2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Probably good for a new thread as to not limit it to here. Good discussion.

I’ve been looking for it, I’ll weigh in where it’s appropriate. I will say here that the bag is beyond great. Fan-damn-tasitc. It’s like wearing nothing, even if you have a gallon of water and 2 dozen balls.

I’ll start it if needed, but was waiting for someone more knowledgeable in how this works to begin it.

I’ve been looking for it, I’ll weigh in where it’s appropriate. I will say here that the bag is beyond great. Fan-damn-tasitc. It’s like wearing nothing, even if you have a gallon of water and 2 dozen balls.

I’ll start it if needed, but was waiting for someone more knowledgeable in how this works to begin it.

Just started a thread for the review of the bag since I was unable to find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started a thread for the review of the bag since I was unable to find one.

Nice! Thanks. I’ll weigh in with some initial thoughts once I have some more time.

I havnt even been able to play at all lately because of all this rain we have had. The bridge from 10 green to 11 tee is submerged and the fairways on the front nine look like ponds.

Had a busy weekend. Thanks for putting together a thread. It was on my to-do list for today

I played a ton of golf last week and haven't touched a club in three days. I need to do some landscape projects around the house tonight but playing Thursday to Sunday!

I played a ton of golf last week and haven't touched a club in three days. I need to do some landscape projects around the house tonight but playing Thursday to Sunday!

That’s the kind of dedication I want from a teammate!

Me, I’m too dang busy coaching this time of year to barely touch a club. But I’ve played some of my best golf ever after a lay-off. So I’ll either be great (unlikely) or suck (more likely), but I’m going to hope to catch lightning in a bottle. I can probably grind out some middle of the road results if I need to though to help the team.

But I plan to be one helluva a teammate in the fun part even if the golf part isn’t great.

Edit: I have pretty free day tomorrow, looked at the weather and it don’t look pretty. The forecast said to grab a canoe, Toto, and hope for the best. Sigh.

Last edited:
League tomorrow night I think I figured out irons based in some backyard whiffle ball range practice. Think I was jerking the left arm back to the inside and coming over the top for a nice shank.

Fingers crossed as we enter June. stone is around the corner!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That’s the kind of dedication I want from a teammate!

Me, I’m too dang busy coaching this time of year to barely touch a club. But I’ve played some of my best golf ever after a lay-off. So I’ll either be great (unlikely) or suck (more likely), but I’m going to hope to catch lightning in a bottle. I can probably grind out some middle of the road results if I need to though to help the team.

But I plan to be one helluva a teammate in the fun part even if the golf part isn’t great.

Edit: I have pretty free day tomorrow, looked at the weather and it don’t look pretty. The forecast said to grab a canoe, Toto, and hope for the best. Sigh.

The law of diminishing returns was in effect last weekend. I think it was fatigue from walking a lot of rounds. We'll see if that's true tomorrow evening.

Hope the weather hacks missed the forecast for you and you're able to visit the course or range soon.

Haven’t switched over to the new bag yet. Will try to do so in the next couple weeks. That being said I’ve got a nice little foursome of THPers playing on Saturday morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven’t switched over to the new bag yet. Will try to do so in the next couple weeks. That being said I’ve got a nice little foursome of THPers playing on Saturday morning

Good stuff! Enjoy the round!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I have not switched over to the new bag yet either but will here soon. I have the next few days off to get in some practice as last weekend was a mixed bag of golf shots.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I’m ahead of the curve then on switching! If I ever get to play, the new bag is just begging to be played. I’m hoping today but it looks rather gloomy right now.

Sounds like fun Saturday AM, sorry I must have missed my invite.... :)

I’m ahead of the curve then on switching! If I ever get to play, the new bag is just begging to be played. I’m hoping today but it looks rather gloomy right now.

Sounds like fun Saturday AM, sorry I must have missed my invite.... :)

I've had the new bag out twice, the only struggle (and I'm using that term very loosely, should be adjustment) I'm seeing with it is going from 14 dividers to 5. I also have the cart pass at my club so I haven't tried walking with it but the shoulder straps are far superior to what I had.

