PING G410 Hybrid Review

410 is vastly superior to the 400.

I mean that.

I've never owned a Ping hybrid before but this one sounds to be exactly what I need. I do like the slightly bigger size with the 6.5% increase in MOI in their specs.

I'm trying to fill the 4h spot in my bag to go with my G700 irons I have coming. I think I had it down to the Rogue, the G400, or the G410 until reding through this. I thought maybe I could save some money and get the G400 until I've read so much about how the G410 is such a better performer from multiple sources. I might still consider the Rogue a bit but I need to fill the gap between a G700 5i and a Rogue X 3h. I'm thinking the G410 with the adjustability options sounds like a good way to fill the gap. I want an actual 4 iron replacement and not just a distance club there since the Rogue X 3h fills that spot.

Once you get your G700s, you can get your 5i distance and maybe find some used G400 heads to test and see if you get lucky with a perfect distance. I didn't hate the G400 but found it a little too left biased for me. The G410 is a better head in most ways for me, but you never know until you try them for yourself.

I've never owned a Ping hybrid before but this one sounds to be exactly what I need. I do like the slightly bigger size with the 6.5% increase in MOI in their specs.

They are game changers. I have the 19 set to 18 and the 22 set to 23. Perfect gaps and I don’t need a 3 wood anymore which is a huge thing. I wonder if the 410 fairways are explosive as the hybrids.

They are game changers. I have the 19 set to 18 and the 22 set to 23. Perfect gaps and I don’t need a 3 wood anymore which is a huge thing. I wonder if the 410 fairways are explosive as the hybrids.

THIS: I've been kicking around the idea of maybe using a 2H but playing a 3H at 18 flat would really substitute and make it still manageable to use from the fairway. I don't hit a 3 wood well and have a gap at the bottom of my bag from 49 to 56 so I may just add another wedge for specific distance and replace my hybrids. Theory sounds like it would work.

THIS: I've been kicking around the idea of maybe using a 2H but playing a 3H at 18 flat would really substitute and make it still manageable to use from the fairway. I don't hit a 3 wood well and have a gap at the bottom of my bag from 49 to 56 so I may just add another wedge for specific distance and replace my hybrids. Theory sounds like it would work.

18F is where I’ve got my 3 set and so love it. It’s pretty filthy.

Ended up getting the 4h today. I got to hit it off the mats. I'm usually terrible off the mats but this really seemed truly easy to hit once I got loose. I could feel the ballspeed coming off the face even with the plastic and the masking tape over the face. Once I get it outdoors and can fine tune the loft settings this should fit right in between my 5i and my Rogue X 3h. I could even see adding the 5h in the future if the 4h performs like it should in the long run.

I've got the 2 Hybrid set to 16. It's the most versatile club in my bag. Tee shots on short par 4s, 2nd shots into par 5's, punch shots from the trees to recover, putting just off the green on tight lies or against the fringe, etc. Stokes gained on this club is ++++

Historically I haven’t been a huge Ping guy. I have had a few hybrids a G 3 wood and the Sigma 2 putter. I am a huge fan of the putter, but I wasn’t blown away by the other clubs that I’ve tried from them. I was a little reluctant to try this Hybrid, but once I did I knew immediately that this was a different story. These hybrids Have really instilled a lot of confidence in this portion of the bag.

Crazy good hybrids; have the 2, 3, and 5 in my bag for gapping reasons. I’m curious about the new epic flash, but the old epic hybrids I couldn’t hit nearly as well as these pings

Crazy good hybrids; have the 2, 3, and 5 in my bag for gapping reasons. I’m curious about the new epic flash, but the old epic hybrids I couldn’t hit nearly as well as these pings

I am curious about your hybrid gapping and see your fairway is “on time out”. I absolutely love my G410 hybrids and are 3,4. It seems I hit my hybrids better than my G410 3 wood and have been SERIOUSLY considering just scraping my 3 wood and move a 2 G410 hybrid in. With the understanding that everyone is different, has the 2 hybrid been as easy to hit as the 3? Have you changed lofts much on them? Thanks.

