2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

I feel that you and I could have wrote each other’s descriptions out, lol. Well except the putting and chipping part. I’m not very good at chipping and I’m not a bad putter but seeing the line, I really struggle. I’m actually a little terrified of Firestone’s greens, wont lie.

You’ll hear a sigh of relief from me every time I have someone on the same line as me but a little further.

Always good to have a preview. The greens should be fun. I don’t see many putts being left short haha

Always good to have a preview. The greens should be fun. I don’t see many putts being left short haha

I would guess the greens will be a bit faster and likely roll much better than what most of us are used to, especially with the wet spring some (or all) of us have had.

And Vortex, joking description aside, when my game does show up I’m pretty straight. My buddy jokingly calls me robo Hoosier when I get on a good roll with my driver. Normally a slight baby draw. Not that my earlier post wasn’t accurate, it just may have sounded worse than reality.

I would guess the greens will be a bit faster and likely roll much better than what most of us are used to, especially with the wet spring some (or all) of us have had.

And Vortex, joking description aside, when my game does show up I’m pretty straight. My buddy jokingly calls me robo Hoosier when I get on a good roll with my driver. Normally a slight baby draw. Not that my earlier post wasn’t accurate, it just may have sounded worse than reality.

No worries. We're all members of The HACKERS Paradise and we pay to golf. None of us earn a living via our golf scores.

By the way, are you a Hoosier (IU?). I'm a Boiler. :D

No worries. We're all members of The HACKERS Paradise and we pay to golf. None of us earn a living via our golf scores.

By the way, are you a Hoosier (IU?). I'm a Boiler. :D

I did go to IU South Bend for a bit but that’s not where my degree is from.

I am a Purdue fan, and two of my nieces and sister in law all graduated from Purdue so there’s that! I may have visited the campus a few times, I’m not sure I recall entirely, when I knew people down there. Triple x is good late night if I remember correctly. Either way it’s a small world for sure.

I did go to IU South Bend for a bit but that’s not where my degree is from.

I am a Purdue fan, and two of my nieces and sister in law all graduated from Purdue so there’s that! I may have visited the campus a few times, I’m not sure I recall entirely, when I knew people down there. Triple x is good late night if I remember correctly. Either way it’s a small world for sure.

I also struggle remembering a few of my visits to Harry's Chocolate Shop and Triple X. :bulgy-eyes: Good times.

Well my performance enhancer is a few beers and a cigar. My cap is too many beers. Usually play middle of the road but this year has been a struggle. Haven't broken 90 yet so my 15 is playing around 20... More rounds to come to determine where I'm at. Strengths have been short wedges and putts and 3w the fairway. Driver is getting close.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Well my performance enhancer is a few beers and a cigar. My cap is too many beers. Usually play middle of the road but this year has been a struggle. Haven't broken 90 yet so my 15 is playing around 20... More rounds to come to determine where I'm at. Strengths have been short wedges and putts and 3w the fairway. Driver is getting close.

My man!.....we r closeish. Let’s go play a bunch between now and then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My man!.....we r closeish. Let’s go play a bunch between now and then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good! Let me know when!

Played 9 today. Then hit the range for some iron work and the 3w/driver work. Still leaking a bit right (more of a push than anything else) but the distance is eye popping better than it was a month ago. Crazy what a little tweak will cause.

After the range I spent a good 45 minutes hitting from right lie pitch shots. 20-45yds. Note to the group. If you’re not used to really really tight lies (crazy short fairways that are sandy based) get ready.....cause Firestone fairways are puuuurrrrreeeeee beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was talking about this to a friend the other day, im so pumped

Played 9 today. Then hit the range for some iron work and the 3w/driver work. Still leaking a bit right (more of a push than anything else) but the distance is eye popping better than it was a month ago. Crazy what a little tweak will cause.

After the range I spent a good 45 minutes hitting from right lie pitch shots. 20-45yds. Note to the group. If you’re not used to really really tight lies (crazy short fairways that are sandy based) get ready.....cause Firestone fairways are puuuurrrrreeeeee beauty

Is that grip adjustment working out? Not sure I remember you leaking right....

Is that grip adjustment working out? Not sure I remember you leaking right....

That’s correct. The grip has changed ball flight to normal but I’m having some difficulty turning and rolling my wrists through the down swing. It’s not a huge miss not is it a slice. It’s really just a block that isn’t losing any distance.

That’s correct. The grip has changed ball flight to normal but I’m having some difficulty turning and rolling my wrists through the down swing. It’s not a huge miss not is it a slice. It’s really just a block that isn’t losing any distance.

You know my philosophy.... embrace the fade.... besides you always find the fairway so what does it matter...

You know my philosophy.... embrace the fade.... besides you always find the fairway so what does it matter...

Stemmy.....you’d look at this ball flight and wonder how it could have changed so much from Vegas. Literally nothing low and left. It’s glorious

One more month fellas. We'll be getting cleaned up after an awesome morning of golf and getting ready to head to dinner about this time. Excited to meet the Bridgestone crew, and some new THPers!

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Stemmy.....you’d look at this ball flight and wonder how it could have changed so much from Vegas. Literally nothing low and left. It’s glorious

Vegas was an anomaly... looking forward to following this amazing event... you have some time to iron out any residual kinks!

I like this!

Partner I need you to fix my swing! haha Did you do this on your own or lesson?

A bit of both my friend. I go to the point where I couldn’t figure it out in my own. Sometimes it’s best to just get out of your own way.

Trust me. I’ll keep ya calm. Just work on your putting and short game. As awesome as it would be to win this puppy.....that’s not what it’s all about. If we don’t have fun cause we lost....we did it all wrong

Trust me. I’ll keep ya calm. Just work on your putting and short game. As awesome as it would be to win this puppy.....that’s not what it’s all about. If we don’t have fun cause we lost....we did it all wrong

I'm going to soak it all in... Comaradarie and fun with a little competition!

What if at the VIP evening, the BIG CAT walked through the door?

I would be a blubbering idiot and make a giant fool of myself I’m sure

Massive stroke. Smiter croaks.

That would be what would happen, lol.

I’m not normally a fan boy but I will mention that he did walk right in front of me once like 20 years ago. I was with dad at the Memorial and I turned and asked him what he thought would happen if I’d have reached out to touch him. Dad said some of his 20 bodyguards woulda beat the hell out of me, hahaha. I pretty much knew that. Amazing how someone can be so much larger, until you actually know. Until I knew his actual physical stats I’d have sworn he was 6’3”, 220#, and actually built like a linebacker-except bigger somehow. This after him walking right in front of me.

Funny now, especially since I’m pretty sure @pkorf is built EXACTLY like that? If he doesn’t sack Baker in mini-camp I’ll be disappointed. Lol!

Doubt Tiger is playing John Deere so it's possible. That said; meeting Fred Couples ranks higher on my list.

Back