Pieces of flair - Golf bag edition

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a sucker for adding my own little flair to otherwise mass-produced accessories. Be that custom headcovers, custom stitching to the bag, towel, buttons, tags, etc.

So THP, in what ways have you added your own flair to your golf bag?

some pics i took this morning

841bba0a00db52c1d077fe814d234077.jpg

e6eddcd8f7957135e5ceede2b3ec735e.jpg

1a2d1bf73c423176357d32afeb8dbbee.jpg

603a64b2542fdaea7164c25c5554b42f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've stuck several patches from my military days on my bag and of course the obligatory home course logo head covers, that's about it.

Headcovers for me. That's the one spot that i think allows for the most personalization and helps golfers show off some personality. Other than that I like to collect bag tags from the various places I travel to.

I like having some flair but I usually keep it simple. My favorite is showing off a bag tag from one of the more upscale courses I’ve played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have the bag tag from Hammock Beach from the THP event I went to last September. That’s just about the only flair I have on there.

Edit: I didn’t realize bag flair included head covers. I have a Marquette Golden Eagle head cover which was a gift when I graduated from law school and was gifted my first set of clubs. Oldest item in my bag.

Last edited:
A-15 Tag and headcovers.
P.S. - those THP tags are sick!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I used to only like having a fancy putter cover, not a huge fan of flashy stuff on my bag, but for some reason having that little flair on the putter only looked cool to me. Now that I have a custom head cover for my driver too, it's making me consider branching out for the 3w, 5w, and hybrid too. They all have matching covers currently, but 50% of the time I pull the 3W when I want 5W instead, so figured if I change one, let's change them all. Deciding on fabric, company, and design is the struggle, along with the cost was higher than I expect for some. Could be a fun things to slowly add to the bag.

I usually rock a nice putter cover from Toulon, Lamb, or Swag, and then I have a metal Palmer umbrella hanging off the bag.

I’m not a fan of bag tags, but I keep one on there for obvious reasons.

I do love random and custom headcovers though. I’m pretty happy with my current set up, but there are plenty of spares in my office for when I get bored and want to change things up.

433df9fb09086037fe7e5600fb903f61.jpg

Mr Gopher driver cover, Jets head cover on my 5W and a tag for the Golf Week Amateur tour hanging off the bag. That's about it.

I did have a full out Jets bag, but it was a POS and wore out in less than a year.

Just headcovers for me. I guess my bag is kind of a piece of flair. USA themed Sun Mountain bag to match the USA Ryder Cup headcovers I got in 2016.

I don't have any flair on my bag other than a custom head cover from the Morgan Cup this year. I've always thought about custom head covers especially since my 3w and 5w look identical and I've occasionally pulled the wrong one. An awesome bag tag would be cool too.

Just head covers for me.

Just Head covers for me as well, although I’m always on the lookout for a distinctive towel or bag tag if I see one.

That's about it.
95657d04bf2a1a7391a05b8735aec527.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I always have a different putter headcover.
I also have my P4B and UofA Engineering pins on my bag.

Definitely wanting a bag tag soon!

My bag is my swag... #LoveTeamHackersBeautiesYaYaYa

That said, I'm usually just a headcover guy, and have been rocking the same three for a while now. Dormie Workshop out of Nova Scotia. Insane quality.

I did a bag once with a bunch of WWII and Army patches to honor my grandfather.

I hang a bunch of bag tags and think that adds some character to my bags.

My last bag I actually got with the logo of my home course on it.

Usually just a putter cover type of guy. I can see having some nice touches on the bag, I just don't have any.

Behold. The ultimate piece of golf Flair...

il_794xN.1624848622_mc2g.jpg

My bag is my swag... #LoveTeamHackersBeautiesYaYaYa

That said, I'm usually just a headcover guy, and have been rocking the same three for a while now. Dormie Workshop out of Nova Scotia. Insane quality.

I’m using some Dormie head covers as well. Completely agree with the quality of these things being outstanding

Mostly just headcovers for me.

aca305cd7243c13a090da8ca519e9988.jpg

(Try to always have a GD cover in there somewhere)

Also used to rock the bag tag but it’s been put up for display at this point.

e406333ff93ff2fdc034153b40467893.jpg

8cf72b46ecb9884890dd8e5c4f78267c.jpg

Vintage Hogan cover

AC33B4EF-A2D6-42E8-BFAB-1B64C79342DB.jpgimage1.JPG

Head covers, #A15 bag tag and Arnie umbrella bag tag. P4B pin will probably be added soon.

Back