talking strictly (NEW)two piece golf balls

Tandy

Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking of buying bulk and talking strictly (NEW)two piece golf balls is there one brand that is better than the other?** * Am thinking better in that do all brands have the same consistency from ball to ball with their two piece balls? Do some have more spin because of the materials being used or are they again all the same because of being a two piece ball? Does one get what you pay for or do you go with what cheapest and you should be good to go? Thinking Snell getsum, Noodle longandsoft, Srixon Qstar or maybe Oncore Avant.* *

Srixon's 2 piece offerings are a cut above others imo

I like the Titleist tour soft for an all around ball. They seem pretty durable, are long enough off the tee and work well around the green for my game. I am mid HC break 80 occasionally. Been playing these this year and liking the results so far. I can't say yet that I like it over the z star which I had been gaming the last few years. Now that I have both in the bag I plan to play a round with them head to head along with the q star tour which was suggested to me in another thread. All that said I am a better short game and wood player than a ball striker. It was suggested to me that there may be plenty of balls that may suit my game just fine. My big beef with the tour soft is the price. There doesn't seem to be a lot of sales out there either. Looking forward to trying the q star tour as they seem to be a better price in general. If the z star is technically for faster swing speeds I am hopeful the q star tour will fit me better? Granted I think those (Q and Z star) are both multilayer...so sorry for the bird walk there. If you don't mind the price the tour soft (two piece ball) is a solid option IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Of the models suggested I do prefer the QStar. They’ve been very consistent to me and come in now at a very good price point @ $12.50 a dozen. Another option might be the Top Flight D2+ Feel. It’s not a rock. Quite nice performance and available at Dicks for <$12.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with aljaklaw - the Srixon 2 piecers are superb.

Check @ddec review of the SoftFeel: 2018 Soft Feel

I wouldn't buy bulk until you're sure you've found the ball that's best for you.

Callaway Supersoft and Wilson Staff Duo are two more 2-piece balls to try. Longer and straighter, for me.

I've dabbled with Srixon SoftFeel and Titleist DT TruSoft but they didn't give the results of the Callaway and Wilson balls.

I’m going to come off as a homer, but the Bridgestone E-Series are some seriously good balls. Last round I played I bought 3 matte lime(ish) green E-12 softs. While they weren’t a great fit for me, they would be great for someone that needs to launch the ball higher. What they were great for, visibility.

I follow about 1/3 of my tee shots and 50% of my shots that are 170+. I’m not sure why but I just don’t see them. I have a pretty good idea where they’re going based on the swing I put on it and contact. Anyways I played the entire nine without losing sight of a single ball. I tracked every shot perfectly.

If bargain hunting, finding E6 balls (prior gen) cheap is possible. Just a quick 10 second search I found them for 18.00 a dozen (new) at RBG. I don’t think they’re available in lime green but I think you can find yellow if you want.

The e12 and prior-generation e6 are 3-piece balls.

Are you committed to a 2-piece ball? Why is that, price? I'm a low-mid spin player, so I don't personally notice a difference in spin among 2-piece ionomer covers. I DO notice when I make the jump up to urethane. Of the newer 2-piece balls that I have played I like the Wilson Duo optix, qstar, and avant (mostly because it's unique).

Are you committed to a 2-piece ball? Why is that, price? I'm a low-mid spin player, so I don't personally notice a difference in spin among 2-piece ionomer covers. I DO notice when I make the jump up to urethane. Of the newer 2-piece balls that I have played I like the Wilson Duo optix, qstar, and avant (mostly because it's unique).

Yup price, no way am I sending 3 or 5 dollar balls into to woods or water! Maybe if I needed just a ball or 2 per round one day I might.

Srixon Soft Feel and Snell Get Sum are good balls. The OnCore Avant also.

However I tried the Cut Red and after about 2 holes I switched out. Couldn’t hit them. They were like rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup price, no way am I sending 3 or 5 dollar balls into to woods or water! Maybe if I needed just a ball or 2 per round one day I might.

B1G1 on the Srixon soft feel right now so 2 dozen for 20 is about as good as it gets.

Srixon lover here as well...

Before switching to Urethane last year I made it down to a 9-10 cap using the Soft Feel and Supersoft.
Both were very nice balls. Only difference I saw was feel. The Soft Feel felt slightly firmer off the putter.

I am a big fan of the Calloway Super Hot. There are so many offerings in this category. I Like the Maxfli Softfli and they were just on sale for $10 a dozen.

I would ask what your looking for in a Ball? Soft,Hard, Spin????

Looking for distance and straight prefer a firm ball. Supposedly 2 piece balls have distance and straight(on paper anyways lol). As far as spin goes am thinking a ball will roll onto the green just as much as it will roll off.* So playing the game with that in mind 2 piece should work for my game at this point.*

Theyre all pretty comparable: they will all be long off the driver with not a lot of spin around the greens. What you like is going to really depend upon what sound/feel you like. Some are clicky, others are a bit softer. I personally enjoy the Wilson Staff Duo. IMO, the WS Duo Soft Spin is an amazing ball for the money (although its 3-piece but for $25) but the regular Duo soft is a wonderful 2-piece ball and if you lose balls a lot, the Duo Optix come in all kinds of flashy colors.
Ive also tried Snell Get Sum and they are a good ball too. Honestly, Nitros arent bad either and are super cheap.

Callaway Supersoft. 85 mph driver SS, 65 mph 7 iron SS, love the impact soft feel, distance and greenside performance. Try a sleeve.

The e12 and prior-generation e6 are 3-piece balls.

And that’s why I’m rarely allowed out, lol. I glanced right over the 2 piece part and just went straight to a quality non-urethane ball mentally.

Maxfli softfli 35 compression or straightFli at 70 compression are great values at 2 for $25.

The Calloway super hot is a another great option.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back