2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

If @JB booked at the doubletree then I would recommend everyone stay at one of these hotels....

Right next door to where JB is staying apprently
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/o...1XX2OLA3DA4Aff5Aff6MULTIBR7_138624670_2454844

Same hotel as JB
https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/h...ilton-hotel-akron-fairlawn-CAKFLDT/index.html

This one is within walking distance to a bunch of bars etc.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...96febe2&aff=MARUS&affname=10l1110&co=US&nt=PH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I can't stress enough how fast the hotels are filling up. Two of my gotos were filled unless I wanted the Diamond Guarantee, which costs a bit more. Or booking further away, and nobody wants that.

I should note that there are a bunch of other great options but to make it easy on everyone id say one of these three and book it today. If people want.....I. An book 3 rooms at the Courtyard ASAP.

Screw it I’ll just book them in case

If @JB booked at the doubletree then I would recommend everyone stay at one of these hotels....

Right next door to where JB is staying apprently
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/o...1XX2OLA3DA4Aff5Aff6MULTIBR7_138624670_2454844

Same hotel as JB
https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/h...ilton-hotel-akron-fairlawn-CAKFLDT/index.html

This one is within walking distance to a bunch of bars etc.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...96febe2&aff=MARUS&affname=10l1110&co=US&nt=PH

I am still working on dinners, but I am trying to book them downtown so people are free to check over there for hotels.

I am still working on dinners, but I am trying to book them downtown so people are free to check over there for hotels.

If that’s the case that courtyard is by far the best option

Nothing is set in stone yet, but based on your recommendations that area seemed best for restaurants and everyone being able to walk places. I am hoping to have all that locked down by the end of the week.

If that’s the case that courtyard is by far the best option

I should note that there are a bunch of other great options but to make it easy on everyone id say one of these three and book it today. If people want.....I. An book 3 rooms at the Courtyard ASAP.

Screw it I’ll just book them in case

I'm good with that one. Happy to split a room with you or whoever else.. Can figure that out in the travel thread.

Going to need some consensus. I can reserve threee rooms all 2 queens at the courtyard downtown for $157 which is $20 less per night but I HAVE TO PREPAY.....the non prepay rate is $185.....

I'm good with that one. Happy to split a room with you or whoever else.. Can figure that out in the travel thread.

Ok you and I are in one room! Just need to know when you’re getting in and when you’re planning on leaving....

Next.....lol

Going to need some consensus. I can reserve threee rooms all 2 queens at the courtyard downtown for $157 which is $20 less per night but I HAVE TO PREPAY.....the non prepay rate is $185.....

I'll take one room. @Pete379 and I talked about splitting a room. Randy, please confirm if this still works for you.

Arrival: Thursday, 7/11. Departure: Sunday, 7/14.

I'm in, let me know where to send money. I'll roll in whenever people want to golf, probably the 11th and head out Sunday night most likely.

I will be commuting given close proximity.

I will be commuting given close proximity.

Hope it’s like....really close. Unless you’re not an adult beverage drinker which is totally fine!

I need to figure out travel dates hopefully tonight then will know what nights staying. Thinking I am flying in early Thursday and can leave late Sunday night or Monday

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'll take one room. @Pete379 and I talked about splitting a room. Randy, please confirm if this still works for you.

Arrival: Thursday, 7/11. Departure: Sunday, 7/14.

Im in!!!!

Working with the team there, I can say that this is going to be a blast.
Swag overload for sure...And we may have some surprises up our sleeves.

Can’t wait to see what’s in store. It’s already been fun trying to come up with ideas for the wedge stamping. Swag will be awesome as always I’m sure and who doesn’t love surprises?

I don’t mind surprises. Especially THP surprises.....they’re usually insane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m in a very Bridgestoney kinda mood tonight.

To the community and my fellow participants.....if you were to win this event....

What irons and woods would you choose???? Annnnd why?

Other than the Bridgestone balls, I’ve never owned anything else from their lineup but have always liked the look and sight lines I’ve seen. Help a brother out....!!!!

For everyone’s viewing pleasure....
ad96ecac92f12407b2c40d2f09f61e19.jpg

d74fd2e9d839c3508615f0da86d74f88.jpg

JB's surprises never disappoint!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

To the community and my fellow participants.....if you were to win this event....

What irons and woods would you choose???? Annnnd why?

Other than the Bridgestone balls, I’ve never owned anything else from their lineup but have always liked the look and sight lines I’ve seen. Help a brother out....!!!!

I'm always up for playing this game.

Driver: Tour B XD-3. Looking at the website it seems like this is the most neutral setup driver. I prefer not to have draw bias for sure.
Fairway: Tour B JGR. It sounds like it's pretty forgiving and a high launcher which I can use in that area.
Irons: Tour B X-CB. Forged, should be relatively playable and they look sexy as hell.

The J40 DPC are still one of my favorite irons ever and are what brought me to THP so I'll be following this one closely.

I'll play

Tour B XD driver
Tour B fairway
JGR hybrid
HF 2 irons

Mainly just based on looks and what I feel would suit my game as I haven't had the chance to hit any of them yet, but look forward to doing so in the coming weeks/months.

Back