Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid

This has my interest for sure!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No way my G410 Hybrids are leaving the bag, but these do look nice.

Might just be able to get you some head to heads on that one soon enough!

Ooooooo I like that headshape, and tat big ole hunk of loveliness so far down is perfect in a hybrid to me

That would be awesome to see @JMAN. I just could not imagine anything matching my G410s now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you might be able to get a shot of another Callaway hybrid side by side with this one? Just want to see how big of difference there is between the 2 bodies.

That would be awesome to see @JMAN. I just could not imagine anything matching my G410s now.

It’ll be.....Epic?

Too soon? Hahaha
Any chance you might be able to get a shot of another Callaway hybrid side by side with this one? Just want to see how big of difference there is between the 2 bodies.

I can’t as all I have are OG Apex, but maybe JB can?

Fwiw to everyone, they’re adamant it sits between the Apex and Bertha size wise.

It’ll be.....Epic?

Too soon? Hahaha

I can’t as all I have are OG Apex, but maybe JB can?

Fwiw to everyone, they’re adamant it sits between the Apex and Bertha size wise.

Let me check in the club lab tomorrow and see what other Callaway hybrids I have.

I am 99% sure I will be getting one once they are available for preorder and will have a rogue and most likely original Epic hybrid to compare it to.

I am 99% sure I will be getting one once they are available for preorder and will have a rogue and most likely original Epic hybrid to compare it to.

That will be fun. I know Budget will have them available for preorder soon.

I just recently bought a Callaway Big Bertha 4i Hybrid. Wonder how the Epic Flash Hybrid compares to the Big Bertha Hybrid.

Let me check in the club lab tomorrow and see what other Callaway hybrids I have.

Thank man.

Super write up as always J-Man. I really like how this one looks to set up neutral to maybe a hair open. I've been through so many more hybrids than anything else seeking one I don't hook at the worst possible time. The last club I replaced in my bag was my hybrid. A few months in and I'm already afraid to pull my 'new' G400 when it matters. I'll be testing this one for sure when we get the demos. Our pro (Callaway staffer) hasn't seen it yet but is already asking for the ETA date.

i am really excited to hit these at ecpc. i can absolutely see this being my par 5 club. something about fairway woods off the deck just doesn't work great for me, so this hybrid in a lower loft might be perfect.

i am really excited to hit these at ecpc. i can absolutely see this being my par 5 club. something about fairway woods off the deck just doesn't work great for me, so this hybrid in a lower loft might be perfect.
I'm really curious how it compares to the Big Bertha hybrid! I really want to hit this!

I could not hit the Epic hybrids to save my life, had to go back to the XR OS hybrids until I moved to the Ping G410 hybrids. I'm curious to try these to see if they are more like the Epic hybrids or something more hittable for me..

This guy? You all talking about this guy?

344e8087296f2d2fbd45d23cd31fdcc0.jpg

40504b2e7ddd7c6f6e5bb61ac80161bf.jpg

That’s where I’m really interested in this one. In that 18-20 degree loft. I LOVE the Apex hybrid at 23 in that real long iron replacement, and the 3h off the tee. But between the fade bias and the lower launch, I don’t know about holding greens if I need all the carry. The amount of weight they took from the crown and put it low has me really intrigued for this one.

Headed up to the demo day to check out the epic flash irons and hybrids today. I'll seperate the feedback into their respective threads.

I was able to hit off the grass today, they were pretty busy and I didn't want to take up too much time since I already hit the irons earlier. I grabbed a patch of grass in the rough full of clover (my normal second shot) and grabbed a 4H.

Initial thoughts, these look excellent a good solid look at address and a bit closed, at least in the stock stiff shaft I grabbed. I didn't have time to try anything else.

As for results, they seemed pretty good, in the setup I tried, I got a bit higher ball flight than I would like, but I'm sure that could be dialed in with more time. Overall looks and finish were great. The only think that I did notice was that the sound was a bit muted, that's probably a factor of the Carbon fiber, I'm just not used to it. It wasn't bad, just different, if the numbers supported it, I could easily get passed the sound. Also could just be that i wasn't finding the center, (possible and probable).

Here's a few photos.

1D4EBFEE-8301-49F2-ABDD-769F9942D097.jpegC28014CD-65F5-4100-AE2C-2735E5B6DD86.jpeg388A38CC-A677-4E99-92BC-53656DE5870A.jpeg5675BE52-E28C-464A-9ADF-F3C0A7DBF17B.jpeg32152CAD-4C76-46F5-B057-CA765E32F598.jpeg097CFBE6-7574-4E2F-81CF-16504BDA838C.jpegB6DFCC6F-7B85-47FF-A8BA-C65C8AB89BA9.jpegD98580F5-BB88-43F9-802F-A0C9FCB5D15F.jpegF2F68EDE-7315-4D9D-B0F3-D3779731425F.jpeg1E5D5964-0503-4C29-9E17-085A1510F623.jpeg

great thoughts clark! the more i see this and read about it, the more convinced i am to put this in the bag. shape looks perfect for what i would want it to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll have this one in the bag either this season or next.... probably next haha

The shape is fantastic; will need to hit these next to my ping g410s to see if they can unthrone the ping hybrids in the bag...

This legitimately seems like the hybrid I’ve been waiting my entire golf life for.

This guy? You all talking about this guy?

344e8087296f2d2fbd45d23cd31fdcc0.jpg

40504b2e7ddd7c6f6e5bb61ac80161bf.jpg

Have you had a chance to do any comparison to the G410 Hybrid yet? I love my G410's and am curious of your findings. Thanks!

I'm really curious how it compares to the Big Bertha hybrid! I really want to hit this!

Me too. I'm coming from the '15 Big Bertha hybrids, so am looking for something that can give me some additional boost.

Back