Most Useful & Least Useful thing in your bag that is not a club/glove/ball/tee.

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
As the title goes, what is the the most useful thing you carry in your bag and the least useful or strange or whatever you carry in your bag that just takes up space. Can’t be a normal necessary item like club/ball/glove/tee.

Most Useful:
Ball cleaner pouch. A buddy got this for me and I use it all the time. I play a bunch of courses that either don’t have or never fill the washers so this gets a lot of use. There are a bunch out there but this is the one he picked up.

https://www.tidygolfer.com

Least Useful:
SwingByte: I got it on clearance for 5$ and it literally never worked.

Honorary Mentions:

Seeds from Chinook Seedery
https://chinookseedery.com

A box of band-aids.

most:
81QSHJsrkOL._SX425_.jpg

least: ? rain cover maybe

Most: Laser Rangefinder
Honorable Mention - Most: Towel & Club Brush

Least: Rain Cover (I'm a fair weather golfer, in California)
Honorable Mention - Least: Souvenir Poker Chip Ball Marks, for me they are just too big to use, so I don't.

Is a towel considered normal/necessary? If not, that’s my most useful item I guess..

Least useful is definitely my cigar bands....I have a problem lol

Most: Rangefinder
Least: Bag rain hood

Crown Royal for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most: brass wire brush
Least: 20 some odd starter tags from previous rounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Those little tiny brushes, probably my most used piece of equipment.

Least useful: a multi tool that I have used once in the entire 5 years it has been in my bag.

Most: my THP towel.

Least: yesterday’s Burger King wrapper

Honorable mention: the swing oil that may or may not be there? Who knows?

Most, towel

Least, athletic tape. I keep a roll for the winter when I fingers start to crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most - laser

Least - Driver wrench

Most: My StickIt towel (although I stick it to the cart before I play)
Least: A Hole-In-One ball marker I keep in my bag to give to whoever gets one that I’m playing with. That thing may never see the light of day with my group of hacks haha

Most: wet golf towel
Laser finder, gps watch with shot tracking and hazard distance, along with the eraser on my golf pencil get honorable mention.

Least? The pocket full of receipts for past tee times. The 10 trillion mid sized tees that I’ve picked up which are two short for driver, but too long for irons in hard dry ground. And the official rules of golf.

Whiskey

Most useful thing... without it, I wouldn't be able to play a single round. I couldn't make contact with the ball, I couldn't see if it I happened to make contact with it, I'd never be able to walk to the ball in the first place to try to hit it. The item? Air.

Least useful thing? Probably dirt. Unless there's a spider in there, then it'd be the spider.

Last edited:
Most useful: Bandaids
Least useful: Bandaids when its very humid out.

Most Useful - Orange whip. I use it to warm up and get my swing thoughts right.

Least Useful - The 20 course poker chip markers I have. Any time I play a new course, I pick up a poker chip ball marker. Never use them, and they just sit in the bag. I'm weird.

Most: GPS/Soundchuck. yardages and tunes.
Least: Rain gear. 99% of the time it just takes up space.

Most useful would be either my rangefinder or club brush. I use both a ton.

Least is probably my driver wrench. I think I've adjusted a driver maybe twice over the last couple of years.

Most: Wet and dry towels, and alignment sticks. I agree with @Millsan1 on the orange whip.

Least: Spike wrench. All others have been mentioned - bag rain hood, poker chip markers, greens fee receipts.

Most useful: Rangefinder
Least : Rain cover.

Most useful: sunblock.
Least useful: adjustment wrench. Seems like anytime I use that thing I make my game worse.

I found out last night I have the rain cover from a different bag in my bag. It didn't fit.

Most: Beer coozie. Self Explanatory
Least: Adjustment wrench. I rarely if ever make a change based on anything that happens while I warm up. I could easily relegate these to my range bag.

Back