Callaway Epic Forged Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I love the look of these! I'm in the market for new irons either the end of this year or start of next, so I'll definitely be hitting these. Wincing a little at the pricing though, think they might be a little out of my league with that.

I like the look, but not so keen on the price

The new Epic irons are out of my price range but it's great to see Callaway challenge technology limitations.

Look a lot better than the original Epics IMO. I'm sure these will be good because the originals were.

At first I thought it was an odd time for an iron release, but then remembered someone else just released their irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad looking setup, other than the price tag. Of course this line isn’t meant to be inexpensive. I’m a little surprised they pulled tech from the Apex lineup for these, if have figured it would be the other way around.

Nice write up.
I want these, I like everything about them,
Looks, tech even the steel fiber shaft pairing.
Even the $300 price point.

Very sleek look to these. They have a very high end esthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
9e2d6d4e3354fbb34e15d251dd5e1c4f.jpg

The price doesn’t sit well with me. And I hate that it’s all my brain can focus on with this release...

These are absolutely incredible looking. This set is right up my alley.

These check all the boxes in terms of looks for me. I’m surprised an iron release this soon, but not complaining for options.

I think ultimately the price point will deter many, but hope they perform as advertised.

Wow I love the two tone scheme, plus the simple clean crisp lines.. those are some sexy iron!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These check all the boxes in terms of looks for me. I’m surprised an iron release this soon, but not complaining for options.

I think ultimately the price point will deter many, but hope they perform as advertised.

June of 2017 was the Epic release, so technically these are a bit later than 2 year refresh.
Although I know there was no Apex that year, so the mix up makes sense.
It seems that each line is on a 2+ year release cycle right now and hopefully they continue to make it clear what the differentiator between lines is. They have done a good job of that in the past.

The price doesn’t sit well with me. And I hate that it’s all my brain can focus on with this release...

You know, I think that’s going to be the nature of this one. They set out to go ”ultra premium” and it’s exactly what they’ve done. They know these won’t be irons that everyone runs out and buys.

I’m in the camp of the price being shocking, but, I also know letting R&D go to wild has to have a cost.

Surprised not more comments on the stock ‘steel’ shaft.

These clubs look amazing and the tech (as always with Callaway) is certainly there, but that price...wow!! Why too steep for me!

They look fine I suppose, but a 41-degree pitching wedge and 18-degree 4-iron? Yikes!

I like the look of these.
Like the lighter weight steel fiber shaft options.
Do not like the price whatsoever. I didn't see these out in the wild at $250 an iron at a club who's members seem to game a fair share of Callaway gear so guessing I won't see many at $300 an iron.

I like the look of these.
Like the lighter weight steel fiber shaft options.
Do not like the price whatsoever. I didn't see these out in the wild at $250 an iron at a club who's members seem to game a fair share of Callaway gear so guessing I won't see many at $300 an iron.

Probably not, but that’s not the goal with these, to me this is the same as the PXG and similar market space, ultra high end. Not many average folk will take the leap, but there are those who will because money is no object....now where do I sign up to make money no object in life? Haha

They look good. Tech sounds impressive. Price tag is hefty.

They look fine I suppose, but a 41-degree pitching wedge and 18-degree 4-iron? Yikes!

Buuuuuuut with the suspended weight technology and how they’ve been able to move the mass, of the lofts didn’t come down they would balloon like crazy. I know some don’t believe that, but it’s a true reason we have seen lofts come down like they have.

Probably not, but that’s not the goal with these, to me this is the same as the PXG and similar market space, ultra high end. Not many average folk will take the leap, but there are those who will because money is no object....now where do I sign up to make money no object in life? Haha

The interesting part is we have seen numerous companies go to this point and will see a few more before the year is out.
We just had one go to $500 per iron already.

Should be interesting to see how well received these are because of the price. Seems like the performance will be there but I'm not sure there is a big enough difference maker over some of the other companies offerings at the moment but time will tell. Great write up James!!

Back