Callaway Epic Flash Star Lineup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice write up James.

The focus on speed and ultralight is cool.

Going with the ATTAS Speed shaft and the higher lofts hits a specific segment (me) while using the premium materials hitting pricepoints that hit another segment (not me )

I liked the OG Epic Star release and I think Callaway improved on it, hoping to hit this stuff

Definitely not in my price range, and definitely pointed at a specific demographic. More power to them, and I bet they are fun as all get out to play with. That price though.

• Admin
Nice write up James.

Going with the ATTAS Speed shaft and the higher lofts hits a specific segment (me) while using the premium materials hitting pricepoints that hit another segment (not me )

I liked the OG Epic Star release and I think Callaway improved on it, hoping to hit this stuff

I never got to spend much time with the Epic Star, but loved the way it looked. My second driver spot is always smiling with the light weight, high launch stuff.

I never got to spend much time with the Epic Star, but loved the way it looked. My second driver spot is always smiling with the light weight, high launch stuff.

That was my thought for the driver as well

Definitely not in my price range, and definitely pointed at a specific demographic. More power to them, and I bet they are fun as all get out to play with. That price though.

X2... Nice looking and I'm sure they preform well, but my wallet says it won't be happening.....Ever

Nice write up James.

Have you ever tried going the ultralight route with irons? You hit the Beres stuff really well.

I think, for the segment of golfers who fit into this type of iron, there is a real performance boost from the light weight.

I like the 13.5* loft option addition to this lineup. The Epic Star ended at 12*.

I like the 13.5* loft option addition to this lineup. The Epic Star ended at 12*.

When I wrote the article I actually thought about you there with that head/loft! Haha

I think the part of the story that stands out the most to me is these are not just watered down releases for the slower swingers, if anything they’re amped up.

And for the prices, they again know and expect the people who buy these will be the ones where money is no issue when it comes to improving their golf games.

epic flash star 5-iron could be the perfect driving iron!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you ever tried going the ultralight route with irons? You hit the Beres stuff really well.

I think, for the segment of golfers who fit into this type of iron, there is a real performance boost from the light weight.

It’s been a while since I did a full fitting, probably should add that to the 2020 golf goals list

Would not be opposed to whichever setup is the best once the swing change is done

Might be the best looking clubs I have seen. Not meant for my game or in my price category, but damn these are stunning looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the write up.

I like how they didn't skimp on materials and really put in some work into this release. If golfers could get out of their heads that they don't need "lighter golf clubs" this would fit more golfers than we realize. The price will initially push many away, but there is no denying the tech they put into the lineup. I'm guessing they sold better than we think or they wouldn't have brought the lineup back domestically.

Those look good IMO. Not sure I need the SS help yet, but not getting any younger either.

When I wrote the article I actually thought about you there with that head/loft! Haha

Nice.

The only downside is I wish they would make the fitting cart demos available with adjustable necks to be able to try different shafts combos.

The 13.5 demo will undoubtably have a very weak feeling lightweight L or A flex shaft which will with not be ideal to test with.

Thanks for all the great information on this line James. Bonded vs. adjustable woods would not scare me away but, unfortunately, the price does. Would love to swing some of these ultra lightweight offerings some day.

There’s definitely a niche for this type of equipment and Callaway has done a fantastic job of capturing some of it. With UST as the stock shaft, this is certainly a premium line.

I guess Epic Flash Star is a better name than Epic Flash Old and Rich.

Just really like the color scheme on this line! Adding the touch of gold to the weight and port holes are pretty slick moves. From the pictures, the shaft even looks gold too!

If someone has the right swing speed and wallet to go this route, they will not be disappointed.

For those looking for info on the ATTAS SPEED shaft. Here ya go.

Ultra Light weight performance with better control and feel. Made with high modulus carbon fibers along with toughen resined systems give stability to a light weight shaft.
Constant taper for better feel.
Reinforced with T1100G

there's just something about a bonded fairway that gets me. I'm going to need to check these out in stores

there's just something about a bonded fairway that gets me. I'm going to need to check these out in stores

Epic Star irons with some UST 780 Recoil Smac Wrap shafts would be a monster set up for someone... looking at you @Snickerdog

Epic Star irons with some UST 780 Recoil Smac Wrap shafts would be a monster set up for someone... looking at you @Snickerdog

I could definitely be down with that!!!!

Love seeing the ATTAS in this lineup as the stock shaft, so happy for our UST friends. These aren't something I'd look at buying any time soon but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't sound fun to try them.

Back