Contest and Live Update Thread: 2019 Bridgestone Championship

This is not what we agreed to as the proper course of action...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 2 beers on the tab

G-korf game plan full effect tomorrow bruh (@pkorf)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

95770537348cac2ee2a011a2f92b0003.gif

What scores could look like with this format tomorrow.... Can’t wait to see the pairings navigate the course tomorrow...

I'm like a cat with a laser pointer....just can't stop watching this!

I'm like a cat with a laser pointer....just can't stop watching this!

And you were at the blood bath at Dubsdread 2 years ago with a similar format, right?

Ok let's set the table for tomorrow, and update the line.

What happened today?

It was Nerdy and Pete's world, we just lived in it. They got off to a hot start and didn't give any back until a double on their 16th hole, I was heartbroken because I had an all-world gif teed up for when they got it -10. They never got it there, but they will sleep on the lead as they finished at -8 tied for the lead with Bridgestone Team B.

The pre-event favorite Pkorf & GMan sputtered out of the gate and attempted to play catch up all day, never quite getting it into red numbers. They start tomorrow 9 shots back and in a big hole. Over 40% of the THP Public has them in the contest, and will be rooting for an epic comeback. They finished the day at +1 in a tie for for 3rd. The change in format for tomorrow, does favor the comeback attempt, however it will still be a tall task but not impossible.

Hat's off to the Vortex & Hoosiermess pairing, they battled all day even getting it into red numbers at one point before giving a couple back coming in. The format for tomorrow's action isn't a positive for them, but they could make a run if they are able to catch lighting in a bottle on the front and hang on for dear life on the back. Regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of the way that this team has displayed a grinder's mentality. They also finished the day +1, and 9 off the lead.

It was a tough go for everyone's favorite "Rusty 9", Smiter, and his partner djt311. They were never really able to right the ship and today's voyage ended in a less than stellar +8 round. The reversal of fortune is probably not in the cards, however, there are rumors of a 2nd chance prize just based on tomorrow's round. That pairing seems to be having a blast never the less, and that is what THP Events are about.

Both Bridgestone Teams showed sparkling play and they sit a top the leader board w/ Nerdy & Pete, the format change over favors both of these Teams the most and it will be very tough to see either of these get a bounty claimed on them. By all accounts, the Bridgestone contingent have been remarkable hosts, and I'm looking forward to seeing if the THP teams within striking distance are able to take them down.

What to look for tomorrow?

This isn't over, the format for tomorrow's round could supply a lot of drama. Alternate Shot is where leads go to die, in the last 2 THP Championships, the team that was leading going into the Alternate Shot stanza gave up 5 or more strokes to the field. This is the format that is in place for the closing 9 holes. Last year during the THP Championship, two teams shot a 29 on a 9 during the Best Ball format. Can Nerdy & Pete close? We will find out tomorrow...

I normally don't post odds after the Contest is closed, but if Live Betting was allowed this is what the line would look like:

Live Odds to Win the 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone:

Nerdy_81 & Pete379 -250

Elliot Mellow & Heather Arnold (Bridgestone Team 2) -250

Zack Kupperbusch & Adam Rehberg (Bridgestone Team 1) -180

Pkorf & GMan79 +600

Vortex & Hoosiermess +600

djt311 & Smiter +3000

What happened today?

It was Nerdy and Pete's world, we just lived in it. They got off to a hot start and didn't give any back until a double on their 16th hole, I was heartbroken because I had an all-world gif teed up for when they go it -10. They never got it there, but they will sleep on the lead as they finished at -8 tied for the lead with Bridgestone Team B.

The pre-event favorite Pkorf & GMan sputtered out of the gate and attempted to play catch up all day, never quite getting it into red numbers. They start tomorrow 9 shots back and in a big hole. Over 40% of the THP Public has them in the contest, and will be rooting for an epic comeback. They finished the day at +1 in a tie for for 3rd. The change in format for tomorrow, does favor the comeback attempt, however it will still be a tall task but not impossible.

Hat's off to the Vortex & Hoosiermess pairing, they battled all day even getting it into red numbers at one point before giving a couple back coming in. The format for tomorrow's action isn't a positive for them, but they could make a run if they are able to catch lighting in a bottle on the front and hang on for dear life on the back. Regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of the way that this team has displayed a grinder's mentality. They also finished the day +1, and 9 off the lead.

It was a tough go for everyone's favorite "Rusty 9", Smiter, and his partner djt311. They were never really able to right the ship and today's voyage ended in a less than stellar +8 round. The reversal of fortune is probably not in the cards, however, there are rumors of a 2nd chance prize just based on tomorrow's round. That pairing seems to be having a blast never the less, and that is what THP Events are about.

Both Bridgestone Teams showed sparkling play and they sit a top the leader board w/ Nerdy & Pete, the format change over favors both of these Teams the most and it will be very tough to see either of these get a bounty claimed on them. By all accounts, the Bridgestone contingent have been remarkable hosts, and I'm looking forward to seeing if the THP teams within striking distance are able to take them down.

