Callaway Epic Forged Irons

Was able to play a few holes last night. Additional thoughts:

Flight: What a difference a day makes with the CSX (instead of range balls) and maybe a better swing (maybe a combo of both) but I was able to flight 6 - 4 irons much higher. I am no longer concerned about the ability to hold greens anymore than I would be with any other 6 - 4 iron I've gamed. The carry is still very impressive.

Spin: Unfortunately with the holes I was able to play, even playing an iron off the tee, I only hit the AW into greens. Spin was very similar to my Apex PW. I plan to update when I get more experience with the longer irons into greens.

Distance and dispersion are fantastic. Caught a cpl of these chunky because I tried to absolutely murder the ball, which is stupid. These just go with a smooth swing.

Also these clubs may not be for everyone (especially with the price tag). But if you are looking for a driving iron and do not try the Epic Forged 4 iron you are doing your game a major injustice. The 4 iron off the tee is just fantastic. I try not to get into specific distances b/c we are all different, but the carry w this club is starting to get very close to my 3 wood off the tee.

Again, these irons are going to take some rounds to get comfortable with but the early results make me very excited.

@canadan getting a rundown on the irons with DNevs.

53f5719a6ac28e174a2163342383d601.jpg

Love me some Dnevs info. Also, I like that Dan matches his shoelaces to his vest.

Yo DNevs and Dan! That should be a interesting convo of tech and specs.

Can't wait to get the rundown.

Remember being in that studio like it was yesterday.

Gosh I can’t WAIT to get there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, unless I make the last 3 spots for the Grandaddy, I won't be able to afford these in the bag. :( They do look good though.

Well, unless I make the last 3 spots for the Grandaddy, I won't be able to afford these in the bag. :( They do look good though.

Don't stop trying

I got 5-aw. So, effortless on the range compared to my Blueprints. Cant wait for my first round tomorrow.

I got 5-aw. So, effortless on the range compared to my Blueprints. Cant wait for my first round tomorrow.

Wow, going from Blueprints to Epic Forged is almost a 180. Looking forward to your thoughts...

5-AW ordered, should have them in a week. But if course will have the right hand stitched up so it might be a few days to hit them.

Into the fray I go...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wow, going from Blueprints to Epic Forged is almost a 180. Looking forward to your thoughts...

It's like playing golf in an entirely different world.

Wish we'd had time to hit them today. They are visually impressive with the tech story to back it up.

I can’t wait to see the video content from this one. I’ll admit these irons have my interest from a tech standpoint.

Looking forward to the video on these irons, a lot of great features but damn would be a gut punch to the wallet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How do these compare to the standard Apex CF19's? I think the CF19's are one of the nicest feeling clubs that I've ever played. Distance wise, they are everything I'd hoped for. Dispersion is also very good. Anyone think it's worth the upgrade to the Epic Forged?

How do these compare to the standard Apex CF19's? I think the CF19's are one of the nicest feeling clubs that I've ever played. Distance wise, they are everything I'd hoped for. Dispersion is also very good. Anyone think it's worth the upgrade to the Epic Forged?

I have hit both. I think the CF19s feel softer. The Epic Forged are longer and more forgiving, in my opinion.

First round with these today after having owned CF19, Apex pro19 and Blueprints this year. All.I know is the Epic forged have extended my range to hit greens. All I care about is how much easier it is to hit these from 180 yds plus. Dont really care about the lofts , these make golf fun.

First round with these today after having owned CF19, Apex pro19 and Blueprints this year. All.I know is the Epic forged have extended my range to hit greens. All I care about is how much easier it is to hit these from 180 yds plus. Dont really care about the lofts , these make golf fun.

The bottom line for all of us internet golfers is to have fun. If certain equipment makes it more fun, that is what matters.

Now this is the spirit! I hope they keep working well for you.

Great to hear bud! Enjoy the game! That's what matters.

dab74fd6d7b23801b45bbe02818e8d24.jpg

Played with @wildcat4life this morning. He let me try his new epic 8 iron. After I smoked it straight down the range I just handed him his club back laughing. Amazing feel and effortless.

Played with @wildcat4life this morning. He let me try his new epic 8 iron. After I smoked it straight down the range I just handed him his club back laughing. Amazing feel and effortless.

Oh I am so excited to get mine in!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Took me a few holes to get these dialed in. A shorter backswing and straight smoke on the back nine. These can absolutely be incredible distance but the beauty is in able to control the distance.

Took me a few holes to get these dialed in. A shorter backswing and straight smoke on the back nine. These can absolutely be incredible distance but the beauty is in able to control the distance.

That is awesome you are loving your new toys. I hope it keeps getting better for you every round!

Back