2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

I love how active this thread is, Can't wait for the live event!!!!

Got 9 holes in this afternoon with @OhioGolfer. Driver might have been the best it's ever been. If I can get that club working heading to Firestone, I'll be VERY happy. Wedges were a bit hot and cold. Hit a couple really good shots from about 50 yards with the 60* but the 56 has me a bit flustered. The ball seems to rocket off of it and I chipped a couple well past the hole.

Alt shot.... what else is needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Water is only in play for about 65% of the shots. :D

View attachment 39994

The hole right after that hole should provide some potential fireworks.....it’s #17, a par 3 amdddd yeaaaa......
ab61e03dc207c50623aa5b4609941dac.jpg

The hole right after that hole should provide some potential fireworks.....it’s #17, a par 3 amdddd yeaaaa......

Great hole to use the Tour B floater ball.

That hole looks like a lot of fun, and potentially a lot of drama down the stretch.

As if 17 the par three over the water is the only hole with fireworks... Feast your eyes on the gauntlet for July 13-14...

Catchy name is needed...
f168bff0dd6ef69f232f7a3d7bfdb3c4.jpg
8550118467c567afa859cfbc48cce181.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

You guys are going to LOVE the north course. It's nice you'll have at least Pkorf there to guide at least some of you through the course, not sure if anybody else attending the Bridgestone event has played there before. There are a couple of site lines from the tee that make it hard to pick out a safe line, but man, what a fine track it is. Looking foreward to following the event.

Man........this venue is so killer. So jelly

As if 17 the par three over the water is the only hole with fireworks... Feast your eyes on the gauntlet for July 13-14...

Catchy name is needed...
f168bff0dd6ef69f232f7a3d7bfdb3c4.jpg
8550118467c567afa859cfbc48cce181.jpg

Man I sure as hell hope I’m not fighting a slice when I get to 17 and 18. Yikes! That’ll get really ugly really quick.

Just noticed that 18 is a short par 5, talk about risk reward. How much of that lake do you want to take on? Hit it just right and if the 520 is measured by the yellow line uou could be hitting a mid or even short iron in.

Take off too much and splash! I think any team coming into 17 down 2 has a real chance. But the leading team finding the green on 17 would all but end it. I’d also like to play 18 leading by 1 and trailing by one. Play it smart once and go for broke once.

Just noticed that 18 is a short par 5, talk about risk reward. How much of that lake do you want to take on? Hit it just right and if the 520 is measured by the yellow line uou could be hitting a mid or even short iron in.

Take off too much and splash! I think any team coming into 17 down 2 has a real chance. But the leading team finding the green on 17 would all but end it. I’d also like to play 18 leading by 1 and trailing by one. Play it smart once and go for broke once.

You can play down 1 against us and I’ll be happy to let you play it up 1 against some other team.

Wondering though if we are going to be a stroke event. With 4 teams (plus the Bstone teams) it would be hard to do match play I think.

You can play down 1 against us and I’ll be happy to let you play it up 1 against some other team.

Wondering though if we are going to be a stroke event. With 4 teams (plus the Bstone teams) it would be hard to do match play I think.

Interesting thought... It could be cumulative points or just whoever beats a bstone team. Cumulative we could still have a winner regardless of format if someone smarter than me works out the handicaps. I’ll be interested to hear how its going to work but I doubt it will change how we play. We all want to win but we’ll all be cheering for good golf, based on following other events and I’m fully on board with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting thought... It could be cumulative points or just whoever beats a bstone team. Cumulative we could still have a winner regardless of format if someone smarter than me works out the handicaps. I’ll be interested to hear how its going to work but I doubt it will change how we play. We all want to win but we’ll all be cheering for good golf, based on following other events and I’m fully on board with that.

Yep. No matter what we play or how we play it’s going to be one heck of a weekend. Can’t wait to share it with you guys and bring it to everyone on the forum!

Just loaded up my Bridgestone Bag with all my stuff. It's much bigger and lighter than on initial inspection. Great bag and man that thing pops!

Update wedges just shipped tonight ...

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time....(Excitement building)

I’m sure this will change in the match as I’m super competitive, but right now winning is so far down the list of things I’m prioritizing right now it’s not even worth thinking about.

1. Fun

99. Fun

Fun and being a good ambassador of the THP website and Bridgestone golf are what I’m most looking forward to. Don’t think I’m going to cut your gear any slack though Bridgestone, lol. Honest reviewing is something that I love about THP.

Lol I think Smiter should just go for it in 2 every time.

Lol I think Smiter should just go for it in 2 every time.

I probably will. The only problem is I’ll likely be hitting 4 (or 6) on my second actual shot after dunking one (or 2).

I probably will. The only problem is I’ll likely be hitting 4 (or 6) on my second actual shot after dunking one (or 2).

Tin Cup style ....drop 11 hitting 12...

Tin Cup style ....drop 11 hitting 12...

Well, the wedges are performing.... playing today.... I am decidedly NOT performing. I’m +7 and still on the front nine. That’s with a birdie on the last hole. Distance control is crap, I’m hitting the ball great. But continue to fly greens putting myself in horrible position-no chance for up and down and lucky to even hold the green. I’m not sure what’s going on, usually I know exactly how far each iron is going to go and today they’re going 15 yards far. I also have lipped our 4 10-15 footers. Just can’t score to save my life.

8 and 9 will be key. They’re the 2 hardest holes on the course. I par them and I have a chance at an average round. Anything more and I’m screwed. But I’ve also shot a 29 once on the back after a front nine 44, so nothing’s of the table. Just going to take a club and a half less and hope for the best the rest of the round.

Well, the wedges are performing.... playing today.... I am decidedly NOT performing. I’m +7 and still on the front nine. That’s with a birdie on the last hole. Distance control is crap, I’m hitting the ball great. But continue to fly greens putting myself in horrible position-no chance for up and down and lucky to even hold the green. I’m not sure what’s going on, usually I know exactly how far each iron is going to go and today they’re going 15 yards far. I also have lipped our 4 10-15 footers. Just can’t score to save my life.

8 and 9 will be key. They’re the 2 hardest holes on the course. I par them and I have a chance at an average round. Anything more and I’m screwed. But I’ve also shot a 29 once on the back after a front nine 44, so nothing’s of the table. Just going to take a club and a half less and hope for the best the rest of the round.

8 over to 7 under might be the best turn around I've ever heard of in my life on back to back 9's.

I don't think there will be any "29 watches" at Firestone. I'll be pretty happy to keep it under 49 :beat-up:

Back