This isn't over, the format for tomorrow's round could supply a lot of drama. Alternate Shot is where leads go to die, in the last 2 THP Championships, the team that was leading going into the Alternate Shot stanza gave up 5 or more strokes to the field. This is the format that is in place for the closing 9 holes. Last year during the THP Championship, two teams shot a 29 on a 9 during the Best Ball format. Can Nerdy & Pete close? We will find out tomorrow...

I normally don't post odds after the Contest is closed, but if Live Betting was allowed this is what the line would look like:

Nerdy_81 & Pete379 -250

Pkorf & GMan79 +600

djt311 & Smiter +3000

Great recap. Great insight into the pairings and how they look headed into the final stretch. Thank you sir.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I apologize for the audio quality, I interviewed these guys in the parking lot of a bar.

You may be asking a bit too much from the other guys on the updates tomorrow...
Great recap of event day 1! You should do this more often....

West coasters will join a bit later in the morning... just saying, but the MCGriddles is the play for sure

What happened today?

It was Nerdy and Pete's world, we just lived in it. They got off to a hot start and didn't give any back until a double on their 16th hole, I was heartbroken because I had an all-world gif teed up for when they got it -10. They never got it there, but they will sleep on the lead as they finished at -8 tied for the lead with Bridgestone Team B.

Nerdy_81 & Pete379 -250

Pkorf & GMan79 +600

djt311 & Smiter +3000

Love love love it!!!! Great recaps and videos tonight! Regardless of what happens know this......Bridgestone is going deeeeeeep on golf balls and they’ve treated us like royalty. Win lose or draw, this was on special effing weekend and I hope one of these THP teams beats one of those Bridgestone teams!

@JDax - you are the man! Love your commentary. Pity, smart and accurate.

Contest and Live Update Thread: 2019 Bridgestone Championship

Awesome event

Last edited:
@JDax - you are the man! Love your commentary. Pity, smart and accurate.

Thanks!!!
Keep plugging away,...
Last Year at the THP Championship, @Campilobaxter & I were just treading water couldn’t get anything going we were +4 thru 36 holes, then went -7 on the final 9 holes, it was too late of a charge, but great stretches of play can happen and it’s not too late for y’all...

Thanks!!!
Keep plugging away,...
Last Year at the THP Championship, @Campilobaxter & I were just treading water couldn’t get anything going we were +4 thru 36 holes, then went -7 on the final 9 holes, it was too late of a charge, but great stretches of play can happen and it’s not too late for y’all...

I only remember the final stretch!

And you were at the blood bath at Dubsdread 2 years ago with a similar format, right?

Yeah, pretty sure it was best ball front and alternate shot on the back of Dubsdread. The leaders will have to be careful as the back nine can bring others back into fold.

Thanks!!!
Keep plugging away,...

Got it! Just finished drinks with @Pkorf and @DJT311. Chatting about golf, swings, grips and life. This is what THP events are about. Good chats over a cocktail or two with great people. If there's a prize for least amount of sleep in OH, then I'm in contention. :D

What happened today?

Nerdy_81 & Pete379 -250

Pkorf & GMan79 +600

djt311 & Smiter +3000

So you're saying there's a chance.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

3fba07602061e4fbd3bdfdedbe9f108c.jpg

THPers and Mr Couples!!

Just caught up on the evening's activities and I am so jealous of you all. I've always been a big fan of Freddie. Bridgestone and THP really brought it for this event.

Good luck to all tomorrow, especially to my former partner Vortex and Hoosier.

Early start for Pete and me. We climbed into the wrong car in the parking lot and it took a minute to figure it out. 4 hours of sleep has its challenges.

Looking forward to today...after ingesting some Advil.

Early start for Pete and me. We climbed into the wrong car in the parking lot and it took a minute to figure it out. 4 hours of sleep has its challenges.

You don’t do well with the early mornings lol

First the sandals, now the car.

Nerdy/Pete getting after yesterday- my dudes!!!

This event had been EPIC!

Awesome SWAG, night time ball fittings, VIP event with Couples Connor Sketches - Rocco Mediate’s strange

Best Ball Alt Shot is going to make today interesting

Have fun and play well lady and gentlemen

Excited to see who takes it down (looking at you Nerdy Pete lol)

Last edited:

Day can only improve from here.

Good luck today.

Pete379 and vortex hitting the range early today...
2481c43d2898f448eff4649903381f21.jpg
3e3f05ea61583f3c66fbacbd74701df0.jpg

Good luck today guys! Alt shot should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And... We are off! Headed to 15 to start the day vs nerdy and Pete (Paul Bunyan)

@rehbirdie and Zack dialed in today and out for blood

d5a316aa1169c19624d1581056b7e1e0.jpg

Back