Ping Glide 3.0 Wedges

I just ordered myself the 54 and 58 in the Eye2 sole with the Recoil 780 shaft to go with my G700 irons. I got a range session in yesterday after spending about 30 minutes with Dave Pelz on YouTube to review some technique. After comparing the 56 Eye2 with my original 54 CBX on some 15-20 yard pitch shots I can see a strong advantage of spin on the Glide 3.0. I really like the rounded bottom edge with the extra 1/2 groove and the slightly lower bounce on the 58 should help me be versatile in Ohio conditions.

gmiller598;n8896452 said:
I just ordered myself the 54 and 58 in the Eye2 sole with the Recoil 780 shaft to go with my G700 irons. I got a range session in yesterday after spending about 30 minutes with Dave Pelz on YouTube to review some technique. After comparing the 56 Eye2 with my original 54 CBX on some 15-20 yard pitch shots I can see a strong advantage of spin on the Glide 3.0. I really like the rounded bottom edge with the extra 1/2 groove and the slightly lower bounce on the 58 should help me be versatile in Ohio conditions.

54/58 in Eye2 (albeit with the steel shafts) are exactly what I've been contemplating...hard. And it just firmed up after yesterday's round.

My playing partner turned up with a brand new Glide 3.0 60°, with the SS. He didn't tell me initially, and then he used it for a 40 yard pitch while I was standing on the green. It came in with a higher flight than his normal shot, but when it landed I could hear the spin on the slightly dewy turf. It wasn't just a thump, it was a "fizz-thump" and stopped on a sixpence. Extraordinary. Never heard that before.

He uses non-X ChromeSofts for reference. He was getting more and more aggressive with his flight vs stopping distance, and the wedge never let him down.

My 54 arrived today. The 58 is backordered for as long as a month from what I was told. Hopefully it arrives sooner because the 58 is what I'm most itching to get in my bag around the greens. Looking forward to getting this on the course this weekend. I really like how I can feel the head through the swing with the Recoil 780 shaft. It's exactly the way I want a wedge to feel. Just enough weight to let it do the work on chipping.

Still have these on the brain, especially an eye 2 in the 56° slot. Would need to do some bending to get gapping sorted out but I think these would work nicely. I thought the stealth version in the 2.0 looked sharp but the 3.0 finish is growing on me.

Got a range session in with my 54 tonight. pitches were high, solid nd landed softly with the crappy range balls. Feel on the face felt great. Got in a few full swings with the 54 even though I rarely make that shot. It felt and flew amazing. It's probably a combination of the way these feel and finally getting to a good spot with my short game technique but this seems like it will be the best wedge I've ever played. I can't wait to get my 58 and I'll probably consider a 50 at some point in time since I chip and pitch with that a good bit too.

Got my 54 out on the course today. it worked very well when used. I had no full shots with it but several chips near the green and one greenside bunker shot. I will definitely get closer to the pin when I get more comfortable with them. I'm still working on the feel and distance control so I left everything short and wasn't seeing much rollout with the SuperSoft I was playing today. Most shots I used this for were going up and over bunkers or ridges and they got up and cleared perfectly. As I gain more confidence with these and be more aggressive with my stroke I'm sure I'll be able to get these closer to the pin.

Early morning round this morning had quite a bit of dew on the ground and I did not notice any difference in performance between the wet first 9 and the dry 2nd 9. The coating on them seems to definitely be an added bonus.

Currently I’m playing the Glide 2.0 for my gap wedge (50*) and it’s one of my favorite clubs in the bag. I am going to replace my Cally MD4’s with the Glide 3.0’s (54/58) soon.

Recently received the Glide 3.0 56* Eye2 and very pleased with it. I purchased it to replace my Titleist 54* and 58* wedges. For me, I consider it less confusing - I no longer think about what wedge to use around the green - I just grab the 56* and go. It was amazing the first time I used it out of the sand.

After the 47* pitching wedge, I now only use a 52* and the 56* wedge. I like the change.

These wedges are on the rise in my pondering. I don't think the Eye2 would be my thing, but for gap and sand these could be interesting. Bumping to see if there is more playing feedback from folks.

I was able to get on-course with the Glide 3.0 Eye2 56°, and luckily it was quiet enough for me to test against the CBX 56° in direct comparisons - same shot, same ball model.

For me the Eye2 has as much forgiveness as the CBX, or it just suits my swing better enough that I hit it that much cleaner - either way is a win.

