Wosports Laser Range Finder

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Companies coming out with rangefinders are becoming more and more common in the bargain space and Wosports has been around on Amazon for a bit now. I got a chance to try out the Wosports 600Yards Laser yesterday for a couple of holes it it seemed to work just fine. Coming in at under $100 on Amazon I was curious as a friend pulled it out and have reached out to the company for some details.

Anybody here use one and if so what are your thoughts?

wosports-600yards-laser-rangefinder_650x.jpg

I've been looking and I've seen reviews saying that it works well. You miss out customer service and a warranty I'm guessing but at sub $100 it's a throwaway anyways. I honestly believe this and similar models on Amazon are what half of these start ups use and they throw their name on it.

Last edited:
Most of these are more or less the same deals coming out of China right? Except for the major players in this space, I assumed a lot of these were interchangeable with just different branding. $100 though if it provides accurate yardage and access through Amazon may be a disruptor in this area...

That looks exactly like the TecTecTec with a different shell around it. I would not be surprised if they come out of the exact same factory in China. That said I had one of those and it worked fine, till someone stole it out of my truck.

https://us.tectectec.com/product/golf-rangefinder/vpro500/

• Admin
That looks exactly like the TecTecTec with a different shell around it. I would not be surprised if they come out of the exact same factory in China. That said I had one of those and it worked fine, till someone stole it out of my truck.

Yes sir. If you read the quick six with Percision pro, on the homepage, we actually spoke about that and they talk about how even at the beginning they were similar. How they moved away from the model and started creating.

Yes sir. If you read the quick six with Percision pro, on the homepage, we actually spoke about that and they talk about how even at the beginning they were similar. How they moved away from the model and started creating.

I think that is why Sox_Fan didn't get a response when he asked the company he got the rangefinder he was supposed to be an ambassador for. It looks very similar with different colors.

I agree, sure looks like my TecTecTec. If it is the same, just rebranded, here's my opinion after using one for a couple of years.

Pros:

• Very accurate, compared it side-by-side with a high dollar unit and saw same results.
  • The "slope" feature works very well.
  • Locked on the pin quickly and accurately.
  • Battery life was incredible, went about 18 months before needing replaced.

Cons:
  • The eyepiece falls off easily. Lost it once out on the course, ordered replacement (inexpensive on Amazon), but really have to watch it.
  • After battery replacement I've found it much harder, and time consuming, to lock onto the pin.

Really liked the TecTecTec, but due to the "Cons" listed above I'm looking for a replacement. Haven't decided yet if I'll go with another less expensive one like this, or go Bushnell, Precision Pro, etc.

Even at $100 I wouldn't consider something a throw away especially when I can spend that or a little more and get the caddy Tek @ Costco (normally $130, goes on sale for $100 periodically).. or for the tectec for a few more

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back