Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid

Anyone gaming one of these yet? Thoughts on the stock shaft?

Got to check one out in person today, didn't get to hit it, but can't wait to once the local callaway rep has one around to try, they look fantastic and really setup to the ball well, gonna need to pull a club to fill it in, but happy to do so if it performs as well as it looks.

I was able to hit this 3H twice this week. A few thoughts. It's easier to launch that. The Apex hybrid and is hot like the BB hybrid, but with a better shape IMO. The sound was fantastic and it feels HOT. For me, and in very limited testing, it was longer than the BB hybrid as well, but that could've been because the shape was more fitting to my eye. In short, I was an instant fan and shortly thereafter was looking to preorder.

These are just wonderful to look at. I recently replaced my hybrid with a Mizuno. But I believe there will be a hybrid bag battle in my future! Looks alone put this on top of list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really can’t wait to hit one of these and see the data after holding the 4h in hand at THP HQ last week.

I've had basically zero equipment ponders since last December, but this Flash hybrid has certainly piqued my interest. I love my Bertha hybrids, but this Epic Flash hybo is much nicer looking at address IMO.

I am getting the 3h. The thing is a beast.

I've had basically zero equipment ponders since last December, but this Flash hybrid has certainly piqued my interest. I love my Bertha hybrids, but this Epic Flash hybo is much nicer looking at address IMO.
I share similar feelings.

I am not in the market for a hybrid but this one seems to check all of my boxes. Looks like it will be a bombers delight.

This really might get a shot at the bag next year. I could see this taking my 3w spot if distance gains merit it. Another easy tee club would be cool.

Same here bud, but definitely peaked my interest I have a gap in my bag that a adjustable 5h flash Hybrid would fill well but season is winding down so maybe next year.

Played mine today. Great club , reached 2 par 5s in 2 today where it would normally take a 3w.

Has anyone else tried these? I'm really surprised there are no other post about these with all the new technology that was put into these...

Have to tell you after listening to the Fitting Room podcast with DNevsCG talking about how this hybrid is more of a "Fairway Style" of a Hybrid, my interest got "Peaked" really fast.
Don't get along with "Iron Style" of Hybrids.
Will have to try to hit this at some point.

I wonder if the timing of this release is why there isn't more buzz. I was hoping to see EF hybrids this past winter, as that was the part of my bag I was especially interested in upgrading. The G410 hybrids have been great, but my curiosity got the best of me, so I ordered a EF 4 hybrid. Hopefully I can find some time to battle before the end of the season.

Ordered an EF 3h for my dad's upcoming b-day...and I hope he offers to let me try it soon. :D

4 hybrid arrived today. I planned to put it up against my G410 4 hybrid, but it may be better suited against a 3 hybrid: It's about .25 - .5 inch longer and a degree stronger. I may turn it down a degree (to 20) and put it up against my Heavenwood, which I have struggled with anyways. I can always adjust the G410 up a degree if I need to too.

The head looks and feels premium. I like the align grip quite a bit, but I've wondered why the past few years Callaway hasn't matched the grips of their fairway woods and hybrids--I often end up changing it. I'm unsure about the stock shaft. It has a bit of a plastic look to it and feels a touch whippy in R flex. I had a bunch of RBG credit so I purchased without testing first, but before I take the plastic off, I'm going to try and hit them.

JMB3;n8881331 said:
4 hybrid arrived today. I planned to put it up against my G410 4 hybrid, but it may be better suited against a 3 hybrid: It's about .25 - .5 inch longer and a degree stronger. I may turn it down a degree (to 20) and put it up against my Heavenwood, which I have struggled with anyways. I can always adjust the G410 up a degree if I need to too.

The head looks and feels premium. I like the align grip quite a bit, but I've wondered why the past few years Callaway hasn't matched the grips of their fairway woods and hybrids--I often end up changing it. I'm unsure about the stock shaft. It has a bit of a plastic look to it and feels a touch whippy in R flex. I had a bunch of RBG credit so I purchased without testing first, but before I take the plastic off, I'm going to try and hit them.

Keep us updated please...

Will have a 4H in hand Monday for homepage review. Should be able to provide some legitimate thoughts and comparisons for people soon enough!

Jman;n8887118 said:
Will have a 4H in hand Monday for homepage review. Should be able to provide some legitimate thoughts and comparisons for people soon enough!

sounds like it should be a balmer

ddec;n8887124 said:
sounds like it should be a balmer

Though it won't be part of the article, I'm most curious to hit it vs the 410, because thus far for me that's been the most impressive hybrid on the market.

The shape here is part of whats lost in the story I think, I'd venture that more fairway like shape would be a boon to many.

Let us, as they say, get it.

2c0250f386b8b65fc4cab439d600f89c.jpg

905816caec49427204cd0bfcf317c6a7.jpg

fda5055528918e78ebf02d8dc7ffc042.jpg

0eccf723fe1c8c742ea0173f07327251.jpg

f259ca0e8f64b0a19bc002b0401b3562.jpg

d70ce950f76bcc2195787f5823028252.jpg

I’ll say, in hand again, this shape is definitely more of the OG hybrid “rescue” shape, I’m pretty curious to put it into play and give that face shape a workout.

That's nice looking

I gave up so to speak earlier this year on my long irons and finally tried a hybrid. I hit it so much better that I now carry two hybrids. I much prefer the look of a mini fairway wood to the square toe design but I would like to see how the two differ in play and the strengths of each design.

I would love to hear a comparison of the Epic Flash hybrid to the Apex 19.

Back