How much concern should this cause..?

Am I alone in the fact that it’s all just noise to me and really doesn’t show me anything?

It doesn't bother me truthfully because I don't know if I've ever hit a ball and thought to myself that the core might be out of whack. I'm not saying internal construction is not important, but hell I've got a lot to blame on poor scores before I look at the inside of the golf ball.

It doesn't bother me truthfully because I don't know if I've ever hit a ball and thought to myself that the core might be out of whack. I'm not saying internal construction is not important, but hell I've got a lot to blame on poor scores before I look at the inside of the golf ball.
This mirrors my feeling as well. If I could ever get my swing variance to 1/100th of the standard for this product I’d be a happy happy golfer.

problem with it is that after the posting of the update that Callaway CEO spoke with them about it and they post about it and it adds fuel to the disruption machine that Adam is. The comments are downright ridiculous. It's golf Scientology with them sometimes.

Why care then? It’s what is wanted.

I just read thru this thread....headed to my garage to cut a chrome soft in half out of curiosity. I'm 99.9999% sure it will be perfect and I will be wasting a perfectly good ball.
I might do it with a ball that's scuffed beyond my liking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This mirrors my feeling as well. If I could ever get my swing variance to 1/100th of the standard for this product I’d be a happy happy golfer.

I’m actually on the other end of the spectrum here, not saying I’ve ever blamed a bad shot on an out of balance golf ball or it’s even crossed my mind, but any variable I can get out of the game of golf I gladly will. I hit enough bad shots that I’ll own up to, but I absolutely want those bad shots to be my fault. Especially after paying a premium price for a product.

This is in no way an indictment on Chromesoft golf balls, I’ve played them and played well with them, just my feelings on equipment in general and having confidence in the equipment I have in my bag. Doesn’t really matter if it’s the heads, shafts, grips, or the balls.

Why care then? It’s what is wanted.

true but then misinformation gets spread from it that trickles down and it's just down right stupid some of the stuff that gets said which is why I question them about the transparency he so loudly proclaims to seek. Plus as I've never hid before I have personal connections to Callaway brand beyond any event or giveaway they've done that I choose to stand up for in whatever small way I can.

true but then misinformation gets spread from it that trickles down and it's just down right stupid some of the stuff that gets said which is why I question them about the transparency he so loudly proclaims to seek. Plus as I've never hid before I have personal connections to Callaway brand beyond any event or giveaway they've done that I choose to stand up for in whatever small way I can.

lol, never said to go hide.

But for being so against all that they stand for, reacting is exactly what they seek. Fact.

lol, never said to go hide.

But for being so against all that they stand for, reacting is exactly what they seek. Fact.

You gotta love people bemoaning the MGS guys getting attention they don't deserve...and bemoaning it in a 13+ page thread on another forum.

One thought that keeps creeping in to my head is I'm such a mental case that the last thing I need is to be questioning if my ball is off balance, I don't care what the brand is.

One thought that keeps creeping in to my head is I'm such a mental case that the last thing I need is to be questioning if my ball is off balance, I don't care what the brand is.

So spin them like Bryson.

Callaway has responded on Twitter for those that care or dont

So spin them like Bryson.

c35f976a10d65360b0ffc417a82803ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a man ahead of the game!

No reason to cut open golf balls at $4 a pop...same thing Bryson does.

edit: also how you would only need to cut open a single golf ball to find a bad one.

This is a man ahead of the game!

Interesting, the yellow ones seem to float the same as the white ones . I didn’t expect that.

I’m actually on the other end of the spectrum here, not saying I’ve ever blamed a bad shot on an out of balance golf ball or it’s even crossed my mind, but any variable I can get out of the game of golf I gladly will. I hit enough bad shots that I’ll own up to, but I absolutely want those bad shots to be my fault. Especially after paying a premium price for a product.

This is in no way an indictment on Chromesoft golf balls, I’ve played them and played well with them, just my feelings on equipment in general and having confidence in the equipment I have in my bag. Doesn’t really matter if it’s the heads, shafts, grips, or the balls.

You know what though, I actually still don't care. Hell I just reviewed a piece of equipment that broke during review. It doesn't really bother me and wouldn't prevent me from looking at other offerings from said company. I've had club heads go flying at the driving range from Callaway, TaylorMade, Wilson, and Cleveland...and yet I still enjoy the heck out of their products.

I'm not going to begrudge anyone who wants to make a big deal of this whole thing, and I'll be honest that photo looks bad for Callaway. No way around that. But in the end, and I mean this honestly, I just really do not care. It's a blip on the radar for me. Unless you (not you specifically) can prove that this is an epidemic, then I don't worry about it. I will continue to trust that those designing and manufacturing golf balls do so with their best effort and good intentions, company be damned.

I cannot believe I just spent 30 minutes reading this thread.

At least I now know the reason I’ve never matched my personal best (with a Srixon Soft Feel) since switching to the chrome Soft Truvis last year.

Interesting, the yellow ones seem to float the same as the white ones . I didn’t expect that.
??????

So the spot that faces up u mark?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I'm guessing so, but how do you orient it on the tee? Also, once it's off the tee, you're stuck with however it lands so does it really matter?

So the spot that faces up u mark?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes sir. Once you’ve got it marked give it a spin and if it repeatedly comes to the surface you’ve probably got a ball this is out of balance. The faster the spots surfaces the more out of balance the ball is. I had a couple that had the same spots come up but they were pretty slow to find the surface, so not great but still plenty playable. Look it up on YouTube, some really good demos on how to do it.

4f9626d2bebc958e01e049ed8abb47f5.jpg

All part of the master plan boys, all part of the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been interested in this topic for some time. I know this... in any manufacturing there will be some rate of defect. I also know, in a game as difficult as our game is.... this wont help. This chrome soft came from my bag, had been in play obviously. I will be spinning all the balls I put in play for balance, regardless of brand. 20190716_193418.jpg20190716_213735.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back