Haven't changed lofts at all.... the 2h is a solid 20 yrds longer than the 3h for me... for whatever reason, the 4h i get jumpers on and it goes roughly the same distance as the 3h... the 5h gaps in nicely to my 6 iron. I'm not so good of a player i need a standard 10 yrd difference between each club. I am generally driver, then iron or 5h on a par 4 and on a par 5 driver, then 2 or 3 hybrid into the chipping area or green.. I really don't need the 3 wood, it is as far as the 2h and i hit the hybrids better than the fairways (that's been the case regardless of the manufacturer). So it all seems to work best without a 3w in the bag.

Every once in a while I get the crazy notion I could bomb a 3w, take it to the range and then.... all the nopes in the world

I stand by my review article on the homepage with them, the ballspeed is legit, but the spin manages to not be silly low like a LOT of the other hybrids out there with good ball speed.

I'll be damned if this stock alta 70 shaft isnt just great. I was going to get the tour 85 but this thread made me reconsider, and im glad i did.

Loving this 410, its like cheating.

I'll be damned if this stock alta 70 shaft isnt just great. I was going to get the tour 85 but this thread made me reconsider, and im glad i did.

I ended up opting out of all the higher end shafts they offer because I was getting too much spin - the Evenflow Black and the Tensei Blue. I never tried this shaft, but I went Aldilla 2KXV and love it. Wish I would have demo'd that shaft

I ordered the kbs hybrid proto shaft but it was going to take a month. Went with the Alta shaft after reading the forum and couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I had bought the Tour shaft in R flex and then bought the stock Alta in S from Ping and the 3H came alive for me. Stock shaft is solid. Great hybrid.

Hit a beautiful 4HY into a Par 5 during a scramble to 5 feet. Had a great day with the Hybrids, one of my playing partners told me to never change my Hybrids. I wish I could’ve made that promise....it will be a while though.

Still the best hybrid I’ve ever gamed....by far.

Still the best hybrid I’ve ever gamed....by far.

They’ve unseated the OG Apex for me there. Highest praise I can give a hybrid.

They’ve unseated the OG Apex for me there. Highest praise I can give a hybrid.

I love mine as well. When will we see your head-to-head with this and Epic Flash?

I love mine as well. When will we see your head-to-head with this and Epic Flash?

Once we (THP) get a review setup in.

Once we (THP) get a review setup in.

Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Right now Vegas odds have the G410 -150

Anyone know if it is possible to buy the new adapters for the hybrids? I see some eBay listings but since adjustable hybrids are new for PING I want to make sure it's a legitimately compatible product. Are the G410 hybrids .370 or .355?

I seem to be hitting my 5i so well and the feeing of the stock Alta shaft on the 4h is so different I'm thinking about getting a SMACWRAP 780 F3 shaft off of eBay and trying it on the 4h to see how it feels.

Anyone know if it is possible to buy the new adapters for the hybrids? I see some eBay listings but since adjustable hybrids are new for PING I want to make sure it's a legitimately compatible product. Are the G410 hybrids .370 or .355?

I seem to be hitting my 5i so well and the feeing of the stock Alta shaft on the 4h is so different I'm thinking about getting a SMACWRAP 780 F3 shaft off of eBay and trying it on the 4h to see how it feels.

GolfWorks

GolfWorks
Ah, I found it on a 2nd search. I guess I must have typed wrong when I looked for the tip the first time. I actually live about 30 minutes away from their location so I can go out there and pick up everything I need. I guess it is a .370 tip for the hybrids.

JMB3;n8524876 said:
FINALLY put a few good swings on the 4H today, and, wow, ya'll aren't lying about the high launch and peak height. I don't remember ever hitting a 4H this high; maybe the Steelhead XR? After hooking the heck out of my driver on a par 5 (typical this year), I used the 22* to cut off the corner and launch it over some massive pine trees. Way too cocky of a shot given the current state of my swing, but I pulled it off. Very excited to have these in the bag this year.

See you have the 4 and 5 which is what I am thinking about. Just wandering what shaft you have. Thanks.

Back