Ben Hogan GS53 Driver and Fairway Woods

I’m super impressed with the price point on these too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah! Those fairways look very nice. If they are low profile, the head must be pretty compact as in the pictures, the face looks pretty deep. Looking forward to some thoughts on the performance. Oh, and those are some really nice shaft offerings considering the price point.

I'm getting kind of a Adams golf vibe from the driver and I like it. I'm really intrigued by the small driver head. It's something I've thought about for several years and wondered why no one else was doing it. Smaller head, less weight, less drag, more speed. Not sure if that's how it works but seems to make sense to me. Also I hit the ball all over the driver face but don't do the same with a 3 wood. I don't think its just the longer shaft, the bigger the face the bigger the miss seems to be the trend with me.

I for sure will. Need to be able to give some feedback of my own as well as some from what I’m seeing the boys do. Hopefully someone plays an X flex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:thumb: I got you!

Look forward to reading updates on performance. Great price point and shaft options right off the bat. Got 3 of the most important & popular OEM options right off the bat.

I love seeing Ben Hogan with a full lineup now. I'm really surprised they were able to bring the driver in at thatb price and still provide the adjustability. I can wait to see the feedback from the participants coming up here!

That 4-wood warms my heart.

Those are some nice looking clubs, and the price points will make them very attractive to buyers.

As someone who's currently 5 wood challenged, the price has me in full ponder mode.

Oh, sure ... drop a Driver that sits between the new TM "Mini" @275cc and standard "Volkswagen on a stick" at 460cc. And has more adjustment than the Mini, so you're getting the best of both. I think there may be an addition if I hit a scratch off for a few Franklins in the next month or so. Or even if I clean out my buddies on this weekends trip. Might need a few double downs and lot's of skins, though...

Also- did you watch the Video at Benhogangolf.com? I wouldn't be surprised if they're bringing out balls in the semi near future. Unless they were using some old Hogan 392's reprinted using the new Logo.

Really like the looks of the driver and fairway. Price is super attractive too. Shaft offerings cover a wide range too.

I'm really curious to get to hit these and see what is what. If they deliver on the claims, at the price point they're hitting, it could be yet another feather int heir cap for what appears to finally be a truly working business model.

Oh, sure ... drop a Driver that sits between the new TM "Mini" @275cc and standard "Volkswagen on a stick" at 460cc. And has more adjustment than the Mini, so you're getting the best of both. I think there may be an addition if I hit a scratch off for a few Franklins in the next month or so. Or even if I clean out my buddies on this weekends trip. Might need a few double downs and lot's of skins, though...

Also- did you watch the Video at Benhogangolf.com? I wouldn't be surprised if they're bringing out balls in the semi near future. Unless they were using some old Hogan 392's reprinted using the new Logo.

Where on the site is the video?

Edit: I found it, its on the bottom of the Driver page, and yeah I saw the Ben Hogan logoed balls, said Apex Tour

I did see that vdeo and the balls were certainly an eye opener

@JB , do you have any information on the lie range for the FWs that their website shows? For example, the 3 wood shows the lie angle ranging from 57.5* - 59.5*. I am guessing maybe it is stock at 58.5* but they can adjust it at the factory +/- 1*.

@JB , do you have any information on the lie range for the FWs that their website shows? For example, the 3 wood shows the lie angle ranging from 57.5* - 59.5*. I am guessing maybe it is stock at 58.5* but they can adjust it at the factory +/- 1*.

That is correct from what I learned.

Is there any future testing planned? Love the fact that the driver is a bit smaller. Love the look of the fairway. Would love to hear how it compares to the big OEM's in terms of performance. I am sure as these start finding their way into the bags of THP members, that info should start coming in.

Is there any future testing planned? Love the fact that the driver is a bit smaller. Love the look of the fairway. Would love to hear how it compares to the big OEM's in terms of performance. I am sure as these start finding their way into the bags of THP members, that info should start coming in.

Of course. There is a THP Event coming up in a few weeks where everybody gets one, so reviews will be flying in.
From there we have a few more pieces of content coming up with the company on some performance.

Of course. There is a THP Event coming up in a few weeks where everybody gets one, so reviews will be flying in.
From there we have a few more pieces of content coming up with the company on some performance.

Lol. I completely gapped out the upcoming Ben Hogan event when I typed that out. There will be a lot of info incoming sooner than later. What can I say, it's Monday. :embarrassed:

Lol. I completely gapped out the upcoming Ben Hogan event when I typed that out. There will be a lot of info incoming sooner than later. What can I say, it's Monday. :embarrassed:

Hahah. It happens to the best of us. The good news is reviews straight from THPers are always fun to read and filled with solid info.

I'm blown away by how good these look. I've been super impressed by everything Ben Hogan is doing lately. Really hope this takes off for them.

Great write-up JB. The entire lineup looks solid and the price is certainly competitive. Looking forward to see how the clubs performs. Hogan is coming back with a bang, er thwack!

I opened up the story on the home page and heard myself say out loud. Oh Sh--t. Sweet looking driver and FW's. Cannot wait to hear how they work. This is the pricepoint I think I want to be in.
After going onto the site to learn more I am even more excited. Hogan has a complete line of quality clubs. I am pumped about this. Love classic products like this.

Last edited:
Back