Callaway Epic Forged Irons

I am a bit disappointed I did not make the fitting yesterday seeing this new pictures, they look quite nice and the sole is not wide as I was expecting.

Maybe next weekend it will happen, I have had good luck with steel fibers in the past but not that light so it would come down to shaft options for me if they worked out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’m a fan. Big time fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was asked for in another thread.

557e86ae93841b1f0f06ba0a66b1af77.jpg

3416fc11107a085a2372a0cb437f204e.jpg

a824c5efa187f66c0fd49baee92ce2ed.jpg

5b1dad82300f30502b24f0f49795b832.jpg

e13aa6ffd74dd8e1a2fa3b704b638c35.jpg

cbea30acba3d4158aa89963b4f28320c.jpg

f04c63fda7dc5fe9ccdf975391e42994.jpg

sole looks really darn similar to epic forged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the comparison @Canadan!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Those are great looking heads.

Those all look amazing, can’t wait to run them through hitting to see which wins out (spoiler alert - I’m likely not going to be able to hit the apex pros, but a guy can dream)

They really do look pretty fantastic in hand. There’s nothing ‘cheap’ or ‘awkward’ about the black PVD section on the clubhead either.

The full package has an outstanding visual presence. Very much in that hollow body profile while hiding some of the larger depths of the overall design.

Very well done from a design standpoint in my books.

They really do look pretty fantastic in hand. There’s nothing ‘cheap’ or ‘awkward’ about the black PVD section on the clubhead either.

The full package has an outstanding visual presence. Very much in that hollow body profile while hiding some of the larger depths of the overall design.

Very well done from a design standpoint in my books.

.... did you guys hit them ?

.... did you guys hit them ?

We had only the 7i used in the pictures in for now so we didn’t take it out.

Went in for a club fitting today and my coach says I'm going to let you hit an iron that's stupid. So we go through the fitting and I'm hitting my new 7i 172 carry compared to 151 with my old ping eye 2. At this point im tired and he runs and gets the new callway iron and says swing it. I Carried 190 to 198 on five swings. Crazy! He swings it and is carrying it 205 to 212.

That's where we are at in technology.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Who ever had those spin numbers up earlier for the 7 iron, that's low for a 7 iron. Out on the course where conditions tend to take spin away I find low spinning irons to be dangerous for distance control.

Examples like grass getting between club and ball, water, mud, downhill lies.

All that being said GOOGLY MOOGLY THEY GO FAR

I think the black section on these looks awesome. I am concerned about how it’ll look 6 months-year down the line, as it’s still PVD. Though DNevs did mention on the fitting room that it’s a much thicker coat than usually goes on there, so might not be subject to chatter.

I really like the look of these irons overall. And if they performed I wouldn’t really care if that started to get a “patina”.

I am curious. How many THPers would buy these irons if they yielded 15 yards more distance, equally as good dispersion and the same ability to hold greens as your current irons? In other words, is 15 yards worth an additional $1,000?

Last edited:
I am curious. How many THPers would buy these irons if they yielded 15 yards more distance, equally as good dispersion and the same ability to hold greens than your current irons? In other words, is 15 yards worth an additional $1,000?

I’d be hitting a 165 yard PW, so heck yeah I would! Haha

Would also factor in appearance, feel, and weight. If i gain 15 yards per club and it feels better and look better than my current set, yes, I'd save my pennies and look for discounts/pre-owned opportunities

I am curious. How many THPers would buy these irons if they yielded 15 yards more distance, equally as good dispersion and the same ability to hold greens than your current irons? In other words, is 15 yards worth an additional $1,000?

100% Yes.

The only issue I see is that $1000 may be more due to possible changes in other clubs to accommodate gapping. Or not - possble loft changes in Hybrids, etc may fix it. I really want to hit these things!

Last edited:
Yeah that's an easy yes for me if dollars didn't matter. Top of the bag shrinks a bit too. Easier irons less fairways and hybrids? Sure.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Sign me up.

Take my $$$ now!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Who ever had those spin numbers up earlier for the 7 iron, that's low for a 7 iron. Out on the course where conditions tend to take spin away I find low spinning irons to be dangerous for distance control.

Examples like grass getting between club and ball, water, mud, downhill lies.

All that being said GOOGLY MOOGLY THEY GO FAR

I absolutely love the prospect of low spin in the 4 or 2 iron range. With how attractive these are, despite the price, I'd definitely give them a run at that bag position.

I am hitting my 8 iron about 170 right now give or take a couple yards. The gapping would be horrifying if I added another 15 lmao

I am hitting my 8 iron about 170 right now give or take a couple yards. The gapping would be horrifying if I added another 15 lmao

The good news is that you would be 4 iron, 7 iron into par 5's and your bag will be lighter when walking.:act-up: so you got that goin for ya.

Back