I don’t know if it will hurt your clubs, but I just use water and a brush and it seems to work fine.

I just use mild dish detergent in water and a toothbrush. Cleans them just fine.

I just use mild dish detergent in water and a toothbrush. Cleans them just fine.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dawn + water.

Water and a rough surface hand towel after each round, 5 minutes and 2 year old clubs still look new.

Water and toothbrush.

Just warm water, dish soap & a tooth brush. Cleans em right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covered well, warm water and dish soap with a toothbrush.

Just water, possibly a soft brush if needed. But carry a microfibre towel wet on one side (I prefer the player's towel style) and it's easy to give the club a quick swipe before you put it in the bag. Keeps grooves clean for spin, especially wedges. Then usually just a quick wipe of the faces when I get home is needed.
I usually wipe the grips of my driver, putter after each round too, the rest every few rounds.

If your clubs are forged, or have a chrome finish that is getting a bit worn, you can bring back a bit of that shine and also prevent (or remove) rust spots by applying a thin coat of gun oil such as Rem Oil or WD40 once in a while. Just be sure to wipe it off fully before you play.

Last edited:
Spit, a towel, and the sharp tip of a tee for the grooves. All you need. Bingo Bango Bongo.

I clean my clubs religiously so they never really get THAT dirty and only use a water spray bottle, a dual wire brush, and a disposable cloth.

I spray them, brush lightly, and use the cloth to wipe the dirt away. It works like a charm and is easy. It takes 5-10 minutes for the set. If they were dirtier maybe I'd need soap too.

Dave

WD40 works but leaves them slick. IF you get something you can't get clean then its a good option

Wet towel and or brush on course. Water and scrub brush after at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like most replies I use dish soap and a rag or brush. The most important thing to wash is your grips, wash them good with soap and let them air dry. If you have cord grips make sure you rinse the soap thoroughly.

Warm water and a brush is all I've ever needed to get mine clean.

Like most replies I use dish soap and a rag or brush. The most important thing to wash is your grips, wash them good with soap and let them air dry. If you have cord grips make sure you rinse the soap thoroughly.

+1 Grips can last a long time if you clean them regularly.

Like other have said, cleaning clubs on the course is the best way. I have a Spotless Swing towel (it has a rough surface on one half of the inside part) and it does a great job of keeping the clubs clean during a round.

Then mild detergent & water occasionally after a round if needed.

https://spotlessswing.com/

Water and my wife’s toothbrush.

I keep an extra bottle of water in my bag. After every shot i wet the face, clear the grooves with my tree-saver tees then wipe with a microfiber towel. Then the same for the bottom if need be.

Back