I've been working on the Sky Trak trying to get my swing back in shape the last couple days while it's been raining and I'm making a bit of progress. Hopefully I'll get out this weekend and see if my swing travels with me.

I've had the new bag out twice, the only struggle (and I'm using that term very loosely, should be adjustment) I'm seeing with it is going from 14 dividers to 5. I also have the cart pass at my club so I haven't tried walking with it but the shoulder straps are far superior to what I had.

I've been working on the Sky Trak trying to get my swing back in shape the last couple days while it's been raining and I'm making a bit of progress. Hopefully I'll get out this weekend and see if my swing travels with me.

Hey Roomie!

Got 9 in today. It was a total bonus. Looked like it could storm any second but stayed dry. Went to the course to hit the range and my middle son talked me into just playing. My fat butt walked nine, I can do 18 and honestly this bag just makes it easy. Only played nine because I wasn’t planning on playing and if I’m walking I NEED water. There was none on course and by hole 8 I was parched, and once there there is no catching up. My just turned 14 year old was done too and he’ll walk 54 holes easy. Not hot but humid.

Got stuck behind an old guy non-golfer group that didn’t help things. Took 2.5 hours to play nine. We were waiting 5 minutes every shot as they hacked it 10 yards, stood over it for 30 seconds, then hacked another 10 yards. Those that read my thread from last year will be happy that we just patiently waited. Lol

On the tee at 6 my kid dang near had his head taken off by a bladed wedge from the twosome of young guys behind us. I was watching and told him “DOWN!!!” Luckily he listened. I don’t know why that kid didn’t yell “Fore!” but he didn’t, but at least I seen it coming. I invited them to join us (and politely told him if he hits a shot at someone’s head, he probably should be screaming “FORE!!!” as loud as he possibly can) on 7 and we were waiting as a foursome with 2 of us walking (old fat guy and young kid) behind the threesome in carts in front. No biggie it happens, and we weren’t running out of daylight.

With no water I ran out of gas on 8. Made an ugly double, it is the hardest hole on the course but I just had nothing in the tank. Followed suit on 9, hit 4i off the tee and bladed it about 100 yards. Yuck. Recovered with a beautiful high draw hybrid to about the 200 yard marker on this par 5. I was in the “fairway” but sitting on bare mud. Ick. Tried to just punch the hybrid again and hit it about 150 yards, but only 100 straight, lol. I was back in 8’s FW. Hit a wedge to 20ft, missed it, and tapped in for the ugliest tap in bogey you will ever see. Two total mishits.

Per usual, I hit some shots that you’d swear a scratch golfer would make, some that looked like a 25HC, and the majority in the middle. The course is only 6600 yards so we played the “tips”. The first hole the group behind joined us, I could hear them talking about how good I was, lol. Busted a drive, knocked a wedge stiff, lipped out the birdie. That was 7. Hole 8 the buzz I was hearing from them stopped, lol. After I hit my tee shot on 9, they were probably laughing at me, ha.

Hahahaha, that's pretty good stuff. Most of us have that mixed bag of shots where we look good for a stretch and then putrid for a stretch but as long as the bad stretch doesn't last too long it's all fun.

Good looking out for your son, I've hit my fair (or unfair depending on how you look at it) share of bladed wedges and those can be deadly. The only acceptable reason for not yelling fore, is not seeing anyone in the path of destruction or losing sight of the ball, with two people that shouldn't really ever happen. We have a couple of tee shots where if you didn't know someone was ahead of you could be trouble at my course but really it's pretty open so thankfully you know if you're about to ruin someone's day pretty quickly.

As I was reading your post I thought back to all of the times I've golfed and I don't think I've ever walked even 9 holes. I may have to remedy that this year, I could use the exercise and it would help for the review of the bag.

