Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping G700 vs Callaway 2016 Big Bertha

Anyone who has played both. What did you consider easier to hit high and straight? I am a senior high handicapper with an 85 mph driver swing speed, and I'm losing distance and height.

Originally posted by LONGBALL777 View Post
    Anyone who has played both. What did you consider easier to hit high and straight? I am a senior high handicapper with an 85 mph driver swing speed, and I'm losing distance and height.
    I haven't hit the BBs, but have made a ton of swings with the G700, and they are hands down one of the easiest clubs to hit, and the distance is crazy long. Paired with the right shaft, these clubs will get back your distance loss and then some.

good luck
    DRIVER - PING G400 MAX TOUR STIFF 9 DEGREE
    FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G400 3 and 5 ALTA CB STIFF
    HYBRIDS - CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 4 AND 5
    IRONS - MIZUNO JPX 919 HOT METAL NS PRO MODUS3 TOUR 105 6-GAP
    WEDGES - CLEVELAND CBX 56 AND 60
    PUTTER - ODYSSEY STROKE LABS ONE 34"
    BALL - SRIXON Z STAR TOUR YELLOW
    BAG - PING TRAVERSE
    CART - CLICGEAR 3.5
    RANGEFINDER - BUSHNELL TOUR V4

Comment

Originally posted by LONGBALL777 View Post
      Lofts are pretty similar I believe. So distance will be there with either. Can’t really go wrong with either. I would say go test them both but the Callaway’s are no longer orderable or for fittings.

Do yourself a favor though and get fitted. I swing similarly to you (around 90mph with driver- 7i 150ish).
      Last year I got fitted for my g700’s. For over an hour I hit them with various shafts and we couldn’t beat my old gamers (Cleveland 588 Altitudes). Then we put in a Nippon Modus 3 105R staft and gained 5-7 yds carry, more height, better launch and descent angle.
      Sold
      Driver Epic Flash 12* / Px Even Flow Green
      Hybrids King OS 20.5* / 25*
      Irons G700 6-UW Modus 3 Tour 105
      Wedges CBX 56*/60* | Sure Out 64*
      Putter Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum
      Bag: Four 5
      Tracking:

Training: SuperSpeed Golf; Joey D Golf; MISIG

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse