Callaway Epic Forged Irons

One concern I did have was funnily not the lofts, but the club lengths. It looks like they are adding a half inch or so to each club. Hopefully, when I demo these it won't mess with my swing too badly!

One concern I did have was funnily not the lofts, but the club lengths. It looks like they are adding a half inch or so to each club. Hopefully, when I demo these it won't mess with my swing too badly!

I don't think that will be an issue, you eyes should tell your body to naturally adjust. It may change a lie angle that you normally play.

Hope not... I've never hit the aerotech shafts before, so that will be a bit new as well... I get they wanted lightweight shafts, but the shift to hybrid (steel/graphite) shafts seems interesting

Just listened to the to the latest fitting room podcast and Dnevs breaks down these iron really well. One thing that stood out is that these irons sit between Apex and Big Bertha irons. They are versatile enough to fit a 6hcap all the way to a 20hcap.

Sounds like these are very easy to hit and fit a broad range of golfers

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/callaway-podcasts/id686017329

I could envision these with a set of 50g Catalysts and watch ‘um fly.

You guys are not making it easy to say "I don't need them". The extra distance would be appreciated. Watch a review that TXG did and they were LOOONG.

Wonder how these will compare to the Rogue X Irons?

i can’t wrap my head around a full set of these, but as a long iron i am crazy intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i am real curious to hit them Sat. afternoon, not that I would buy new irons...but fun to see how they fly. I am still banking on a pro model popping up at some point.

Yeah, I play the 17 epics, so definitely interested in comparing to these...

Can’t wait to hear some impressions from THPers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just listened to the to the latest fitting room podcast and Dnevs breaks down these iron really well. One thing that stood out is that these irons sit between Apex and Big Bertha irons. They are versatile enough to fit a 6hcap all the way to a 20hcap.

Sounds like these are very easy to hit and fit a broad range of golfers

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/callaway-podcasts/id686017329

This is a great listen. Tons and tons of info thanks for posting this MikeG!

From the sounds of things so far, it should blow them away.

Well, I hope I don't get a chance to hit them then.
I didn't like the original Epic Irons - They felt so "Harsh" to me, hope these "Feel" better.

i am real curious to hit them Sat. afternoon, not that I would buy new irons...but fun to see how they fly. I am still banking on a pro model popping up at some point.

I may have heard wrong, but DNevs on the Fitting room podcast said they weren't doing a pro model this time due to differentiation across lines. No real place in the lineup.

I may have heard wrong, but DNevs on the Fitting room podcast said they weren't doing a pro model this time due to differentiation across lines. No real place in the lineup.

For sure that is what he said. Makes sense, I am seeing the Lineup from most demanding to most forgiving:

Apex MB
X Forged
Apex 19 Pro
Apex 19
Epic Forged
Epic Star Forged
big Bertha

But I am kind of guessing on the bottom side of that lineup.

That is correct. Based on where these fit and how they okay there is no need for a bro model. Better players who want that type of iron can looked to the MB/XForged/Apex Pro for those options

That is correct. Based on where these fit and how they okay there is no need for a bro model. Better players who want that type of iron can looked to the MB/XForged/Apex Pro for those options

I know that was a mistype, but I so want there to be a bro model instead of a pro model... like each club has a bottle opener on the back of the club and maybe each club is a different letter of the greek alphabet instead of a number?

For sure that is what he said. Makes sense, I am seeing the Lineup from most demanding to most forgiving:

Apex MB
X Forged
Apex 19 Pro
Apex 19
Epic Forged
Epic Star Forged
big Bertha

But I am kind of guessing on the bottom side of that lineup.

And then we have to add the 3 Rogue Replacements in 2020 in there somewhere correct?

That's too bad about the non pro model, but who knows maybe my ego will check out for a while and except the fact I may need the help.

And then we have to add the 3 Rogue Replacements in 2020 in there somewhere correct?

No idea, I have zero inside information on future Callaway releases, but it would not surprise me to see an update to the Rogue line in 2020 or possibly a new line that is priced $200-300 less than the Apex line. A Pro model, a GI and an SGI around the $800-1000 price point would make sense.

I know that was a mistype, but I so want there to be a bro model instead of a pro model... like each club has a bottle opener on the back of the club and maybe each club is a different letter of the greek alphabet instead of a number?

I’m with this plan. Greek lettering instead of typical iron numbers.

No idea, I have zero inside information on future Callaway releases, but it would not surprise me to see an update to the Rogue line in 2020 or possibly a new line that is priced $200-300 less than the Apex line. A Pro model, a GI and an SGI around the $800-1000 price point would make sense.

Agree, I have no info; but would not surprise me to see a Rogue line refresh next year...

I’m with this plan. Greek lettering instead of typical iron numbers.

At least no one would say "Man they've really loft jacked this Tau iron" LOL!!!

Agree, I have no info; but would not surprise me to see a Rogue line refresh next year...

It's probably going to be called whatever the new drivers are called though right? If they are not Rogue Flash, then the new irons will get a new name IMO.

Back