Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So-so day with the GS53' started the first two holes great. First swing felt amazing, drive up, and it's 5' off the green(276yd), 2nd hole (315yds) leaving 105 out. The remaining driver friendly holes(5,6,8,10) were not great, as I was having a hard time getting the club face closed(which I believe is 90% of the issue I'm having with this club). 12 was good, 13 & 17 was not good. Always good to finish on a good hole, 18 was a great drive. Nice straight and long, leaving me 170 out. Overall, nothing to write home about, but not upset enough to go back to the Cleveland yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    2018 Cleveland Game Changer w/Jamie Sadlowski
    2019 Ben Hogan Experience

WITB & currently reviewing:
    Ben Hogan Experience Full bag
    Driver: Hogan GS53: Project X Smoke
    3 Wood: Hogan GS53: Project X Smoke
    18* Driving Iron: DG X100
    22* VKTR Hybrid: Recoil F5
    5-PW PTX Pros: DG X100
    Wedges Black Equalizer: 50/54/58
    Putter: BHM01 Mallet

Comment

• 7 of 11 fairways today with the GS53 driver. Hit a couple of late massive hooks when I was beat down by the heat and my swing turned to trash. Hit my longest drives ever on 2 holes earlier in the round.
      Driver: GS53 10.5 w/ Accra TZ6
      FWs: GS53 3W & 5W w/ Helium 5F4
      Hybrid:
      VKTR 22* w/ iRoD 75
      Irons: PTx Pro 5 - PW w/ Recoil 780 ES SW
      Wedges: Equalizer 50, 54, 58 w/ Recoil 780 ES SW
      Putter: BHB03
      Ball: B330-RX / Tour B RX

Comment

• Driver was great once again today, I have so much confidence standing on the tee box with this club. The 3 wood was great off the fairway on the 2 shots I hit but for some reason I hit 2 really bad shots off the tee with it. First one was a horrible swing where I popped it up and the second one was a topped ball that went about 100 yards. Hadn't really done that with the 3 wood so I'm sure it was a fluke day with it.
        2019 Participant in Ben Hogan Experience!
        2018 Participant in Ultimate Testing with Titleist!
        Proud member of Shaft Up #1 and Shaft Up Finale with UST Mamiya

Driver-
        TS2 Evenflow White
        3 Wood- TS2 Evenflow White
        Hybrid- XR
        4-PW- 565 Recoil F4 110
        50/54/58- RTX-3 Recoil F4 125
        Putter- Bettinardi

Comment

• I'm currently writing my review on the GS53 driver, and wanted to share something.

I've documented in here what I was seeing with the 10.5/Tensei Blue S combo which admittedly isn't the best fit shaft wise for me, and it was higher spin than I anticipated. Well, one of my absolutes when writing a review that includes data is at the VERY end, I go out and put it on the LM again, and I did that today with this.

Avgs: 157,11.5, 2546, 32Y

Had to adjust myself a bit and never truly "got after it" today because of the setup, but this was MUCH more what I expected spin wise after reading/following this thread.

Looking forward to you all reading the review.
          WITB:
          TaylorMade
          - M6 9.0 -
          UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
          TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
          PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
          Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
          Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
          SWAG
          - Tour Proto Savage Too -
          Center-Shaft 373g
          Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman View Post
            I'm currently writing my review on the GS53 driver, and wanted to share something.

I've documented in here what I was seeing with the 10.5/Tensei Blue S combo which admittedly isn't the best fit shaft wise for me, and it was higher spin than I anticipated. Well, one of my absolutes when writing a review that includes data is at the VERY end, I go out and put it on the LM again, and I did that today with this.

Avgs: 157,11.5, 2546, 32Y

Had to adjust myself a bit and never truly "got after it" today because of the setup, but this was MUCH more what I expected spin wise after reading/following this thread.

