Ben Hogan GS53 Driver and Fairway Woods

Hello beautiful! Just arrived about 30 minutes ago, preferred grip already installed and the all-Hogan bag is now complete.

5e8bae331212067da055237b18e0449c.jpg
e88e9f45f4c92e921e747157a6a9b444.jpg

Hello beautiful! Just arrived about 30 minutes ago, preferred grip already installed and the all-Hogan bag is now complete.

Sweet love the logo on top just order the demo to of this and the 4wd to see how they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet love the logo on top just order the demo to of this and the 4wd to see how they do

Based on my experienced with the fairway wood over the last couple of weeks, I think you will love them!

You have a little bit of daylight left, get that bad boy on the course!

You have a little bit of daylight left, get that bad boy on the course!
Haha. I was tempted to blow the grip on and do just that but decided to be patient and do it the right way. It was quite difficult but I was strong! Lol

Haha. I was tempted to blow the grip on and do just that but decided to be patient and do it the right way. It was quite difficult but I was strong! Lol

Damn I had a feeling you were going to give us a sneak peak with some live action!!!

Damn I had a feeling you were going to give us a sneak peak with some live action!!!

I may just get a little video tomorrow although I don't think anyone paid attention to the one I did for the FWs. Lol

I may just get a little video tomorrow although I don't think anyone paid attention to the one I did for the FWs. Lol

I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t watch the last one! Look forward to it tomorrow... must have patience...

Looking forward to your feedback.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Picture below show my first shot ever with the GS53 driver. I am not a range guy so it was straight to the 1st tee with it. Tees were back so hole was playing a little over 400 and the 150 marker you see in the picture if pretty much dead center of the fairway.
78ab6820a7f3a2971d2779a08060a392.jpg

Video of 2 drives I hit today. First one ws tugged a little left and the 2nd one was very well struck with a slight draw.

[video=youtube;OeM-AA8w4fE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeM-AA8w4fE[/video]

Initial impressions of the driver today were very positive. I am overreact, good or bad, over the frist couple of rounds I play with a new club. It typically takes me a couple of rounds to really get comfortable with a club.

Distance I would say was good. As long as either of the other drivers I have (Tour Edge Exotics EXS and Callaway Epic). I don't think this will ever be the longest driver on the market but I am not a bomber of the ball anyways so I am fine with that.

Sound was solid. Judge for yourself in the video I posted above.

Dispersion was very good. Very little wondering from the intended flight path. I would put this right there with the EXS in ability to hit controlled drives.

Forgiveness I thought was very good. Mishits seemed to be a little less penal from a distance perspecitve as compared to my other drivers.

I believe what I will see in the end after I get it dialed in to my swing is that it provides me with good distance and a stright or slight draw ball flight. If that is the end game with this driver, I will be very happy with it.

Look what showed up today! Heads still have plastic on them. Can't wait to start hitting them and providing some feedback and numbers. In hand I'm really digging the more simple/clean design and head shape. No question on the head weights either.
961a392d48e9c27939f5253e1e9b8866.jpg
78cb06d44471b091f1d157b06246c195.jpg

Look what showed up today! Heads still have plastic on them. Can't wait to start hitting them and providing some feedback and numbers. In hand I'm really digging the more simple/clean design and head shape. No question on the head weights either.
961a392d48e9c27939f5253e1e9b8866.jpg
78cb06d44471b091f1d157b06246c195.jpg

Those headcovers are awesome as well

Video of 2 drives I hit today. First one ws tugged a little left and the 2nd one was very well struck with a slight draw.

I love the sound! That's the more metallic titanium sound I prefer. Did you mess with the adapter settings yet?

Sounds good can’t wait to hit this thanks Sox!!

I love the sound! That's the more metallic titanium sound I prefer. Did you mess with the adapter settings yet?
No. I really don't think I will need to. I was thinking with the higher launch Helium shaft that I may need to de-loft it a little. Based on the mid height ball flight I saw today, I am good with it if that holds.

Love the look of the sole plate on that driver. Can't wait to get these this weekend and put them in play !
Thanks for the pics Sox_fan!

I came away super impressed with the driver and fairway wood this weekend. The driver has a great look and sound and the fairway is so easy to hit from any lie.

I came away super impressed with the driver and fairway wood this weekend. The driver has a great look and sound and the fairway is so easy to hit from any lie.

Interesting feedback on the woods! I know how picky you sometimes are with the "woods" so pretty strong statement here.

Interesting feedback on the woods! I know how picky you sometimes are with the "woods" so pretty strong statement here.

Very. I would have no issue putting this in play in either driver spot and I think the 5 wood might find a home in here.

That is so good to hear, Ben Hogan Golf has been putting out beautiful great performing irons for a while now. Hearing that the woods can stand up performance wise to the big boys is huge for Hogan. The looks of the products are good enough in my opinion to appeal to a lot of golfers, having them trust that they are as good as anything else on the market is the bigger challenge.

Yep, the driver is definitely a fairway finder. 2nd round today with it and the ball definitely wants to go straight or with only a slight bit of draw or fade. I am also finding it pretty easy to curve in either direction and flight up or down when needed. Certainly impressive early returns.

Back