2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Congrats to everyone ! My man @SmiterofPv1x getting the call! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say this about the course. What the Championship South course has in history....the NORTH course makes up in difficulty. Water.....huge trees....elevation changes....long.....narrow....island green on 17 that is usuallyu into the wind and deoending on where its played from well over 140yds up to 195yds and not very deep.....

Theyve tossed the idea around over the years of playing a our event or a web event on the North. The pros and competition committee nixed it. Too tough lol.

Ohhhhh and be prepared to drop some coin not only in the tournament tent but the clubhouse proshop itself is always still open during tourney time. it’s huge

something tells me a name change is coming his way leading up to and after this event.....?

SmiterofTourBX? doesnt really roll of the tongue....haha

I will say this about the course. What the Championship South course has in history....the NORTH course makes up in difficulty. Water.....huge trees....elevation changes....long.....narrow....island green on 17 that is usuallyu into the wind and deoending on where its played from well over 140yds up to 195yds and not very deep.....

Theyve tossed the idea around over the years of playing a our event or a web event on the North. The pros and competition committee nixed it. Too tough lol.

Looking at the score card, which one you think we will play? I assume the whites at just shy of 6400 yards?

Pretty fine group of participants here, with the possibility of that one fellow that likes blue balls .

Congrats gentlemen!

Good old Two Gloves Paulie.

https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en-us/style/gloves/barricold-winter-gloves

These should do jusssssst fine.....
51NV7R-CA7L._SX425_.jpg

Looking at the score card, which one you think we will play? I assume the whites at just shy of 6400 yards?

Not sure. Id guess a mixture of tees maybe.

Thanks man! I can’t wait!

something tells me a name change is coming his way leading up to and after this event.....?

SmiterofTourBX? doesnt really roll of the tongue....haha

Right now it should be WeaklySwingsAtValueBalls, but I’ll try to get my game into shape for this! Back to the SuperSpeed sticks it is!

Right now it should be WeaklySwingsAtValueBalls, but I’ll try to get my game into shape for this! Back to the SuperSpeed sticks it is!

Superspeed? Six months ago you were hitting it further than Sadlowski. Don’t tell me #outingapproved is changing that

Superspeed? Six months ago you were hitting it further than Sadlowski. Don’t tell me #outingapproved is changing that

Nope! Just getting old, fat, and haven’t swung much lately. I’d be surprised if I hit 115 CHS in tomorrow’s get together. Hopefully someone will have one of those shot tracer thingies, ha. Actually I kind of am glad they won’t. I’ll have the speed back up in July though!

Never claimed to outdrive Sadlowski, I only stated that I hit it AS far as him:) (really never claimed that either). He’d probably outdrive me with his putter (no really if anyone hasn’t seen that) right now.

Nope! Just getting old, fat, and haven’t swung much lately. I’d be surprised if I hit 115 CHS in tomorrow’s get together. Hopefully someone will have one of those shot tracer thingies, ha. Actually I kind of am glad they won’t. I’ll have the speed back up in July though!

Never claimed to outdrive Sadlowski, I only stated that I hit it AS far as him:) (really never claimed that either). He’d probably outdrive me with his putter (no really if anyone hasn’t seen that) right now.
He can 3 putt from 300 yards just like I do from 25 ft

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Pretty fine group of participants here, with the possibility of that one fellow that likes blue balls .

Congrats gentlemen!

Might have to grab some e12 in red for this one ;)

Congrats to you all! Should be an incredible time.

Will, my dude, I'm stoked for you!

Thanks brother. Pretty pumped to get some swings at Firestone!

Congrats guys - this is going to be an awesome follow!

Wow!!! This Friday just turned into an amazing day. This event is going to be fantastic. Thank you THP and Bridgestone Golf.

I haven't checked the extra round thread thread yet but I'm in!

Congrats buddy!! Happy for you my man!

Bridgestone Championship is always amazing and this one is going to be fantastic! Congrats fellas.

Whoa. This is a development worth some deeper digging.
Not sure how or where I missed this but it should be a topic for discussion going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This would be a really cool weekend of fun.

Whoa. This is a development worth some deeper digging.
Not sure how or where I missed this but it should be a topic for discussion going forward.

Haha! Challenge issued and accepted:) I’ve got some work to do, I tried to drive the green on 12 at Shale yesterday in the get together, failed. 20ish yards short, but absolutely zero roll yesterday at all.

I did hit a couple whoppers, a couple WAY offline, and most somewhere in between. Started with the rights, then the lefts, then everywhere, lol.

Gotta get my golf game into some sort of shape. I did use Bridgestone Balls yesterday, was pretty impressed with the B RX. Seemed to fight the wind well and I was getting more distance than the ProV line with irons, pretty similar to the AVX, which for me so far is the gold standard. I’d have to play them in normal conditions to tell for sure, but I was really impressed with them. About the same distance as the AVX with a little more check. It was so soft yesterday that it’s hard to confirm that but I hit a few knockdowns that checked up nicely (and by knockdown, I mean I hit it a little thin unintentionally:))

Out playing today with this on my mind. Can’t wait to see the teams!

Out playing today with this on my mind. Can’t wait to see the teams!

Had the pleasure of getting to meet akron09 and Smiter this weekend. Had a blast and I am sure they will both be a great addition to this event!

Back