Titleist U Series Utility Clubs

Oh lord those are good looking. And the no upcharge part is going to make me want to hit them all to find the right combo. If I can find the right height off the fairway, this will find the bag.

These look great and utility irons are fun to hit, but I don't think that they have a practical spot in my bag.

is that a 1-iron or a jacked loft 3-iron :alien:

very 790ish

I think they look fantastic and would love to try them. Definitely have a very TM look to them though.

If anything, they will be perfect for all the shots I take from the trees. Low punch shots seem to be my required shot as of late. Especially at a particular course that I play on a regular basis .... right @JohnSinVA ???

Have a feeling the wider 510 will be a more "clicky" sound to it ... like the AP1. While the 500 will be a more subtle sound ... like the AP2

I was hitting absolute bombs with both utility options from Titleist this afternoon.

The u500 is like the 712u and the T-MB had a baby. Not necessarily in sound, but it presentation and performance. Going to take some shaft and loft manipulation to elevate the ball, which is perfect because I want laser beams in that loft off the tee.

Slightly higher and slightly straighter with u510 and the bulk of the head is not at all unpleasant to the eye.

Really eager to start reading THPer feedback on these.

I was hitting absolute bombs with both utility options from Titleist this afternoon.

The u500 is like the 712u and the T-MB had a baby. Not necessarily in sound, but it presentation and performance. Going to take some shaft and loft manipulation to elevate the ball, which is perfect because I want laser beams in that loft off the tee.

Slightly higher and slightly straighter with u510 and the bulk of the head is not at all unpleasant to the eye.

Really eager to start reading THPer feedback on these.
How was the sound of the u510?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How was the sound of the u510?

I would say it's pretty well in line for that market segment.

There are definitely UTs out there that have a more authentic 'iron' flush feel, but I'm not sure that's what they are going for. It aligns well with the rest of their lineup and with many of their competitors.

I watched a tour pro pound the 510, off the tee and into the green as a 2nd shot on par 5s. He loved it and said he hated his three wood so told them to get him something he could hit, was his first tournament with it and he said he didn't see it leaving anytime soon.

I watched a tour pro pound the 510, off the tee and into the green as a 2nd shot on par 5s. He loved it and said he hated his three wood so told them to get him something he could hit, was his first tournament with it and he said he didn't see it leaving anytime soon.

I believe that. For those who can control the head into contact, this thing will be STRONG.

The U510 was an absolute beast at the fitting yesterday. Especially off the tee, this thing will just flat out perform. I even hit it in a #1 iron :act-up:

I looked at these while I was getting fit for my T-Series irons. These clubs are quite the departure for Titleist. I was thinking something similar to the T-MB, but these are more inline with a TaylorMade GAPR LO or a Ping G Crossover. They are large and in charge. I will probably try them out at some point they looked like a great option for a driving iron.

I have the U500 #2 17* to match the 3* gap at the top end of the bag coming with my set in a few weeks.

Last edited:
I have a 3 and 4 U500 coming, went with the Atmos Tour Spec Blue in them, first time I have hit a utility iron with a hybrid shaft in it. I love the look at address and the ball flies off the face.

I looked at these while I was getting fit for my T-Series irons. These clubs are quite the departure for Titleist. I was thinking something similar to the T-MB, but these are more inline with a TaylorMade GAPR LO or a Ping G Crossover. They are large and in charge. I will probably try them out at some point they looked like a great option for a driving iron.
When i had my fitting Wednesday, i hit the U510 4 iron and its like cheatin, my fitter put that as my 4 iron and the T 200 5 to PW and I cant wait until the 18th

I have u500 3 iron that is absolutely money for me. The stock smoke shaft is a great pairing for this head. I liked the tmb 3 iron but this one is a bit better for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ball speed for my U510 2 iron is crazy fast, even with misses. High flight, good spin, super forgiving. Are these legal?!?!?!?!?!

The ball speed for my U510 2 iron is crazy fast, even with misses. High flight, good spin, super forgiving. Are these legal?!?!?!?!?!

I love mine too. I can hit it just as easy as a hybrid off the deck too.

I love mine too. I can hit it just as easy as a hybrid off the deck too.
I will have mine in hand next Tuesday. It's been killing me waiting

Played my 510 2 iron a few times today. I put some good swings on it and some bad; it didn't matter though, this thing is fast and forgiving. Similar results in ball flight and distance for all of my strikes. What a solid investment!

I pick up my U500 today! All my clubs have finally come in. I'm excited to play them all :cool:

I liked my 3 and 4 U500 so much that I ordered a 2 iron that I will most likely use in place of my 3 wood. I reshafted them all with Oban Kiyoshi Purple shafts and they are fantastic.

Last edited:
I need to sure up my game with my “normal” clubs first before trying something like these out.

I have a u85 2 I just don’t like looking down at, the 500 looks so much better. Might have to go whack a few at the course to see how it performs

Back