Contest and Live Update Thread: 2019 Bridgestone Championship

Ok let's set the table for tomorrow, and update the line.

What happened today?

It was Nerdy and Pete's world, we just lived in it. They got off to a hot start and didn't give any back until a double on their 16th hole, I was heartbroken because I had an all-world gif teed up for when they got it -10. They never got it there, but they will sleep on the lead as they finished at -8 tied for the lead with Bridgestone Team B.

The pre-event favorite Pkorf & GMan sputtered out of the gate and attempted to play catch up all day, never quite getting it into red numbers. They start tomorrow 9 shots back and in a big hole. Over 40% of the THP Public has them in the contest, and will be rooting for an epic comeback. They finished the day at +1 in a tie for for 3rd. The change in format for tomorrow, does favor the comeback attempt, however it will still be a tall task but not impossible.

Hat's off to the Vortex & Hoosiermess pairing, they battled all day even getting it into red numbers at one point before giving a couple back coming in. The format for tomorrow's action isn't a positive for them, but they could make a run if they are able to catch lighting in a bottle on the front and hang on for dear life on the back. Regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of the way that this team has displayed a grinder's mentality. They also finished the day +1, and 9 off the lead.

It was a tough go for everyone's favorite "Rusty 9", Smiter, and his partner djt311. They were never really able to right the ship and today's voyage ended in a less than stellar +8 round. The reversal of fortune is probably not in the cards, however, there are rumors of a 2nd chance prize just based on tomorrow's round. That pairing seems to be having a blast never the less, and that is what THP Events are about.

Both Bridgestone Teams showed sparkling play and they sit a top the leader board w/ Nerdy & Pete, the format change over favors both of these Teams the most and it will be very tough to see either of these get a bounty claimed on them. By all accounts, the Bridgestone contingent have been remarkable hosts, and I'm looking forward to seeing if the THP teams within striking distance are able to take them down.

What to look for tomorrow?

This isn't over, the format for tomorrow's round could supply a lot of drama. Alternate Shot is where leads go to die, in the last 2 THP Championships, the team that was leading going into the Alternate Shot stanza gave up 5 or more strokes to the field. This is the format that is in place for the closing 9 holes. Last year during the THP Championship, two teams shot a 29 on a 9 during the Best Ball format. Can Nerdy & Pete close? We will find out tomorrow...

I normally don't post odds after the Contest is closed, but if Live Betting was allowed this is what the line would look like:

Live Odds to Win the 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone:

Nerdy_81 & Pete379 -250

Elliot Mellow & Heather Arnold (Bridgestone Team 2) -250

Zack Kupperbusch & Adam Rehberg (Bridgestone Team 1) -180

Pkorf & GMan79 +600

Vortex & Hoosiermess +600

djt311 & Smiter +3000

My man Dave with some sneaky odds... i smell a rally, and who doesnt like 5 hundo to win a quick 3k?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Contest and Live Update Thread: 2019 Bridgestone Championship

Siiighgghhhhhh we have 4 1/2 groups on one hole. For once in our lives THPers arent slowing anyone and I mean anyone down hahaha

Approach on 5
e3cec357a67c6621df6d80191861fb86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That course looks pristine!

Two pars on hole five. We’re still both + 2

It’s a bit backed up in front of us, par three coming up

Approach on 5 beautiful hole. @smiter and I trying to get some red on the card.
aef6955d6f23f81a71bb8ef43a8f09f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

P/n par on the monsterous 5 (-1) - bogey for G-Korf(+9)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That course looks pristine!
Today has been a grinnnnnnnnnd x 10 but evethough were are playing under our capabilities, the company, the Bridgestone folks, the course, the balls, the weather, my partner and Thp in general have been so incredible this weekend it doesn’t even matter. Such a great group of dudes and I have a feeling Nerdy&Pete are going to give em some hell really really soon!

Get em THP!

P/n par on the monsterous 5 (-1) - bogey for G-Korf(+9)

10bbc97ff343350c7b5b4bdbe046db0f.gif

Alright Nerdy and Pete bring this thing home

Little gathering at the 6th.
c2b6aff7f91267bb45b44826b2204d47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

We had a four net three to stay +2, heather and Elliot had a bogey four to go +3

Carnage on 5. Double to Bridgestone (sorry for not giving). DJT and I make the
20ft putt for a lovely 6. Coulda been a lot worse.
97e0317c2bd7a0525ecd108ce61c18af.jpg

Back up on the 3.

8ad7234f334e3ca1278706fec2385ede.jpg

Par 5 7th on deck

Today has been a grinnnnnnnnnd x 10 but evethough were are playing under our capabilities, the company, the Bridgestone folks, the course, the balls, the weather, my partner and Thp in general have been so incredible this weekend it doesn’t even matter. Such a great group of dudes and I have a feeling Nerdy&Pete are going to give em some hell really really soon!

Get em THP!

It's been awesome seeing Bridgestone absolutely go all in on this event. This looks like the Bridgestone that I was a big fan of a few years ago.

And THP is once again doing THP things and providing another awesome event for a bunch of great THPer's.

P/n - bogey (E) G-Korf par net birdie (+8)

P/n - bogey (E) G-Korf par net birdie (+8)

31837dca38687780a3aa7f7e647bae05.gif

22e7e0b4ec2f909cb5ff8c9187bb6abf.jpg

Bridgestone guys still -7. Tough guys to play. Just good mostly all over. Alternate shot is tough. DJT311 and I sucking pretty bad. But at least we’re equally sucking.

Great Course, great folks can’t ask for more.

74ac8cc0bd956b4c5a8c632d19639dc0.jpg

Next hole. Pretty 5 from 513

It's been awesome seeing Bridgestone absolutely go all in on this event. This looks like the Bridgestone that I was a big fan of a few years ago.

And THP is once again doing THP things and providing another awesome event for a bunch of great THPer's.

Annnnnnnnd we just made a par net birdie!!!!! Woo hooooooo

Approach h on 7
996f5c9f34286d380c08d66515df216f.jpg

Gman coming in on 7

227d278dc004b019608117d63c3a8967.jpg

Back