PING G410 Hybrid Review

crazygolfnut;n8875124 said:
See you have the 4 and 5 which is what I am thinking about. Just wandering what shaft you have. Thanks.
Stock Alta in R.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JMB3;n8875190 said:
Stock Alta in R.

Stock Alta is legit in these hybo's.

Jman;n8875811 said:
Stock Alta is legit in these hybo's.
Agreed! The R flex has held up well for me too. I went S in the 400 version, but no need in the 410.

Last edited:
I have recoils in my 4&5 and a tensei blue in my 2.

Ping G410 sft 10.5* with Tensei Blue 60g reg flex shaft
Ping G400 sft 3w Tensei blue 65g reg flex shaft
Ping G400 7 wood Tensei orange 50g reg flex shaft
Ping G410 4&5 hybrids UST Recoil shafts
Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pros 6-pw Recoil F3 95 shafts
Mizuno JPX 919 GW,SW,LW recoil F3 95 shafts
Ping Craz-e putter

Speaking of G410 hybos. I just had a 230 forced carry on a par 5. I have so much confidence in this club I didn’t hesitate to pull it and put the ball pin high. Turned into a par, but that’s a different issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit a par 5 in two that I haven’t had an eagle putt on for awhile. Hit a great drive down the middle. Was about 230 out and used the 3H set at 18. When I hit it I told the guy I was playing with that I couldn’t hit it any better if I tried. Straight as an arrow bounced once before the green and settled in about 15 feet. Cozied the putt up to gimme birdie and rolled on. Used it off the tee 4 times yesterday too 3/4 fwir with the 4th just rolling too far just in the rough. No real need for a fairway wood for me, which is a nice feeling for my game.

Scrap22;n8879691 said:
I have been curious about this comparison. I love my G410 Hybrids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybg_J2rUjL4

I watched this because I was curious too. Not much in it between the two, definitely didn’t make me regret my position with the 410’s. I have seen too much evidence that the 410’s are perfect for my game to change. I am a sucker for new hybrids but I have no need to look elsewhere.

Danimal;n8879753 said:
I watched this because I was curious too. Not much in it between the two, definitely didn’t make me regret my position with the 410’s. I have seen too much evidence that the 410’s are perfect for my game to change. I am a sucker for new hybrids but I have no need to look elsewhere.

100% for me as well. I also no no need to change. The 410's are very safe. I have tons of confidence in the G410's and it keeps growing every round.

Watched the video and agree. 410 is just so darn solid for me. Been playing mine most of the season with the tensei blue TX and it is so reliable off the tee, fairway or out of the rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ping rep is dropping off a couple of demo units this week that I can test on the course. I bet I end up buying them.

crazygolfnut;n8880185 said:
The Ping rep is dropping off a couple of demo units this week that I can test on the course. I bet I end up buying them.

I have a feeling you will enjoy them. Hard not to actually.

I had a nice round yesterday and the star of the show was the Ping G410 4 hybrid. I used this club off the tee on 4 tight driving holes and was 4/4 on fairways hit. What is more impressive is the consistent distance I am getting. My only birdie of the day came on a par 5 where I had to punch out of trees sideways and was setting 230 to a back pin placement. I pulled the 4 hybrid and put the ball about 15 feet left of the pin with minimal rollout. The ball mark was about 5 feet from where the ball settled. I have the head set to 1* strong and neutral lie angle. I have toyed with the flat lie angle, but this club is so anti-left that I am very happy with the neutral setting for now. The best part of the club is the ability to have a consistent gapping at the top end of the bag. Best hybrids I have ever played!

I stuck one and held the green from 200+ with my 22* "4H". I've never done something like that before.

I thought I was safe hitting my 4h yesterday on a course with a short dogleg. My GPS was telling me it was 195 to the water and I normally would have expected about 170 out of this club. I got it off the tee really clean and hooked it a little bit to cut the corner of the dogleg. I couldn't find the ball when I went out to the fairway. The only logical explanation is that I hit it so well I blew the fairway and into the water on the other side. I added the 3h to my setup a couple of weeks ago to replace the Rogue X 3h because I liked the 4h so much. Definitely the easiest hybrids I've ever hit and I've really gotten comfortable with the stock Alta R shaft.

All good reports about this hybrid. I would usually be tempted to try a hybrid like the epic flash hybrid but I have no interest at this time. The happiest I have been with hybrids for a long time.

Danimal;n8898334 said:
All good reports about this hybrid. I would usually be tempted to try a hybrid like the epic flash hybrid but I have no interest at this time. The happiest I have been with hybrids for a long time.

I'll say this, and I don't care what any video reviewer out there has said, two very different beasts.

Jman;n8898530 said:
I'll say this, and I don't care what any video reviewer out there has said, two very different beasts.

I get that. I am hitting the 410’s exactly the distances and the flight that I have been yearning for so I don’t have the need to try anything else. The Pings are also a perfect size for me and I am a fan of the matte finish. I know the EF is probably longer based on the ball speed that you are getting but that is not my deciding factor.

I love my G410 hybrids and they are doing exactly what I want. Easy to hit, great distance, consistent distance, great dispersion, awesome feel. But, I am now so curious that I have to at least hit the Epic Flash Hybrid. Since I hit my Epic Flash 5 wood so well and my gaps fit perfect with my G410 3 and 4 hybrids, I am not sure what that would it would look like adding in a Flash hybrid. Curiousity has got me though, thats for sure. If nothing else, I want to know what they feel like.

I took a demo unit out and played on my normal course as well as a practice session on the driving range. I have not been playing very well and even though I did not hit my normal clubs very well, I never had a bad hit with the G410. The G410 was very easy to hit, very forgiving, and produced a nice high ball flight with lots of distance. I never hit a bad shot. Overall, the G410 is one great club. Looks like I am going to have to break into the old piggy bank.

I'm waiting to pull the trigger until I get this directly against the TS2/3. It's been pulling at me all season I just knew some new things would be out and I couldn't switch that quickly.

hedley_lamarr08;n8902323 said:
I'm waiting to pull the trigger until I get this directly against the TS2/3. It's been pulling at me all season I just knew some new things would be out and I couldn't switch that quickly.

Im reviewing the Flash right now and it’s definitely longer than this one, but for my needs and wants this is still the best hybrid out there. Gaps easily, forgiving, plenty long, and consistent as can be.

Jman;n8902328 said:
Im reviewing the Flash right now and it’s definitely longer than this one, but for my needs and wants this is still the best hybrid out there. Gaps easily, forgiving, plenty long, and consistent as can be.

I would consider a Flash as a 2H if I wasn't hitting for a specific distance. I used to be a launch monitor guy to hit as far as I can and not really worry about it. I've learned to play golf and finally grew to realize that I need a specific distance on anything not a driver or longest wood/hybrid. Ping hasn't let me down with the G400 and the G410 was a lot better than the last model with I tested. Problem was only having a few rounds on the G400. I need to suck it up and go for a fitting. Maybe a 2 and 4H with a 4 Crossover and be done with it. Commitment issues. I trade cars yearly lol

Jman;n8902328 said:

I know distance sells, but the consistent distance Im seeing from these is why I love them.

H8tobogie;n8902367 said:
I know distance sells, but the consistent distance Im seeing from these is why I love them.

Oh, the Flash is consistent as the 410, it’s just a hell of a lot longer too. Haha

Back