Callaway Epic Forged Irons

Getting to grips with these on the range anyway. Used a range I don't really like today and the balls were like rocks (good for off center feedback).

For me, really good contact grouping on the Wedge.

bb66155ed10f04dbc1b86ee4aa917b2a.jpg

A bit near the toe but felt good with range rocks.

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Getting to grips with these on the range anyway. Used a range I don't really like today and the balls were like rocks (good for off Venter feedback).

For me, really good contact grouping on the Wedge.

bb66155ed10f04dbc1b86ee4aa917b2a.jpg

A bit near the toe but felt good with range rocks.

A

Nice, but the toe thing would bother me with a blade. I got rid of that by being more careful as to how I address the ball - I was addressing it towards the toe by not paying attention, so guess what happened? ... then I addressed it to the center, slightly on heel side where most wedges have their center.

Nice, but the toe thing would bother me with a blade. I got rid of that by being more careful as to how I address the ball - I was addressing it towards the toe by not paying attention, so guess what happened? ... then I addressed it to the center, slightly on heel side where most wedges have their center.
Thanks, good advice. Lesson next week so will discuss with my Pro (amongst other things...)

A

Thanks, good advice. Lesson next week so will discuss with my Pro (amongst other things...)

A

My pro videoed my swing and I saw what I was doing. He said, "I meant to talk with you about that."

Make sure you are not "reaching" when you set up at address, put the club where it belongs and see what happens. If it's not the way you address the ball you could be pulling your hands away (closer to you) during the swing.

Has anyone found these work well for chipping?

My first real practice with them for chipping I found they went much further than my old clubs and my Sureout.

I struggled for consistency, some really good ones and some horrible. Probably mainly my technique but was wondering about the THP view?

Thanks

A

Has anyone found these work well for chipping?

My first real practice with them for chipping I found they went much further than my old clubs and my Sureout.

I struggled for consistency, some really good ones and some horrible. Probably mainly my technique but was wondering about the THP view?

Thanks

A

What club where you chipping with? and how far where you chipping? I used the PW quite frequently and didn't have issues.

What club where you chipping with? and how far where you chipping? I used the PW quite frequently and didn't have issues.
Using the AW from 15 to 20 yards from the pin. A variety of lies but it was wet and muddy.

My feeling is that it's me. Chipping has never been my strong suit. If others are fine with these then I'm all set for more practice. Probably get a mat for home and into the garden for 1/2 hour a day...

A

Using the AW from 15 to 20 yards from the pin. A variety of lies but it was wet and muddy.

My feeling is that it's me. Chipping has never been my strong suit. If others are fine with these then I'm all set for more practice. Probably get a mat for home and into the garden for 1/2 hour a day...

A

Good plan, spend some time with them. I never had any issues really chipping with them. They may be a bit firmer than a specialty wedge (say like a Vokey or a Cleveland wedge) but you should be able to adjust.

Good plan, spend some time with them. I never had any issues really chipping with them. They may be a bit firmer than a specialty wedge (say like a Vokey or a Cleveland wedge) but you should be able to adjust.

Agree with Snicks here; they work well for me with chipping. Approach shots I struggled a bit but that was mostly my swing not the clubs!

Bought the matching 4i with Steelfiber FC90 in the CPO 30% off sale (and they gave me an extra 10%)

Arrived this morning and took it out for my quick 6 holes. Idea is to use it when it’s windy instead of the 3W.

Teed it up on the 9th (my 6th) to see how it went. Two practice swings and knocked it 200 yards into the bunker. Flight was low and I toed it a bit but pretty happy with the shot shape and feel.

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back