Looking forward to you all reading the review.
            Have you tried any other shaft combo?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2019 Participant in Ben Hogan Experience!
            2018 Participant in Ultimate Testing with Titleist!
            Proud member of Shaft Up #1 and Shaft Up Finale with UST Mamiya

Driver-
            TS2 Evenflow White
            3 Wood- TS2 Evenflow White
            Hybrid- XR
            4-PW- 565 Recoil F4 110
            50/54/58- RTX-3 Recoil F4 125
            Putter- Bettinardi

Comment

• Played the Hogan paired with a UST v2 Counterbalance the last 2 days and the results were really impressive. I struggle with a pretty good slice and my old driver (M3) seemed to take a bad swing and make it worse. After a little setup adjustment from Danny, he had me hit the Hogan and it was good. Really good.

The Trackman numbers on the better hits were: Launch 12-15, ball speed of around 155, spin 2400-3000, carry 265, total 280/5
              The Hogan drastically cut spin, as I was around 4000/4500 with the bad ones with the M3.

On the course it really shined. I only lost one ball OB to the right all weekend. Most of my drives had a nice fade, and plenty of distance. I got Danny a couple times which I think even surprised him. The very last hole of the trip had a creek at about 290 and my drive was about 3 yards from being wet. The mishits over the trip still had plenty of distance as well and weren't near as far offline as the M3. I'm really looking forward to getting more time with this club/shaft combo as I feel it could really help my game a ton. I know a lot of people aren't in a rush to go out and hit the driver because it's not a huge brand, but I came away really impressed. It sounds amazing, looks great, and I'm happy to game it going forward.
              In my Cirrus stand bag:

Driver: GS53 9* ( v2 CB 7F5)
              Wood: XD 3w/5w ( Proforce v2)
              Irons: JGR HF 2 (Modus3 Tour 105 stiff)
              Wedge: XW-1 52*/56*/60* (Modus3 Tour 105 stiff)
              Putter: Huntington Beach 6
              Ball: Tour B RX

2019 THP Bridgestone Championship @Firestone CC
              2019 Shaft Up #3 with @Olympia Fields CC

Comment

• Originally posted by OhioGolfer View Post
                Have you tried any other shaft combo?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
                Nope, just the setup I got for review.

Plus as a new adapter I definitely donít have any laying around haha.
                WITB:
                TaylorMade
                - M6 9.0 -
                UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
                TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
                PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
                Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
                Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
                SWAG
                - Tour Proto Savage Too -
                Center-Shaft 373g
                Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerdy_81 View Post
                  Played the Hogan paired with a UST v2 Counterbalance the last 2 days and the results were really impressive. I struggle with a pretty good slice and my old driver (M3) seemed to take a bad swing and make it worse. After a little setup adjustment from Danny, he had me hit the Hogan and it was good. Really good.

The Trackman numbers on the better hits were: Launch 12-15, ball speed of around 155, spin 2400-3000, carry 265, total 280/5
                  The Hogan drastically cut spin, as I was around 4000/4500 with the bad ones with the M3.

On the course it really shined. I only lost one ball OB to the right all weekend. Most of my drives had a nice fade, and plenty of distance. I got Danny a couple times which I think even surprised him. The very last hole of the trip had a creek at about 290 and my drive was about 3 yards from being wet. The mishits over the trip still had plenty of distance as well and weren't near as far offline as the M3. I'm really looking forward to getting more time with this club/shaft combo as I feel it could really help my game a ton. I know a lot of people aren't in a rush to go out and hit the driver because it's not a huge brand, but I came away really impressed. It sounds amazing, looks great, and I'm happy to game it going forward.
                  It was impressive to watch. My game did not travel well with the exhaustion and lack of playing, but watching the difference for you and DMoney with the changes was just awesome. You hit a bomb on 18 on the South Course that still might not have landed.
                  In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
                  Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
                  Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
                  Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
                  Fairway Wood:
                  5 Wood
                  Hybrids: Launcher HB
                  Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
                  Wedges:
                  CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
                  Putter: EXO Stroke Lab Marxman
                  Balls:
                  Chrome Soft X

