Mizuno MP-20 Irons

I’m really interested to see what shafts Mizzy adds to their lineup. The wedges come stock with S400 tour issue and apparently the MMCs come stock with KBS $Tapers.

I would be thrilled if Modus 125 get thrown in as an option too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modus 125 is available as an upcharge shaft.

Attachments

• 7280E08E-6177-402C-9562-878C85D76AD1.jpeg
    7280E08E-6177-402C-9562-878C85D76AD1.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 11

Wow..... awesome! It will be nearly impossible for me to resist a set of these irons.

Do you happen to know if these options will be added to the swing DNA analyzer? Just curious if they will map them into the system.

I’m really interested to see what shafts Mizzy adds to their lineup. The wedges come stock with S400 tour issue and apparently the MMCs come stock with KBS $Tapers.

I would be thrilled if Modus 125 get thrown in as an option too!

Also a pic shown in the WRX article - easy to find.

Last edited:
I just got to review this. OMG there are HMB (Hot Metal Blades)!?!?!?!?!

:banana:

I can’t wait to hit these. Looking forward to the HMB long irons. I’ve got a five iron who hated me.

Will be getting a whole set of the HMB's. These have me excited! FANTASTIC looking MP-20 line from Mizuno.

Just gave away my year old set of MPH5 to my playing partner. Just in time

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the HMB will be as soft as the regular MP20 or MMC?

Does anyone know if the HMB will be as soft as the regular MP20 or MMC?

Only way to know that, will be to go demo them. Sound/feel is different for all of us.

Only way to know that, will be to go demo them. Sound/feel is different for all of us.

This should help. I too want these HMB but I am concerned about the feel of hollow irons. Seems really promising and now I am even more so excited!

From Vosh regarding the HMB.

"Feel is every bit an MP iron. Much more so than the previous MP-18 Fli-Hi and H5s. It's the reason we went to Forged and Copper Underlay (two things neither of those had). H4 was forged, and for those that hit it, had a softer feel than either of the other two mentioned. Closer to that, feel wise, but even softer based on the Copper.
Regarding on how "Players" it is vs some of the competition, this was designed to fit into the MP family. Offsets, while they "measure" higher in the short irons, offset is a measurement that can be very misleading as the hosel transition plays a huge role in how it actually looks. As was pointed out previously, Mizuno tends to "measure" higher in offset, but the look is hidden. They are designed to flow into a set of muscle backs and MMC in that when the lofts are matched up, the offsets are too. And in terms of face design, these are designed for face consistency vs the max COR designs we see throughout this category in the industry. We want consistent ball speeds across the face, not massive in the middle.
Truly expect this to be the most "players" club in what is beginning to be a very crowded category of hollow forgings. Which, by the way, we may be the only one of those that have a forged face and neck, where the forging really matters."

Well wow. These look absolutely stunning. I already have a set of blades, but I really want to check these out. Black stapers will look awesome with them.

I still think a full set of HMB's call me.

Jman;n8875435 said:

Interesting discussion with UST last week regarding this set as well as another shaft manufacturer. Both places urged people to try the HMBs before ordering (Mizuno has a fun shaft optimizer that works well). Its quite different than a lot of the hollow body chassis that exist currently.

JB;n8875442 said:
Interesting discussion with UST last week regarding this set as well as another shaft manufacturer. Both places urged people to try the HMBs before ordering (Mizuno has a fun shaft optimizer that works well). Its quite different than a lot of the hollow body chassis that exist currently.

That's honestly a lot of my hope, really hoping we see a little more spin on these than my previous go rounds with hollow body irons. But, I know I'm among the minority in wanting that.

Jman;n8875809 said:
That's honestly a lot of my hope, really hoping we see a little more spin on these than my previous go rounds with hollow body irons. But, I know I'm among the minority in wanting that.

I have a call setup for next week (when I return from trip) with Chris Voshall. I have a series of tech questions for him, as I always do, so that should be fun.

Jman;n8875435 said:

I want to put them head to head against HMP. Bad.

Need to figure out when my course is getting the demo head and less mediocre shaft options lmao

JB;n8875818 said:
I have a call setup for next week (when I return from trip) with Chris Voshall. I have a series of tech questions for him, as I always do, so that should be fun.

Fun things always come with a convo with Vosh. I look forward to it, I figure with the way the 919's have done, these new MP's are sure to catch some eyes.

I know what would fix my game - new MP20s now!

I have successfully tempered my HMP focus. Now fully engaged on when my pro shop can get the HMB demos in so I can start experiencing them.

Canadan;n8879307 said:
I have successfully tempered my HMP focus. Now fully engaged on when my pro shop can get the HMB demos in so I can start experiencing them.

I'll probably just buy the effing things.

Jman;n8879313 said:
I'll probably just buy the effing things.

That is a solid plan. Pretty sure the demo heads will be in the shop the day after my birthday (9/13) which is probably a good thing because I do weird things on my birthday hahahaha

Waiting for the pre-sale date is tough.

Last edited:
I want I want I want!!

itd be nice if I was good enough to play them too:)

Hitting stores soon, anybody pre-ordering or set up a fitting? Which set jumps out?

Back