Glad you found some time to get out when it wasn't raining or too wet to be worthwhile. My home course doesn't drain all that well and it's looking a bit rough from being so wet. The forecast looks promising though, so we'll see.

Hahahaha, that's pretty good stuff. Most of us have that mixed bag of shots where we look good for a stretch and then putrid for a stretch but as long as the bad stretch doesn't last too long it's all fun.

Good looking out for your son, I've hit my fair (or unfair depending on how you look at it) share of bladed wedges and those can be deadly. The only acceptable reason for not yelling fore, is not seeing anyone in the path of destruction or losing sight of the ball, with two people that shouldn't really ever happen. We have a couple of tee shots where if you didn't know someone was ahead of you could be trouble at my course but really it's pretty open so thankfully you know if you're about to ruin someone's day pretty quickly.

As I was reading your post I thought back to all of the times I've golfed and I don't think I've ever walked even 9 holes. I may have to remedy that this year, I could use the exercise and it would help for the review of the bag.

Glad you found some time to get out when it wasn't raining or too wet to be worthwhile. My home course doesn't drain all that well and it's looking a bit rough from being so wet. The forecast looks promising though, so we'll see.

Yeah, there really wasn’t any excuse. He saw it, even admitted that he knew it was coming towards us, but did nothing. We’ve all bladed a wedge at someone but it shouldn’t be news to them when it gets to them.

But, I’m in the friend making business and since no one was hurt (thank god I happened to be looking), I just later asked that he gives someone a heads up if that happened again. He said he heard me yelling for my son to get down, so didn’t say anything. No biggie, we all walked away from it ok, but he should have been screaming. I’ve had a few balls that have barely missed me before and I hit the deck because I heard someone screaming “FORE!!!!” as loud as they possibly could. If I launch one in someone’s general direction, there’s no doubt that they know they’re in danger. If you don’t see it, it’s hard to do anything but protect your head the best you can.

Bring water if you walk, lol. I may have played 18 today had I done so. I was toast after 7 holes today. It wasn’t even hot, just muggy. But with a group behind us, we were hustling just because I wanted them to know we weren’t the pace problem. You never seen anyone walking around here anymore, so I wanted them to know (prior to them joining us) that we weren’t the pace problem.

Really looking forward to seeing how the wedges come out and very interested to see what everyone went with. Hoping we get them in hand before the event to get some swings on them, but it would also make for a pretty cool unveiling if we didn’t get them until Friday night meet and greet. Also looking forward to seeing the teams announced. Basically just looking forward to the whole dang event haha.

Solid prep in the thread - looking forward to seeing in hand wedge pics

Solid prep in the thread - looking forward to seeing in hand wedge pics

The “warning” ones they did for Bethpage Black looked awesome. Can’t wait to see ours

Really looking forward to seeing how the wedges come out and very interested to see what everyone went with. Hoping we get them in hand before the event to get some swings on them, but it would also make for a pretty cool unveiling if we didn’t get them until Friday night meet and greet. Also looking forward to seeing the teams announced. Basically just looking forward to the whole dang event haha.

Haha I almost had something similar typed out but totally agree! Can’t wait to see the teams and wedges! I went with a theme.....humor....something that will make me laugh every time I grab one from that sexy ass bag

Haha I almost had something similar typed out but totally agree! Can’t wait to see the teams and wedges! I went with a theme.....humor....something that will make me laugh every time I grab one from that sexy ass bag

Please tell me you had 2 Gloves stamped.

Please tell me you had 2 Gloves stamped.

Nope. That’s strictly an alias for “online” purposes only

Haha. Yep. Others might think mine is lame but I went with something that will make me smile. That’s all that matters.

I’d love to see them beforehand to get some swings in but I almost think it would be cooler to get them there if that makes sense? Either way guys, I can’t wait to get this rolling. I’m curious about the teams and how we match up too, though to be honest it’s all fun and games till the matches get right at the end, then I’ve gotta work on my Kobe scowl lol. Regardless, this is going to be an absolute blast.

Back