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post

It was impressive to watch. My game did not travel well with the exhaustion and lack of playing, but watching the difference for you and DMoney with the changes was just awesome. You hit a bomb on 18 on the South Course that still might not have landed.
                    You played better than you give yourself credit for. The change for DMoney was really incredible. The shots he hit on the range with his old driver compared to what he did on the course was jaw dropping.
                    In my Cirrus stand bag:

Driver: GS53 9* ( v2 CB 7F5)
                    Wood: XD 3w/5w ( Proforce v2)
                    Irons: JGR HF 2 (Modus3 Tour 105 stiff)
                    Wedge: XW-1 52*/56*/60* (Modus3 Tour 105 stiff)
                    Putter: Huntington Beach 6
                    Ball: Tour B RX

2019 THP Bridgestone Championship @Firestone CC

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerdy_81 View Post
                      Played the Hogan paired with a UST v2 Counterbalance the last 2 days and the results were really impressive. I struggle with a pretty good slice and my old driver (M3) seemed to take a bad swing and make it worse. After a little setup adjustment from Danny, he had me hit the Hogan and it was good. Really good.

I have this shaft coming (10 grams lighter and 1 flex softer) and think I will have to try it in the GS53 driver head before taking it to the 5 wood as I had initially intended. I like the head/shaft combo with the UST Helium that I ordered stock with the driver but it never hurts to try different combos to see if they show improvement. My old arse will never see 265 carry or 287 without a huge tail wind but am always looking to maximize those numbers for my swing.
                      Driver: GS53 10.5 w/ Accra TZ6
                      FWs: GS53 3W & 5W w/ Helium 5F4
                      Hybrid:
                      VKTR 22* w/ iRoD 75
                      Irons: PTx Pro 5 - PW w/ Recoil 780 ES SW
                      Wedges: Equalizer 50, 54, 58 w/ Recoil 780 ES SW
                      Putter: BHB03
                      Ball: B330-RX / Tour B RX

Comment

• My Hogan was paired with the UST V2 Black 7F5. My gamer was a Cobra F9 w/UST Attas Punch and like Nerdy, my ShaftUp teammate, my miss is high right and then right of right.

Danny worked quickly changing my setup alike Nerdy also my shoulders were open causing me to cut right across the ball. Danny noticed this immediately and adjusted us accordingly and we started hitting some drives on the range. I decidedly nervous and this showed on the range as I was not swinging my best.

As we ventured out on the beautiful Olympia Fields North course which is amazing by the way if you didnít follow along your loss because it is stunning hole after stunning hole! I started getting use to the driver about 6 holes in and it started to shine!

I believe it was 6 or 7 and it was tight par 4 tree lined and I hit a beautiful little 5 yard fade about 275yd buttoned! The first thing I notice with this driver as has been stated over and over is the sound. It just enforces that you just crushed it, itís pleasing and you know you middles it! I hit a number of these and it got better and better as we went along.

I will share more as the my experience grows with this sick combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Spoiler
                        stand bag
                        DRIVER- F9 10.5*/ Attas PUNCH 6S
                        MINI- Original One 13.5*/ Diamana 7S
                        WOOD- M6 15*/ Tensei Orange 7S
                        HYBRIDS- U85 3/ DG120/X100
                        IRONS- 785 4-9/ DGTI/X100
                        WEDGE-:Cleveland: RTX4 46*, 52*, & 58*/DGS400
                        PUTTER- SquareBack Select Custom or Double Wide
                        BALL- ZStar yella plz
                        RF- Tour V3 and Garmin G80 Approach

Comment

• Hit some balls in the backyard and my contact is moving from heel to middle. As everyone has said already heel contact is very forgiving and over the past two days I wore the heel out but some changes that Danny gave me this is what Iím seeing now. I have yet to test the toe but give me some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Spoiler
                          stand bag
                          DRIVER- F9 10.5*/ Attas PUNCH 6S
                          MINI- Original One 13.5*/ Diamana 7S
                          WOOD- M6 15*/ Tensei Orange 7S
                          HYBRIDS- U85 3/ DG120/X100
                          IRONS- 785 4-9/ DGTI/X100
                          WEDGE-:Cleveland: RTX4 46*, 52*, & 58*/DGS400
                          PUTTER- SquareBack Select Custom or Double Wide
                          BALL- ZStar yella plz
                          RF- Tour V3 and Garmin G80 Approach

