Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These have my interest big time!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nifty. I think these are probably not in my wheelhouse, but man did they cram a lot of tech in there. I like the looks of the head shape, but I’m not super picky when it comes to hybrid shapes.

Really love the first gen. It's my, swing hard, go straight club. Now add jailbreak???? Friggggg!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Will have more in hand pics coming soon.

537e8fa82867f1f631bf5e2c46fb6874.jpg

This shape looks similar to the Cleveland hybrid I played for years. I love the tech story as well and have seen it in action with both the 3W and Driver. I could very easily be talked into this one.

Why did I assume the hybrid and woods were already out? Lol thought my Tapatalk was playing tricks on me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I reaaaaaaally think that when people dive into what all is going on with these, the chatter will go through the roof.

SUB FIVE GRAM CROWN people.

I reaaaaaaally think that when people dive into what all is going on with these, the chatter will go through the roof.

It’s insane how strong they can get something and keep it that light. I’m sure that was especially tough with a hybrid with the shallower face and hitting it out of all different lies. Going to have impact near that crown more than with the driver.

Looks nice in the pics.

My gripe though is with the price. When most people need multiple hybrids (I Game 3) the $300 price point is a bit tough to swallow. With the price plus tax to replace my 3 hybrids I’d be just shy of $970. ~Gulp

Love the look!! I'm sure I'll find a way to try these as soon as possible!

i really dig these. tons of tech in a comfortable footprint. a lower lofted one could definitely find its way into my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, sh**... I've been wanting an Epic hybrid with jailbreak! In fact, not knowing about Flash Face, this release is what I was looking forward to the most this year. I had the OG hybrid in and out of my bag quite a bit. I may be out of the hybrid market for this season, but I will definitely give this a try at some point. The new hosel looks much better too.

Great review, Jman!

Wow its really pretty, really full of tech and totally out of my price range.

Great write up James!! Sounds like another strong option in the hybrid lineup.

Damn there is some serious tech and weight reappointment going on in here. The fact that the crown weight is under 5 grams is absolutely bonkers. Its amazing how light these companies are getting these crowns to be. Then add the internal weight,which is substantial, and these clubs should be ridiculously easy to elevate.

THis is what stood out to me from your write up. To be that light and still have the adjustability in the design is crazy. I go back an forth with having a hybrid in the bag and given my recent struggles with my 5iron (i know its me and not the club) i feel like this one would make like easier for me at that spot in the bag.

I've been waiting on these, can't wait to check them out!

I’ve said it before but my biggest complaint about Callaway hybrids has been the narrow crown and body. It just doesn’t give me confidence for some reason. This steers away from that and looks more like a wood than a hybrid - I love that. Well done Callaway.

So how many days till the granddaddy again??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The amount of technology packed into this head is more than impressive.

Really great write up James. That crown weight is absolutely insane. Who knew that was even possible to accomplish. I'm a huge fan of the Apex shape but I'm kind of digging the shape of this model. I can't wait to see the performance feedback considering all of the tech in this club.

I think it's pretty much a given that I'll end up with one of these at some point. I freaking love hybrids and Callaway does them better than anyone else IMO.

I have never played hybrids. These I would like to try, I have to set aside my preconceived notion of hybrids being to heavy for me.

I forgot to mention, the shape of these is PERFECT!!! Ugh I'm in love.

Back