On a soaking wet course, I was able to play higher chips and pitches that stopped dead (no surprise in the conditions) but also play lower, fizzy ones that really grabbed on 2nd-3rd bounce, and that was both with a 3 layer urethane ball, and a 3 layer surlyn ball (Wilson Duo Pro vs Wilson Duo Soft Spin). The first bounce sent up a real backspin spray, and then the ball really jerked to a stop. On the best comparison shots (ie same strike, flight, landing spot), the difference in rollout between the balls after that check was less than 1 foot on a 25 yard chip. Very confidence inspiring to be able to go straight at the pin.

I know the looks of the Eye2 aren't for everyone, but I love them, and assuming the more traditional shapes perform the same, these HAVE to be on your demo list.

eye2_1.jpgeye2_3.jpgeye2_2.jpg

update: The 60° may or may not have just been ordered...(spoiler: it has)

Last edited:
These wedges are on the rise in my pondering. I don't think the Eye2 would be my thing, but for gap and sand these could be interesting. Bumping to see if there is more playing feedback from folks.

They strike me as having a little bit of some game improvement design in them but it's interesting to me how many LPGA and PGA players have put the 3.0's in the bag. They're legit, no doubt. I have the 50*, it's a bit shorter than my G400 U wedge (about 5 yards) but it's extremely solid and night and day better for finesse shots less than 100%.

I hit some balls on the range yesterday for a bit with my brand new 60* SS grind. I was really just hitting some soft pitch shots and was very impressed with how the ball reacted off this wedge. I have a bit of work to do learning my distances with it on these partial swings but I know I am going to enjoy it.

That brings me to this morning where I had a bit of time to kill before a meeting so decided to put it to some short game work. I started with chipping which can be a struggle for me because I have a really hard time with shorter swings. I found I have about 3 different setups I can use to chip with it depending on whether I want a bit of release or not. I mean this thing just does whatever you ask of it in that regard.

Next I tried hitting a few shots from the bunker but I was just not in my A game for bunker work for some reason. I was kind of playing toying around with a few things but I should have got serious in the bunker and did not.

I suddenly remembered the thread about having a flop shot in your arsenal and while I have never felt like it was a shot I had a club I wanted to try it with before, I just felt like the Glide 3.0 might allow me to start to learn. I know the basics of the shot of course just never tried it. Well, first swing sends the ball sky high out of the rough behind the tight green side practice bunker and drops it soft at a dead stop about 1.5ft from the hole. Well, I can say I will he practicing that again on a regular basis now. I hit some more flops and of course just learning some were really good and some not so good but it is not a shot I want to have to use but sure will come in handy if I can pull it off when I have to.

I had no intention of full swinging this club at all but they were hand picking the range when I went over to hit some other clubs and while I could easily reach them with an iron, the 60* was not going to get there so I decided instead of doing nothing while I wait in the range to completely clear, I would hit some more pitch shots and eventually full swings. Again, I was very impressed with how easy it was to send a ball high and watch it drop soft and even occasionally back up even in the range grass. That is a bit unusual for me for sure.

All in all, 2 times in the range so far and to say I am impressed is an understatement. I have never really had a wedge I was really excited about before but this one definitely fits that description. Of course I need more time with it but the results are already so much better then I expected and I know it’s only going to get better.

Saw and hit one of these for the first time yesterday, and I was seriously impressed. Added forgiveness is never a bad thing, but I was amazed how clean it looked and how compact it was compared to most CB's. Really thinking about ordering a 54 to play with and see how it is around the greens.

Saw and hit one of these for the first time yesterday, and I was seriously impressed. Added forgiveness is never a bad thing, but I was amazed how clean it looked and how compact it was compared to most CB's. Really thinking about ordering a 54 to play with and see how it is around the greens.
I really like my 60*. Easy to hit and really solid around the green.

I am really getting to know the 60* SS grind pretty well. It just flat out performs for me. My short game has never been close to as good as it currently sits and I truly believe this wedge is a large part of the reason for it. For the first time, I have no anxiety and actually look forward to chipping. I suddenly developed a pretty good flop shot as well.

I really don’t think these wedges are getting enough attention. They will work well for a lot of players. Go out and give them a try. I think you will agree and walk away impressed.

Yeah, I don't see how these wouldn't be a good fit for a large majority of players. I ordered 54 and 58 SS red dots to play around with, and they're impressive. I'm really, really enjoying them. I have tried a ton of wedges in the last year, and these are seriously high on the list.