Comment

• After some initial struggles with the GS53, the last several rounds have been great. I did make some setup adjustments, and combined with getting my factory HZRDUS Smoke back. I had an issue after I got back with my factory shaft. Either the epoxy broke loose in the adapter or the ferrule slipped. Regardless, I was without the ProjectX for several weeks. I improvised with with my Aldila Rogue 130MSI. Apparently, not a great combo but it was all I had to work with. The numbers and results were atrocious. My confidence is building with it now. I'm hitting longer, straighter shots than I have hit with this driver to date. I now have multiple 300yd drives with it. Proving it's probably not going to be on the LD tour, but is capable of hanging with any production driver on the market. I still struggle with the occasional off-center hits, however with the new shaft center of face hits are more what I've come to expect. Overall, it might just be a keeper after all!
                            2018 Cleveland Game Changer w/Jamie Sadlowski

WITB & currently reviewing:
                            Ben Hogan Experience Full bag
                            Driver: Hogan GS53: Project X Smoke
                            3 Wood: Hogan GS53: Project X Smoke
                            18* Driving Iron: DG X100
                            22* VKTR Hybrid: Recoil F5
                            5-PW PTX Pros: DG X100
                            Wedges Black Equalizer: 50/54/58
                            Putter: BHM01 Mallet

Comment

• Originally posted by Qwkz51 View Post
                              After some initial struggles with the GS53, the last several rounds have been great. I did make some setup adjustments, and combined with getting my factory HZRDUS Smoke back. I had an issue after I got back with my factory shaft. Either the epoxy broke loose in the adapter or the ferrule slipped. Regardless, I was without the ProjectX for several weeks. I improvised with with my Aldila Rogue 130MSI. Apparently, not a great combo but it was all I had to work with. The numbers and results were atrocious. My confidence is building with it now. I'm hitting longer, straighter shots than I have hit with this driver to date. I now have multiple 300yd drives with it. Proving it's probably not going to be on the LD tour, but is capable of hanging with any production driver on the market. I still struggle with the occasional off-center hits, however with the new shaft center of face hits are more what I've come to expect. Overall, it might just be a keeper after all!
                              We need to get back and play Wildcat again. Youíd destroy that course if you keep it in bounds

GS53 10.5* - Helium
                              GS53 4w - Smoke
                              CB1 7w - Red Tie
                              Edge 5-P - 90
                              Equalizer 48*, 53*, 58*, 62* Tour V
                              BHB02
                              Tour B RX

Comment

• Had the absolute best driving round of my life today! Iíve settled in so much and have complete confidence in this driver (the Lin-Q shaft has a lot to do with that too haha)... bu other than 2 holes where I hit my driving iron, I hit 12 of 13 fairways today with the Hogan and averaged 283.7 yds according to Arrcos. Shortest drive was a low heel miss that still went 262

since selling the M5 my confidence with this club is through the roof. Thereís no point on me looking for another driver/shaft combo for years. Iíve had more 300 yard drives the last 2 months then probably my whole life up til then

Certain holes on my home courses i used to play it safe off the tee. Now i pull driver and expect to find the fairway every time
                                Hogan GS53 10.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q 6F5
                                TM M6 3w 15* UST Mamiya LIN-Q 7F5
                                TM M6 5w 19* GD AD IZ 7tx
                                New Level 4995 UT 2i LA Golf Altus Black Tie 105x
                                Sub 70 639 CB 4 - 6 Project X 6.5
                                Sub 70 639 MB 7 - P Project X 6.5
                                Cleveland RTX 4 52*, 58* PX 7.0 Black
                                2019 Bettinardi Queen B#6

1) Bridgestone B XS 2) Bridgestone B X

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X