Mizuno MP-20 Irons

JB;n8882148 said:
Hitting stores soon, anybody pre-ordering or set up a fitting? Which set jumps out?

I plan on preordering a set of the lefty specials.

I'm interested to hit these against my Apex to see what the feel is like with that copper. For some reason I haven't been blown away by their recent releases but this one is pretty interesting.

JB;n8882148 said:
Hitting stores soon, anybody pre-ordering or set up a fitting? Which set jumps out?

I'm going full set of HMB's from 4-PW. Also have my eye on the MMC's in maybe 7-PW but I want to see how the full set of HMB work out first. Regardless the HMB's will be in the bag for 4i-6i. I can't wait...haven't been this excited about a new club release...ever!

Not having actually seen them yet, I’d pre-ponder a set of MMC 4-7 and MB 8-PW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say to those also pondering the Ultimate Weekend of Golf, there will be at least one set of these present, for a lucky THPer to take home. Since everybody gets a set of irons.

Shut the front door. That is awesome.

KEV;n8882262 said:
For some reason I haven't been blown away by their recent releases but this one is pretty interesting.

i’m with you here. hit recent releases a few times and found the feel severely lacking for what i expected. but they sure do make some beautiful looking sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JB;n8882361 said:
I can say to those also pondering the Ultimate Weekend of Golf, there will be at least one set of these present, for a lucky THPer to take home. Since everybody gets a set of irons.

That is nutty.

Wont lie, big ponder right now is the set makeup if I order a set.

With so many options for blending it's going to be hard to choose something. Will need to see them in person for deciding where and how to blend them. Very curious to see the sole width and blade length of the different sets.

M2Giles;n8889393 said:
Wont lie, big ponder right now is the set makeup if I order a set.

With so many options for blending it's going to be hard to choose something. Will need to see them in person for deciding where and how to blend them. Very curious to see the sole width and blade length of the different sets.

I’m silly tempted to just say eff it and go full HMB.

Not at all a need, but dammit the tech and story behind these combined with the looks....

I am looking forward to reviews of the HMB’s once the apparent embargo ends. 18 mmc’s have changed how I play with very consistent distances and outcomes. They also give me helpful feedback on different ball strikes. But there are some things I would like to see changed. I would like a softer impact feel and a little more forgiveness for my toe miss. And a touch more distance wouldn’t hurt. The 20 HMB’s are hinting in that direction.

Canadan;n8890185 said:
Just over two weeks til my course gets their demo heads in.

CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

I wish my course had Mizuno carts! I am really looking forward to finding a set to hit, but it will probably be near impossible until Club Champion gets them in.

Hit the HMB and MMC this weekend - man these feel good...that copper must be doing something right. Went in thinking combo set but honestly just based of the 7 iron I hit the HMB better, it felt just as good and the looks I can deal with. Was super forgiving on toe hits I found, looks a little more compact than the 919 forged but a little bigger than my MP 53's. The MMC's look great - honestly could probably play them if I had to or even down to like the 5 or 6 but not sure it is needed. They did not have the whole set in to see how bulky the HMB's get in the lower irons but overall these both felt really good. I was hitting off mats, but I thought the turf interaction was better for my swing with the HMB's over the JPX 919 forged and the MMC's - ponder mode is about to begin.

I really want the SEL set. Unfortunately my tree falling on the power lines today takes the $1,300 set aside for that and goes to taking down the rest of the tree.

Boo being responsible...

Starting to see "reviews" coming out for MP-20. TXG has a fitting video. Mizuno Canada guy getting fit with Mizuno Chris ~helping, but still nice to see some swings and data.

Just ordered the SEL set. Can’t wait.

The reviews for the HMB's are absurdly good. I am seriously intrigued by them. Sound right up my alley. Look amazing.

Lions81;n8899776 said:
The reviews for the HMB's are absurdly good. I am seriously intrigued by them. Sound right up my alley. Look amazing.

Early reviews of Mizuno Irons always are.

JB;n8899793 said:

I’m just hoping the MP 20 line isn’t like the MP 18s where the initial reviews were glowing and then I started to see less praise as time went on.

JB;n8899793 said:

I'm excited to give them a try when they come out. Hope THP gets a set in for review.

Lions81;n8899822 said:
I'm excited to give them a try when they come out. Hope THP gets a set in for review.

As we mentioned, we will have them for our Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper.

I.

Must.

Hit.

HMB.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

Jman;n8899835 said:
I.

Must.

Hit.

HMB.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

I know have to play the waiting game on them shipped.

Back