2019 Honma TW747 Woods and Irons - Anyone gaming them?

mtex22

Reaction score
Handicap
Just picked these up on whim! Played 3 rounds so far and the TW747V irons are butter soft, relatively forgiving and have great distance and dispersion. They are little to no offset, short blade length, squared off and just look amazing!

Also very impressed with the driver! I got the 460 model with the Vizard FD 60 shaft and man this think looks and feels great! Feels very explosive but not loud and this shaft has some great kick. Longer than any driver I have played this year. Picked up the 3 wood and hybrid is as well and also very impressed with the results. Finally a hybrid that does not look upright to me.

Anyone else gaming Honma? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3c22.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3c22.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 4
  • fullsizeoutput_3c25.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3c25.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 4
  • fullsizeoutput_3c2b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3c2b.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2053.jpeg
    IMG_2053.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 4
  • fullsizeoutput_3c21.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3c21.jpeg
    1,018 KB · Views: 3
Great looking set, looks like 2019 is shaping up to be a good year! Have fun with them.

Nice Looking
c.png

Great looking irons!! I like that HZRDUS towel too!

s-l1600[6].jpg

I bought this TW-737 4h last year as my first try at a hybrid. I always played long irons but I wanted to try a hybrid without breaking the bank.

s-l1600.jpg

ghhgg.jpg

That club exceeded my expectations to the point that I purchased a TW-747 5h to go along with it. I love the way the ball jumps off the face and the sound/feel is phenomenal. Honma has an uphill battle to gain market share here in the US but the equipment is top notch. JB gamed a set of the TW-737 irons last year before he gave them away on the forum.

I had the Beres irons last year, as well as the TW737V irons. They’re both absolutely fantastic.

Loved the hybrid and driver when I was playing out of ddec’s bag while he was reviewing.

Just wanted to report back after several rounds. I've tried most of the stuff these days and to my pleasant surprise Honma has made a seat in my bag. Everything from PW to Driver is super solid and seems to just fit me great. Ive shot some great scores, experienced the forgiveness and distance which I am comfortable with all combined with superior feel and classic looks. I got all this stuff at a bargain so its really a win win! I am quite surprised by how this turned out but also very glad I have a unique bag at least until Honma gets more popular in the US. I highly recommend their entire line!

Just wanted to report back after several rounds. I've tried most of the stuff these days and to my pleasant surprise Honma has made a seat in my bag. Everything from PW to Driver is super solid and seems to just fit me great. Ive shot some great scores, experienced the forgiveness and distance which I am comfortable with all combined with superior feel and classic looks. I got all this stuff at a bargain so its really a win win! I am quite surprised by how this turned out but also very glad I have a unique bag at least until Honma gets more popular in the US. I highly recommend their entire line!

You mean the 10 iron? :act-up:

My Honma hybrids were fantastic today, deadly weapons!!

Went to golf town today , viewed the Honma line up. Pretty solid offering from irons to woods. The blades are really nice looking but scary to look down at for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So going on two months with Honma in the bag and still loving everything. The only thing that didn't work was the wedges but did get some TM Milled Grind which are working great. I did pick up this to try this weekend will report back but here are some pics. It looks awesome, really compact blade length.

View attachment 39603
View attachment 39604
View attachment 39605

How is the utility?

MSEASU;n8876228 said:
How is the utility?

It pretty good. Feels great not clicky, low offset and compact blade length. Flies higher than my TW747V 4 iron equivalent and much more forgiving.

Back