2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Haha. Yep. Others might think mine is lame but I went with something that will make me smile. That’s all that matters.

I cracked under the time pressure and went with simplicity.

I’m not going to lie, I spent way more time than a normal person should have trying to decide what to go with. I can’t count the times I turned to my wife and said “how about this?”

Mine are pretty simple as well

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Mine are pretty simple as well

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
At this point mine will be a surprise to me as well as others because I forget the updated after character restriction. I agree it will be cool to unwrap them during the event.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I’m not going to lie, I spent way more time than a normal person should have trying to decide what to go with. I can’t count the times I turned to my wife and said “how about this?”

My wordy ass was almost stumped when I was told 7 characters. Almost. I think I’ll do the site proud, hopefully, once they see them. The last PM to GolferGal before I was told they had to be in 7 characters or less she said something like “umm, I’ll check but that’s probably not going to fit” lol.

And I thought the 20 word Grandaddy contacts were tough. 7 characters? Ha. But in the end, I know damn well I’ll be happy and I think the website in general will appreciate it.

And I can’t wait. Can’t wait for more info. Can’t wait to see the wedges. Can’t wait to meet the rest of the team. Can’t wait to see who the poor schlup that’s unlucky enough to draw me as a partner, etc etc. :)

Haha I almost had something similar typed out but totally agree! Can’t wait to see the teams and wedges! I went with a theme.....humor....something that will make me laugh every time I grab one from that sexy ass bag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you switched bags yet? Not sure what’s the hold up ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you switched bags yet? Not sure what’s the hold up ...

Cmon....when am I actually home?

Cmon....when am I actually home?

Never, but you’re missing the point.... that reveal video should have had a follow up video with club transfer . We need more PKorf baldness and commentary!!!

Never, but you’re missing the point.... that reveal video should have had a follow up video with club transfer . We need more PKorf baldness and commentary!!!

Alright alright. I’ll get on that this weekend if I find sometime

Great prep work tonight. As a refresher to the forum, Bridgestone staff will join us on the course and the hot rumor is they can hit a golf ball. #NotShocking! Any team who beats a Bridgestone team wins multiple dozens of personalized balls. BTW, this is just ONE of the fun items in this event.

Now to the prep. I played with two guys who spent time on the mini-tours. It was fun trying to keep up. Example; we're on a par 5, 254 from the front of a narrow green with water on the left, bunkers on the right and more water behind the green. The ball is above his feet. He looks over and says; driver off the deck? My ball is next to his and I'm thinking 6i - wedge. He hits a beautiful shot into the bunker. Up and down for a birdie! Must be nice. I three putt for a 6! Whoops.

The other part of my prep was oohing and aahing golf shot after golf shot. It's always fun to watch good players! That said; I plan to help my team give our BSG friends a fun run for some personalized balls. Let's do this!

I pulled a sleeve of B330 RX tonight. It's a previous model but still a solid workhorse. Lots of water on my course but I finished with the ball I started with. Firestone has an insane amount of water so everyone needs to practice keeping their balls out of the water.

Great prep work tonight. As a refresher to the forum, Bridgestone staff will join us on the course and the hot rumor is they can hit a golf ball. #NotShocking! Any team who beats a Bridgestone team wins multiple dozens of personalized balls. BTW, this is just ONE of the fun items in this event.

Now to the prep. I played with two guys who spent time on the mini-tours. It was fun trying to keep up. Example; we're on a par 5, 254 from the front of a narrow green with water on the left, bunkers on the right and more water behind the green. The ball is above his feet. He looks over and says; driver off the deck? My ball is next to his and I'm thinking 6i - wedge. He hits a beautiful shot into the bunker. Up and down for a birdie! Must be nice. I three putt for a 6! Whoops.

The other part of my prep was oohing and aahing golf shot after golf shot. It's always fun to watch good players! That said; I plan to help my team give our BSG friends a fun run for some personalized balls. Let's do this!

I pulled a sleeve of B330 RX tonight. It's a previous model but still a solid workhorse. Lots of water on my course but I finished with the ball I started with. Firestone has an insane amount of water so everyone needs to practice keeping their balls out of the water.

I plan to use my affinity for the force to gently nudge the ball on to dry land, no worries !

Lol! May the force be with you (especially if we’re teammates).

The way I played yesterday, I’m pretty much screwed. I did hit 4/7 fairways, but one of them was the wrong hole. I even layed up on a par 5, twice-lol. I did have one helluva round going until I jacked it all up though. That happened on hole one unfortunately.

Does Bridgestone offer a floating ball?

Another fun day on the golf course! I really enjoy the 4-ball format so playing as many matches as possible before the Bridgestone Championship. Carded my best back 9 score ever at my home course. Sure hope it's the start of a good trend and not a fluke!

Lots of great information in this video from Micheal Vrska and Adam Rehberg. Ball fitting will be a new experience and I'm very interested to learn if the data confirms my choice!

Lots of great information in this video from Micheal Vrska and Adam Rehberg. Ball fitting will be a new experience and I'm very interested to learn if the data confirms my choice!

It’s quite an eye opening experience. I should have numbers to share next week on my fitting with Bridgestone. I highly recommend having one done!

Another weekend of not being able to play. The water is dropping but not very fast. They wont open the course still even because its still that wet. Hell the range still isn't open!

Played Saturday and swapped bags out finally.

2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Another weekend of not being able to play. The water is dropping but not very fast. They wont open the course still even because its still that wet. Hell the range still isn't open!

Bummer about the weather. I’m on my way to Little Rock, for work, this morning and they have plenty of water issues there too.

I’m going to try squeeze 9 in before work on Thursday. First tee time is 6:40 and should be done between 8:00 and 8:15.

Bummer about the weather. I’m on my way to Little Rock, for work, this morning and they have plenty of water issues there too.

I’m going to try squeeze 9 in before work on Thursday. First tee time is 6:40 and should be done between 8:00 and 8:15.

Its coming down.....hopefully soon!

Its coming down.....hopefully soon!

Those pictures of 10 to 11 bridge were crazy!!!! When im there in August its going to be hard to believe it was up that high

SIAP...post-Masters video gives you a glimpse of Dan Murphy, CEO of Bridgestone Golf. I hope to meet Dan in July. Fingers crossed!

Just chatted with JDtox about this event for a while. It’s going to be so effing fun and really looking forward to that ball fitting. Interested to see those results

Just chatted with JDtox about this event for a while. It’s going to be so effing fun and really looking forward to that ball fitting. Interested to see those results

Get it dialed in Champ.............Come August its gonna be game on!

Did you do the online fitting? Did you have launch monitor data? What did the software recommend for you?

My online result is Tour B RX. FWIW, I think that's going to be the live test result too but let's see what the Bridgestone experts say.

Did you do the online fitting? Did you have launch monitor data? What did the software recommend for you?

My online result is Tour B RX. FWIW, I think that's going to be the live test result too but let's see what the Bridgestone experts say.

I’ve done the online fitting. Also got the RX. Curious to see if the live fitting matches or if they suggest something different

Back