Do You Like To Review and Discuss Equipment?

I never thought that my game was good enough to give reviews.

I have since figured out that a good product review is one that includes all skill levels. I can definitely say that I would prefer to give a review than read one.

I like testing, but sometimes run into the trouble what to test for good content, and then how to compare to see if there’s improvement or not.

It’s a fun problem to have at times.

I enjoy giving my thoughts on equipment. Like many others, I've found that opinions from casual players that aren't low caps are just as valid as daily players. That's the beauty of golf equipment, there's something for everyone.

I enjoy it, brings real life experience to the regular golfer. Hoping to get back into it soon once life slows down a bit here.

When I first joined THP it was like trying to drink from a fire hose. So much info and I felt overwhelmed by the amount of info being given. As time went on, I enjoyed sitting back and reading the discussions and articles as my knowledge and understanding of everything golf grew. I started to make more posts as I felt more comfortable with my knowledge level. These days I’m still learning a ton on here but I feel like I have enough knowledge to make insightful posts when it comes to reviewing equipment. Putting a sim in the garage has really upped my understanding of equipment and tech and I enjoy making posts on the technical aspects of my equipment.

Seems like a simple question, but everybody is different. Do you like to discuss and review equipment? Or are you more of a casual learner/reader that prefers talking about the game itself?
I like reviewing equipment and especially more so after The Grandaddy! This is one of the parts I am most excited about golf season getting into full force bc it really allows me to see the good and bad of the equipment, which the bad has been hard to find yet lol and it also helps me to see the good and bad of my game. The coolest part about reviewing equipment is that someone else might be seeing exactly what you are seeing and then you are able to help each other out and get to a conclusion as to what you are seeing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I definitely enjoyed reviewing the Ping Anser 2 putter for this forum and the new Big Bertha game improvement irons for the Callaway Community. It forced me to critically look at the equipment from a lot of different angles and put my thoughts and opinions into a readable form for others. I would look forward to doing this again. I do enjoy reading/watching the equipment reviews online and in this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we allowed to enjoy both? I like getting into the technical aspects as much as the general golf talk

Are we allowed to enjoy both? I like getting into the technical aspects as much as the general golf talk

Of course.

Can I say both? I love talking about all aspects of the game. Even though Im not really into namebrand clubs anymore, its still fun to talk about the new gear thats coming out and how its supposedly better than what we already have.
I love talk about golf lifestyle and swing theory too. Its all fun.

I love reviewing equipment. It’s fun and I geek out very easily.

I love trying new stuff and giving a review of it. I have been playing for 30 some-odd years and got down to scratch at one time, do not get to play as much now and HDCP has suffered but i do like helping others with their game....

I love trying everything. I suppose I review everything I try in my own way as I tend to talk about what I am using at the current time with anyone who will listen. I feel I have built up an extensive database in my head where I can reference past gear and know how it performs comparatively to what I am using, or what others are using. My friends come to me with questions, and I'm proud to say, I have answers!

I think both... this forum really helps on both accounts.

Both. I wouldn’t consider myself a tech or equipment guru but I like to engage with others about it and give my opinions. That being said I really enjoy discussing the game itself. I never have been a “gear head” so to speak with golf. But, I certainly enjoy learning about new equipment or tech that could help me get better....

Absolutely, my personality is always to see and do new things.

I love to review and discuss equipment. I'm constantly discussing new equipment with my friends and I love digging into the tech behind new stuff. I'm not the best writer in the world and sometimes the thoughts in my head don't always translate well to the page, but I always try to do my best with it.

Seems like a simple question, but everybody is different. Do you like to discuss and review equipment? Or are you more of a casual learner/reader that prefers talking about the game itself?

Only sometimes.

I enjoy testing, reviewing and discussing equipment. It's not only fun for me, but, gives me something to focus on and immerse myself into. For instance, if it's club, I'll game it, of course, but, also go the range several times a week and hit shots under different lie conditions, etc., to see how it performs for me. This gives me a lot of info to review on the forum, but, also has a side benefit, for me, of focused practice--something that I rarely do anymore, now that I don't play in tournaments regularly. Heck, I rarely hit a warm up bucket for playing these days. I've found that while testing, my game improves and my handicap drops a few strokes, and that has occurred even when testing balls, putters, and wedges. There was one putter I reviewed that I couldn't make many putts with. But, working with it did seem to improve my putting when I'd put my gamer back in play. Haha

I love it all! When I had the privilege to review the TaylorMade Rsi2 irons, and the Bridgestone e7 balls, I felt the obligation to really delve deep into the performance of each, and try to address any questions I thought fellow THPers might have.

Back