Which "soft" ball is the longest for you?

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
I prefer the feel of a low compression ball.

At one time there were not many low compression balls to choose from, so it was easy to personally hit and compare the few that were available.

But now there are so many (seems every manufacturer has one or two or more!!) it is more difficult to play and compare them all, so I am asking for members' help.

In your experience, what low compression ball is the longest for you? fyi, my driver swing speed is low 90's.

Thank you very much for your help.

DT Trusoft. Never hit more 330 drives.

Nike Vapor Black 2.0 (Hyperflight)

of the current balls, Srixon Soft Feel

Callaway Super Soft is a good, soft, low cost ball with plenty of distance.

I can really only compare between lower compression urethane balls and the ones I've played are Chrome Soft, AVX and Duo Urethane. Haven't yet tried the Duo Professional but a dozen is on the way.

For me, hands down, length off driver goes to the Duo-U. Mid to long irons, the AVX is longest but only by maybe 1/2 club. The Chrome Soft is shortest in all facets for me but spins the most in the short game.

My preference is the Duo-U. Long, and the straightest ball I've hit in years.

Now, an outlier from some years ago is the Wilson Zip (LOL, I still have 4 dozen!). Not a urethane cover but it's probably the straightest ball off driver that I've EVER hit. Not the longest but because it's so darn straight, the consistent net result as to distance and accuracy is absolutely fantastic.

Not the best for mid iron hold on greens but it chips and putts beautifully.

I use a supersoft, distance is pretty good and it is very predictable everywhere else

Q-Star Tour.

I think anything softer than that I don't like the feeling of.

Agreed, the QST is a great ball. Just switched to the QST and shot my best round ever with it. Great feel off the putter and getting awesome distance and control off irons and the driver.

Q-Star Tour.

I think anything softer than that I don't like the feeling of.
+1 on this. I like the distance I get from it. High launch.

For driver distance:

Callaway SuperHot 55
Wilson 50 Elite
Wilson Zip

The ‘18 TaylorMade Project (a). It’s crazy long, stops on a dime, and feels fantastic. Priced nicely too with lots of deals always out there. Can barely tell the difference between it and the TP5, except for the cost. Former Nike RZN TP user, and the TM ball beats out every other I’ve tried.

I was just going to mention the TM project (a). Started playing it some this year and agree with Hammer22. Wish they would get a better name for it.

I've been playing this summer with the Bridgestone Tour BX, but I've picked up a couple Tour B RXS's and I've been impressed, so I've got some of those coming in from Amazon...supposed to be their softest ball, but man that thing flies, at least the found balls do...of course we all know how our paid for balls like to find the woods!

I was just going to mention the TM project (a). Started playing it some this year and agree with Hammer22. Wish they would get a better name for it.

The name is kind of humorous, and it’s even more comical how many people won’t play it based on the stories of how soft balls are for “slow” swingers. That’s okay though, keeps the supply of them plenty.

I've been playing this summer with the Bridgestone Tour BX, but I've picked up a couple Tour B RXS's and I've been impressed, so I've got some of those coming in from Amazon...supposed to be their softest ball, but man that thing flies, at least the found balls do...of course we all know how our paid for balls like to find the woods!

The RXS, P (a), and Q-Star Tour are all so similar it’s really hard to tell. Just depends on what brand is your fave. Can’t go wrong with any though, just depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.

I’m actually surprised people see differences in ball distances these days. Then again maybe I’m not consistent enough (9-10 cap).

For years I swore balls like the Supersoft and Soft Feel were the longest out there.
But after switching over to Urethane balls last year every ball I’ve tried (Chrome Soft, QST, Volvik Vivid Soft, Wilson Duo Professional, Vice Pro Soft, TP5, ProV, V1x) all seem equal. Off the driver on a good shot I can expect 235, 7i 150 ish, GW 105 etc.

Q-Star Tour or Srixon Soft Feel.

I think the Callaway SuperHot Bold

I’m actually surprised people see differences in ball distances these days. Then again maybe I’m not consistent enough (9-10 cap).

For years I swore balls like the Supersoft and Soft Feel were the longest out there.
But after switching over to Urethane balls last year every ball I’ve tried (Chrome Soft, QST, Volvik Vivid Soft, Wilson Duo Professional, Vice Pro Soft, TP5, ProV, V1x) all seem equal. Off the driver on a good shot I can expect 235, 7i 150 ish, GW 105 etc.

Yep, subtract 5 yards (15 with driver) and it's exactly my experience.

Although a Titleist Velocity for me is 7i 145 carry and about 190 once it stops rolling. ;-)

The name is kind of humorous, and it’s even more comical how many people won’t play it based on the stories of how soft balls are for “slow” swingers. That’s okay though, keeps the supply of them plenty.

The RXS, P (a), and Q-Star Tour are all so similar it’s really hard to tell. Just depends on what brand is your fave. Can’t go wrong with any though, just depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.
Haven't tried the Q Star. For the price, might not be a bad idea to try it out...I like my money even more than they do

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Haven't tried the Q Star. For the price, might not be a bad idea to try it out...I like my money even more than they do

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Q-Star Tour is probably one of the best urethane balls for the $$'s IMO. Durable, comes in white and yellow, plenty of spin on approach and chips. Definitely try some.

Soft=slow

But I'm pretty happy with the QST for the past 2 seasons

The longest soft ball for me has been the Bridgestone e12 soft. I switched balls because of Triple Track, but I really liked the e12 unless the greens are concrete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back