I've always hated the look of anything eye2. Hated. With a passion. I'm seriously considering getting a 54 eye2 for the bounce and grind though. I also almost always play a set AW/GW, and if I were going to play these regularly I'm pretty confident I'd play a glide in that spot over any set one or specialty one I have. I can't believe both those statements just came out of my fingers.

I like 'em.

Last edited:
I'm moving on from my SM6's and will have to hit these. I'm pretty sure I'm headed to CBX2's but I have had pretty good success with my Ping 2.0 60° so I'll hit these to compare.

I'm moving on from my SM6's and will have to hit these. I'm pretty sure I'm headed to CBX2's but I have had pretty good success with my Ping 2.0 60° so I'll hit these to compare.
I had the original CBX for a while. These are much better in my opinion. The CBX just feel and look chunky to me and I had a hard time with them. They weren’t bad at first, then it just started bothering me the more I played them. The Glide 3.0 does not have that feel at all but still offers the forgiveness.

So these are still really good and underrated if anyone wants to do themselves a favor. I'm switching irons soon and have come to love mine so much I'm not sure what I'm going to do there. Just great looking, versatile, brilliance in these. Worth it at double the price, imo.

It just amazes me this thread isn’t 20 odd pages long. I swapped out my SM7’s for a Glide 3 with the Eye 2 sole. There is so much more forgiveness in this club it isn’t funny. If I didn’t put a good swing on the SM7’s I knew it. I’ve lost count of the chunky monkey shots I’ve hit with the Ping, and it makes little difference. The ball will still pop up and end up on the green instead of moving 2 feet like the old SM7’s. And using it out of a bunker is almost like cheating. I see it as no coincidence that since I put the glide 3.0 in the bag (and the G410 plus), I’ve been playing the most consistent golf of my life.

It just amazes me this thread isn’t 20 odd pages long. I swapped out my SM7’s for a Glide 3 with the Eye 2 sole. There is so much more forgiveness in this club it isn’t funny. If I didn’t put a good swing on the SM7’s I knew it. I’ve lost count of the chunky monkey shots I’ve hit with the Ping, and it makes little difference. The ball will still pop up and end up on the green instead of moving 2 feet like the old SM7’s. And using it out of a bunker is almost like cheating. I see it as no coincidence that since I put the glide 3.0 in the bag (and the G410 plus), I’ve been playing the most consistent golf of my life.
RIGHT?! The full shots are amazing, and I didn't think my scrambling percentage had anywhere better to go. They're just soooo good though. It's obscene.

RIGHT?! The full shots are amazing, and I didn't think my scrambling percentage had anywhere better to go. They're just soooo good though. It's obscene.

I read your raves about the Glide 3s. I was returning some clubs today on my 90 day playability and I decided to pick up a couple of these. I put the 54 Eye2 and the 60 TS in the bag. Holy Crap! I think that these may be the best wedges I have ever tried. I didn’t even hit a practice shot before my round, but I felt like that combination gives me some versatility I just haven’t had. I am pretty pumped about these.

Last edited:
I read your raves about the Glide 3s. I was returning some clubs today on my 80 day playability and I decided to pick up a couple of these. I put the 54 Eye2 and the 60 TS in the bag. Holy Crap! I think that these may be the best wedges I have ever tried. I didn’t even hit a practice shot before my round, but I felt like that combination gives me some versatility I just haven’t had. I am pretty pumped about these.
Wow. Taking them out cold! Love that. It's the kind of sprit I think gets rewarded! I hope you continue to be amazed. I picked up an 54 eye2 to work into my set a while back, and now that I'm settled I'll finally get to re-shaft it to match. They're so versatile and I think it'll be great for the conditions here.

Wow. Taking them out cold! Love that. It's the kind of sprit I think gets rewarded! I hope you continue to be amazed. I picked up an 54 eye2 to work into my set a while back, and now that I'm settled I'll finally get to re-shaft it to match. They're so versatile and I think it'll be great for the conditions here.

What surprised me the most is on the back 9 of my round, I had the Bridgestone Tour B RX in play. It is a little lower spin ball. I made a couple of little chips/pitches and the ball just stuck like it was velcro. I was really impressed. I also found myself in two bunkers and the 54 Eye 2 was super easy out of the sand. It looks a bit odd to my eye, but I cannot argue with the performance.

Do any of you fitting experts think I could bend a 46 degree to 44 and a 50 to 48, without totally messing up the bounce?

Back