Most forgiving of the recent model driver?

zooropa

Reaction score
Handicap
Sadly, misses are either heel side or low side, every now and then high in the heel. Out of the epic flash, m5 and m6, f9, ts2 mizuno 190 series (may have left something out) which one is going to be more kind to my crappy misses?

Sadly, misses are either heel side or low side, every now and then high in the heel. Out of the epic flash, m5 and m6, f9, ts2 mizuno 190 series (may have left something out) which one is going to be more kind to my crappy misses?
Big fan of the Ping G400 and it's forgiveness. There's different versions (Regular, LST, Max,) Might be wise to swing it a time or two...and you can find them for a reasonable price.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I won the Exotics EXS Driver in March Madness contest and finally got to use it today! I am really impressed! It was more forgiving than I expected. I missed on both the heel and toe and the only fairway I missed was with my fairway wood. Distance was not on issue! They are also much less inexpensive than the models you listed.

Ping G400max and Callaway Rogue would be my top 2 forgiving drivers

That's a rough miss unfortunately. Have you tried playing a slightly shorter driver? That was a big miss for me too until I started playing an inch short, and now my miss is high toe, which luckily isn't too awful on most modern drivers. Not quite an answer you were looking for, but worth a shot. My 2 cents at least.

high heel is so bad. iirc @canadan saw some impressive forgiveness in the heel with the recent mizuno release.

but i will echo a previous post: callaway rogue, or ping g400 max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When my swing goes really bad, I hit lots of balls off the heel. I hate it. I think the G400/410 are pretty good for those misses. For me, I finally had to figure out how to move my miss more out towards to toe.

I just put the Mizuno ST190 in play for my last few rounds. I've come away super impressed with the forgiveness. I tend to miss high heel as well and I don't get punished quite as much as I was with the F9.

Not going to find a more forgiving driver right now than the PING G400 Max. Can't imagine a 6 handicap makes too many poor driver swings, though.

In terms of pure moi it’s going to be tough to match the PXG 0811XF Gen 2 and the Ping G400 Gmax. Both are near the 5600 limit

Rogue and then G400 Max...the Rogue is pretty much perfect, I guess someone could say that their numbers in a trackman weren’t optimal or whatever, but I can’t imagine anyone at any level having any legit complaints about that driver were they fit to the right loft and shaft. The G400 Max is ultra forgiving as well but holy hell does it hit the ball a mile in the air and that can drive some people nuts. Obviously you can pop up any driver with a poor swing but I’m just talking regular misses high off the face...you can probably put your driver back in the bag, reapply your sunscreen, and have a drink before that thing comes down.

ST190 speed slot is great for your misses... plus I think its a overall hotter head, @ approx 196g... not heavier like others

In terms of pure moi it’s going to be tough to match the PXG 0811XF Gen 2 and the Ping G400 Gmax. Both are near the 5600 limit

I came to post this. And the PXG Gen 2 drivers are $575, so just a little more than the current average price of a driver from the major OEMs.

The Epic Flash, and it may not be close. At a minimum, Flash is WAY more forgiving than Rogue.

XF might be the most forgiving I’ve ever hit, even more than the Max which is more forgiving than the F9 and Flash which I have both of.

I haven't hit them all, but the G400 Max has quenched any and all driver lust I have had, at least for the last year. View this thread as a list of nominees and hit as many as you can. What works for me could well not work for you. Get the right answer for you. That said, there are some entries on this list I wouldn't have considered had I been looking.

G400 Max! I love mine!

XF might be the most forgiving I’ve ever hit, even more than the Max which is more forgiving than the F9 and Flash which I have both of.

At my fitting I had some of those swings where you pucker the old cheeks up knowing the shot will end up ugly. Just to find it still in the fw or just off. I was impressed.

Not going to find a more forgiving driver right now than the PING G400 Max. Can't imagine a 6 handicap makes too many poor driver swings, though.

You'd be wrong about making poor swings :). I've had the g400 max, after 3 rounds I had tennis elbow after never having had elbow pain in my life.

Oh believe it. I’m no longer a 6 (just like gas prices, it’s a rising market) but the best and worst part of my game starts on the tee. When it’s on, I can look like a scratch. When it’s not, you’d swear I was a 20. Most rounds I hit some of each. Even 20+ years ago when I was a plus HC, there were still a drive or two most rounds that were just block city.

I’ve since learned to hit a draw so now I can hit a pull hook and a block slice. Sometimes back to back. Ugh.

I’ve got a Rogue SZ, and other than this years model release pretty much every driver made in the past 3-4 years.

I’d have to say the F8+ from Cobra is very high on the list. Anything within a half inch of a center strike is going to feel pretty damn good and give really damn good results. Even horrific strikes have netted balls down the center. I’ve used the entire face of mine and so long as I square it, it does it’s job.

My middle son is an excellent ball striker and he laughs at how stupidly good some of his mishits end up. With the CNC face, it’s easy to see where every ball contacts the club. He’s hit some dead straight with less than a 10% drop in distance that were pretty far from the center of the face. For 199.99-249.99, it’s what I would recommend for someone wanting to maximize their results.

I was pretty impressed with the Flash, but since my local Dicks only carries the regular model and not the SZ, I couldn’t bring myself to drop 550.00 on a club I’ve never hit. That never held me back before but this year, some health concerns have me being a little (lot) tighter with my $.

If looking for a truly inexpensive option the 2016 M2 model is very forgiving as well and reasonably good shape used models can be found for under 100.00.

I think for low misses the F9 is amazing.

I tested every driver I could get my hand on this spring and the G410plus was the clear winner for forgiveness for me. I put a few really nice swings on each driver, but for the most part I was using a lot of the face. My mishits with the 410 went further and straighter than the other. Out of the middle I dont think there is much difference in 2019 drivers. Try some different shafts and you may have a lot better luck finding the middle. Hzrds smoke in the 3w is gold, but couldn't hit it in the driver. Evenflow blue and black were unreal. Consistent and long.

Back