Contest and Live Update Thread: 2019 Bridgestone Championship

Finally had a chance to read through most of the last couple of days. I had a great weekend, you guys had a GREAT weekend. Redundant to single out so many great posts. THP and Bridgestone put on a phenomenal event, speaks to the kind of company Bridgestone is, and the community THP is as well. You guys really represented. Paul served as great local host, not surprised, he did the same for a small group of us in April in really crappy conditions, glad you guys had the opposite. We do get blue skies here on occasion. Congrats to Pete and Nerdy, you obviously played well on a difficult but fair course.

Finally had a chance to read through most of the last couple of days. I had a great weekend, you guys had a GREAT weekend. Redundant to single out so many great posts. THP and Bridgestone put on a phenomenal event, speaks to the kind of company Bridgestone is, and the community THP is as well. You guys really represented. Paul served as great local host, not surprised, he did the same for a small group of us in April in really crappy conditions, glad you guys had the opposite. We do get blue skies here on occasion. Congrats to Pete and Nerdy, you obviously played well on a difficult but fair course.

Thank you sir. Hopefully we get to meet you at some point too.

Thank you sir. Hopefully we get to meet you at some point too.

Likewise, tremendous effort involved, this is obviously a labor of love for you and GolferGal.

Wish I had an answer for this. @jb or @rehbirdie ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wouldnt Tour B X S be the new ball for the B330S... Given the naming convention is relatively familiar that is my guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Tour B XS.
Its longer than the B330-S though.

True, the XS replaced the B330S, same major green side spin with increased distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tour B XS.
Its longer than the B330-S though.
Thanks..that's what I would have tried since my swing speed has gone down lately.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

True, the XS replaced the B330S, same major green side spin with increased distance.

Aka the same ball the Tiger and I got fit into

Its close to saying Porkin

That’s also very accurate as I’m basically 67% bacon

You did not hesitate when Pete offered up his bacon.

Anyone want to comment on the wedges so far?

Spin spin and mooorrrrrrrrrrre spin. Love em

Aka the same ball the Tiger and I got fit into

That's a tall order for me to fit into. I guess not that tall since it's for pkorf, but still...

Anyone want to comment on the wedges so far?
These things check so fast and short. I'm a mediocre short game player and while these are my first new wedge set, I have not had so many checks from around the green and short chips/flop shots. The 60 I got literally rolls out maybe 1-2 feet before stopping. The other wedges have treated me well...also of note I came from scratch wedges which were forged and the forging on these wedges is butter smooth. I believe a forged wedge is not very common, could be wrong.

This speaks to the technology and R&D going into Bstone products... The balls, wedges and even the woods. I'm not a long ball hitter but the few balls I hot at the event on jgr driver and eW were deep. Also can say that PETE put on a show with the driver( not his daily driver but it was stupid long).

Note to self... Just because someone has storeshelves advertising and products ready to stuff into your golf bag does not make them the best. If you haven't checked out Bridgestone in a while go ask the salesman at the local bay if they carry them and hit a few balls to see for yourself.

Did anyone have to ask for more balls? A lot of water on that track...

I left with a dozen and a half. We were given 2dz

Pretty sure the driver cover was custom made from Sunfish

Nice! I’ll give in and just have to get a different custom one. I haven’t been able to find anything in that style that’s Bridgestone on the eBay/online store market.

Pkorf just got that building

4b3b71fe339604002a806b4f1420f166.jpg

As in hit with second shot?

Haha, that's never a good feeling.

I have to imagine it was just mere inches away from some pretty large windows. Those damn Tour B XS balls they fit me into apparently d chided it was time to jump off the face of my pitching wedge from 156 and flyyyyyyyyyyy over 180

He’s so weird.....he won’t eat bacon.
If I give up bacon can I too hit it 290 on the fly?

He’s so weird.....he won’t eat bacon.

Someday you'll have to translate the Budweiser and cancer comment. He lost me on that one.

31837dca38687780a3aa7f7e647bae05.gif

Hahahaha I just saw this and laughed so loud my wife asked me wtf my problem was. Nicely done

I left with a dozen and a half. We were given 2dz

I’ve still got just over a dozen, barely. The water was a real thing. Magnetic really.

I’ve still got just over a dozen, barely. The water was a real thing. Magnetic really.
I'm blaming the views on 17& 18... I had a good swing according to the other members... But I believe I lifted my head to capture the essence of that water tower.... Instead of seeingy ball land on the green/fairway I got to witness some huge splashes! Hahaha

9483d81e1f577027c976784f88df6b7e.jpg

c6d6313f781a2e31482559fc9f4f4a81.jpg
ce87095ae56a7dc654947a2056822eef.jpg

So what were the final prizes per team.

You did not hesitate when Pete offered up his bacon.

I mean....I’ll take bacon over flying it 290 I think.
Maybe not.....but probably

Back