How much concern should this cause..?

Wow...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would not switch back to Chromesoft, but I would find another brand/ball to play, such as Srixon, Bridgestone, TM , Volvik etc....
There are pictures of Srixons in this thread with issues, so they are out.

There's a report (with pictures) of 9/12 Bridgestones in a box failing the float test, so they are out.

Better hope TM, Volvik and the like perform for you on the course...and that people don't cut too many of them in half either.

There's a report (with pictures) of 9/12 Bridgestones in a box failing the float test, so they are out.

Better hope TM, Volvik and the like perform for you on the course...and that people don't cut too many of them in half either.

The best bet is find something *truly* obscure that nobody will bother to cut open and post.

The best bet is find something *truly* obscure that nobody will bother to cut open and post.

I've cut open foam practice balls, the Almost practice ball, rockflite range balls, what's left

Not sure exactly what they are being "honest" about. They are "honestly" always working to improve their factory and to produce quality products. Well, yeah, I'm sure they are. But there's no actual information there at all.
I should probably have used the word transparency but I was referring to the fact that the company had already put out a statement yet Mr. Finley saw the importance to come in here and comment on what they were working on. They didn't try to sweep it under the rug or minimalize the source.. They owned the issue and are working to reduce those escapes.
Until you see the first photo of the Srixon that looks bad.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
That was the zstar-xv correct? I believe the balls which seem to suffer from the really off-center core issues are the ones using that tiny center core. Balls with the larger core don't seem as bad and I believe the zstar has a bigger core so it may still be an option.
So far the Kirkland balls that have been cut open (there are a lot on social media) all look good.. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wilson Spongebob’s it is!

Or any 2 piece ball for that matter, since there is nothing much to be off centered...
Now hopefully people don't start cutting club heads, shafts, etc open. I mean that Bryson video we posted has some interesting shaft info.

Hey, I've floated 10 Chromesoft X Triple Track and they were all perfect. Plus they fly long and straight, great ball.

Back in the 90's when I started playing, some places including my then home course had these reprehensible "one piece" range balls. I mean those suckers were as cheap as you can make something and still call it a golf ball. Just a solid block of some kind of plastic/rubber stuff with dimples molded on the outside.

Those were immune to non-centered cores although I'm pretty sure some of them were nowhere near round. Anyway, once the dimples wore down a bit even the round ones were crooked as Hogan's goat.

Having Jason Finley jump in the thread with some perspective and clarity is all class, especially to this overblown situation. Considering most of us don't understand the tolerance to performance relationship anyway, I'm not changing what I play because of a minor QC miss in manufacturing.

I can also guarantee that the greatest impact to my shot performance is my club delivery. I'll focus on manufacturing a consistent swing and leave the ball manufacturing to the pros. I say play what you like. CSX TT for me all day everyday. Hopefully no one is cutting open any of those in perfectly good condition. Just send them my way if you're concerned.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

From here on out it's VGolf Icicles or nothing at all. I was given a sleeve for using a promo at a golf course in Temecula and after deciding I wasted too many Chromesofts on the front nine I switched to the Icicles and shot 2 over on the back. You have to whisper "Icicles" on every shot though or they don't work.

icicles.jpg

**** it. I’m going back to XL3000’s.

I see where this is going but under no circumstances will I agree to ever play a Nitro ball.

I see where this is going but under no circumstances will I agree to ever play a Nitro ball.

I'm almost afraid to pick them up when I see them. I don't want any of that bad juju to rub off on me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Slazenger

I have a couple Money balls in my garage the I keep around for scrabbles. I would try to cut it in half, but I am afraid it will break my cutter.

Back