Cut Blue DC Golf Balls

That is interesting. I have now played this ball enough, including hitting this ball and a Pro V1X off the tee with driver to know that it is at least 10 yards shorter on average for me. I don’t have a launch monitor, so don’t know the spin numbers relative to each other, but my guess has been that the spin must be the underlying reason. If I could get the same distance out of this ball as my normal gamers with driver, I could easily have it in my bag permanently. In every other aspect, it is a great ball. I haven’t even seen the durability issues some other reviewers are reporting.

I saw 10 yards less with the DC off the Driver. Actually I got good distances off my irons, almost a full club longer. With my irons being low spinners, the extra spin from the Ball might account for that. I could tell that the ball had spin on because the ball would jump to one side or the other after the first bounce. Yesterday, I didn’t have any durability issues with the DC.

Well this explains the Driver spin:
44165f7eb5529418b1b6c41a813d65a7.jpg

Well this explains the Driver spin:
44165f7eb5529418b1b6c41a813d65a7.jpg

450 rpms of spin wouldn’t create huge distance differences though. Something else is going on if people are seeing tremendous distance issues.

Balls are now on sale:
6071beaa6548965d8bca2f96180f286c.jpg

450 rpms of spin wouldn’t create huge distance differences though. Something else is going on if people are seeing tremendous distance issues.

@JB, you know a lot more about these things than I do. If several of us reviewers are seeing significant distance loss off of driver, but not off of irons, to what would you attribute it? I am baffled on it.

@JB, you know a lot more about these things than I do. If several of us reviewers are seeing significant distance loss off of driver, but not off of irons, to what would you attribute it? I am baffled on it.

Not sure. Could be anything from impact to fitting. If it was everybody across the board it would be easier to diagnose I guess.

I noticed more movement off of my clubs more than distance issues. I never get my ball to move left like this ball does.

Looking forward to more reviews guys.

JB;n8881099 said:
Looking forward to more reviews guys.

As luck would have it, I used the Cut Blue DC last night as a part of my OLYSS testing. I saw an increased driver spin rate of ~200 to 300 rpms, which was way lower than I expected to see based on my other times using it.

Reactions: JB
I am not sure how much more I can add, having written several times regarding my impressions and thoughts. Are there some questions that anyone has regarding this ball?

Tenputt;n8881153 said:
I am not sure how much more I can add, having written several times regarding my impressions and thoughts. Are there some questions that anyone has regarding this ball?

You have done really well so far.

Do you think it’s a ball you will use again?

JB;n8881158 said:
You have done really well so far.

Do you think it’s a ball you will use again?

I do not think I will use it again, because a 15 yard difference off of driver is too significant and the ball that I normally play, hit side by side with the Cub Blue DC, is definitely 15 yards longer on average with driver. With everything else, iron play, short game, putting and durability, the Cut Blue DC is equal to what I play and, with respect to short game, even superior.

I wish I had ready access to a launch monitor that records spin, because I still suspect that higher spin is the reason for the reduced driver distance. I also think that somebody who needs a little spin would fall in love with this ball.

I also have appreciated the opportunity to be one of the testers. I truly enjoyed the experience.

Tenputt;n8881205 said:
I do not think I will use it again, because a 15 yard difference off of driver is too significant and the ball that I normally play, hit side by side with the Cub Blue DC, is definitely 15 yards longer on average with driver. With everything else, iron play, short game, putting and durability, the Cut Blue DC is equal to what I play and, with respect to short game, even superior.

I wish I had ready access to a launch monitor that records spin, because I still suspect that higher spin is the reason for the reduced driver distance. I also think that somebody who needs a little spin would fall in love with this ball.

I also have appreciated the opportunity to be one of the testers. I truly enjoyed the experience.

The reason I grabbed the Blue DC last night was to get an increased spin number off the driver. It definitely went up, make no mistake, but it was less than I previous times with different driver heads.

So I just saw a review done by TXG on this ball. They matched the Cut Blue DC up against the Z-Star XV and it was almost identical in spin and distance on Wedge, 6 iron and Driver.
I just kinda of shaked my head based on the feedback given here and Cut's own advertising showing more spin on certain clubs.

Iceman!;n8883050 said:
So I just saw a review done by TXG on this ball. They matched the Cut Blue DC up against the Z-Star XV and it was almost identical in spin and distance on Wedge, 6 iron and Driver.
I just kinda of shaked my head based on the feedback given here and Cut's own advertising showing more spin on certain clubs.

I’m surprised by this too but I can test it’s findings easily and report back.

So I put these into play again today with much better results.
Not nearly as "Spinny" off the tee of past rounds.
I will say without a doubt it's 10 yards shorter for me off the tee.
I played with someone today that I normal outdrive or equal to distancewize off the tee.
I was consistently 10 yards short of him today.
Even pulled out a 2019 Pro V1X and did a test off the tee. The V1X was longer.

Irons, wedges and putter seemed just fine.
Did have a chip in 10 yards off the green.
Ball seemed to hold up well, No gashes or scuffs of any kind.

Iceman!;n8888918 said:
So I put these into play again today with much better results.
Not nearly as "Spinny" off the tee of past rounds.
I will say without a doubt it's 10 yards shorter for me off the tee.
I played with someone today that I normal outdrive or equal to distancewize off the tee.
I was consistently 10 yards short of him today.
Even pulled out a 2019 Pro V1X and did a test off the tee. The V1X was longer.

Irons, wedges and putter seemed just fine.
Did have a chip in 10 yards off the green.
Ball seemed to hold up well, No gashes or scuffs of any kind.

It still seems that the prevailing feeling amongst THP testers is that it is a ball that performs well in every area, except that it seems to come up a little short with driver.

Iceman!;n8883050 said:

Exactly how can you review a ball that has pretty important aerodynamic characteristic dimple pattern by hitting it into a screen?

I had a sleeve of the Cut Blue and they didn't last a round. Cover was a complete mess after half dozen wedge shots. Get what you pay for.

I just played 3 holes with one of these and enjoyed it way more than I remember.

While I didn’t play the Cut Blue DC I did put into play the regular Cut Blue, not sure if cover material is the same but I had no issues with durability. The cover felt very “tacky” and did get dirty quick but nothing water and a towel didn’t clean up. I saw some good action on approach shots into the green. Ball landing not too far from the pitch mark. Off the tee the ball performed extremely well. I’m pretty excited and shocked that these balls performed the way they did. Maybe a touch on the “firmer” side in the feel department off the putter but nothing crazy. I’ve been playing the 2020 Bstone BX-S and yes it does feel firmer compared to that but for 1/2 the price I think it was fantastic. This may be my gamer moving forward for most rounds, sprinkling the BXS in on occasion.

Thread Bump for @obedt

Thanks for these my friend. Will probably try and get some chipping and putting over the next couple of days. No golf for a while, but that doesn't mean no golf talk :)

Back