How much concern should this cause..?

I'm pretty sure I've still got a few dozen Strata Professional Balata balls in the garage.

How much concern should this cause..?

Probably none.

**** it. I’m going back to XL3000’s.

I hear they make them in a one-piece now so no need to worry about the core being centered.:act-up:

Having Jason Finley jump in the thread with some perspective and clarity is all class, especially to this overblown situation. Considering most of us don't understand the tolerance to performance relationship anyway, I'm not changing what I play because of a minor QC miss in manufacturing.

I can also guarantee that the greatest impact to my shot performance is my club delivery. I'll focus on manufacturing a consistent swing and leave the ball manufacturing to the pros. I say play what you like. CSX TT for me all day everyday. Hopefully no one is cutting open any of those in perfectly good condition. Just send them my way if you're concerned.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Can you please tell me what page I could find that on? The only post I could find was one where he said what anyone other person would say when placed in that unfortunate position, nothing.

I'm sure most if not all ball manufacturers have the same issues but the guff in this thread because the manufacturer is callaway speaks volumes. You can say what you want but those balls are a FAIL, hardly a minor miss QC miss.

I have a couple Money balls in my garage the I keep around for scrabbles. I would try to cut it in half, but I am afraid it will break my cutter.
Found one at Play it again on Tuesday. Also a Hogan 392!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hello all, sorry for jumping in late to this conversation. While there is LOTS I would want to say, I will try and keep it brief and too the point.

First of all, we absolutely do not like to see any quality issues with any of our products. But, to most of the conversation here, there can be escapes and that is what we work tremendously hard to avoid. That is what happened in this situation. We are in the midst of a MULTI YEAR capital improvement plan at our plant in Chicopee, MA which will mean we will be able to offer even greater performance and quality. Combined with the incredible R&D resources we have working on bringing new Innovations to market, we are even more excited about our Golf Ball Business.

Do we test several of our competitor products as well and know much about performance and quality of them, yes. Will we talk about them, very rarely. My choice is to focus on what we do and our business and market share - if they would like to spend more time on us, that is their choice.

Bottom line, for what it's worth, we are improving EVERY DAY and striving to have world class products while driving performance differences and innovations in the category. Thank you for your support. Look forward to having a couple THP members to Chicopee in a few months to show off what we have done!

Bumping for awesomeness.

Bumping for awesomeness.

Thank you for proving my point.

As for the awesomeness, how exactly do you figure that? As for the issue, he brushed over it with the words "escapes". It would have been awesome if he came out and said it was embarrassing that this got through and clearly the product was not up to scratch, he was not close to saying either one of those.

As for the awesomeness, how exactly do you figure that? As for the issue, he brushed over it with the words "escapes". It would have been awesome if he came out and said it was embarrassing that this got through and clearly the product was not up to scratch, he was not close to saying either one of those.

I think it's awesome that someone at a company like Callaway in a role like Finley's is willing to come in and talk to us about their product.

As for the QC? I still say play what works. If it's a Callaway, and it's always been a Callaway, this shouldn't alarm.

If you went out and shot a PB with a ball, and then learned the core was off center, does it make the round any less special? For all we know, that little bit of being off center does absolutely nothing with regards to performance. We have no idea of knowing, because there are so many other moving parts in the golf swing, the average player isn't going to be able to know what caused a bad shot, cause they couldn't make the same swing again anyway.

Found one at Play it again on Tuesday. Also a Hogan 392!

I used to play Hogan 392's- wound Surlyn if I recall? You should cut that one and post!

I used to play Hogan 392's- wound Surlyn if I recall? You should cut that one and post!
Passed up on it, dug half a dozen ProV1s out a couple Tour B RX and some MTB's for $5 a dozen. Can't complain

Every company has escapees. We could throw MOST others aside from Callaway under the same bus. And there is precious little actual statistical information behind the indictments and mudslinging. Expecting perfection is unreasonable.

It takes a lot more than a MGS thread to "shame" a golf ball company into the sort of multi-year, capital intensive investment project I trust and believe they were already working on long ago. All companies do such things periodically. On the other hand, Callaway chooses to be consistently engaged with their customer as a primary focus and makes products that better our golf experience, and that speaks volumes about values and culture.

Can you please tell me what page I could find that on? The only post I could find was one where he said what anyone other person would say when placed in that unfortunate position, nothing.

I'm sure most if not all ball manufacturers have the same issues but the guff in this thread because the manufacturer is callaway speaks volumes. You can say what you want but those balls are a FAIL, hardly a minor miss QC miss.

Isn’t that what Jason said though? They’re escapes - they should have failed QC but didn’t - that’s a term of art in manufacturing, not necessarily a euphemism. I’ve worked in fields where things need to be at ridiculous tolerances, and you’ll be surprised at how far past tolerance things will end up occasionally. And yes, they should be caught, which is what he said.

Isn’t that what Jason said though? They’re escapes - they should have failed QC but didn’t - that’s a term of art in manufacturing, not necessarily a euphemism. I’ve worked in fields where things need to be at ridiculous tolerances, and you’ll be surprised at how far past tolerance things will end up occasionally. And yes, they should be caught, which is what he said.

Like most things, if it were easy, everyone would do it.

Bought a dozen Bridgestone Tour B RX yellow today, been wanting to try this ball after seeing that Bridgestone ball fitting thread with Canadan getting fit into this ball. Not sure it’s the right ball for me, but it’s in the bag for this weekends rounds. We’ll see what happens tomorrow and Sunday.

Floated them today in the spirit of this thread, happy to report all 12 passed.

Made in Georgia says the box.

67cb8cd0d912bcb0794e3ecf8ba6d2c1.jpg

6d517295c9867e3b32ed42cbb1a31b6f.jpg

fc25c4a1ce9405d6b903840c1c7896fe.jpg

94e782f2680c0922491b29ff85f798fc.jpg

a229425f95aa524446d9aa6670d257b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you want them to float differently after spinning them. If they float to same spot all the time, it's unbalanced.

Kinda interesting that two of the most discerning golfers (Tiger and Dechambizzle) when it comes to gear choose to play Bridgestone

Hmmmn

I knew they either were or were not supposed to float to the top. I was sure it was one or the other of those ;-)

E678B61D-635D-405A-B44D-BA5FCE0B16AC.gif

Bought one of these Check go ball spinners years ago and have spun over a thousand balls over the years, including Titleist, Srixon, Bridgestone, Callaway, TaylorMade... have had less than 2 dozen that did not come to the same place on multiple spins.

This spins the ball so that the heavy side comes to the equator. Then the idea was to use the line to roll the heavy side end over end to encourage the ball to roll straighter. If the heavy side is on the right or left, the ball will tend to roll off in that direction. Also good to line up on the tee.

I am old enough to remember the original TopFlite that would do a little dance as it launched.

Don’t think this is something that is limited to Callaway. It may have been less of an issue with the old wound balls, but didn’t have the Check go then.

Back