing our experiences.

Back