Fly With Me - Tomcat's Trek to the Grandaddy 2019

Love it Spencer. Short game is the great equalizer and when it's dialed in, it can break some hearts. Keep it up!

One thing that I've never done, primarily because I've never been properly taught how to do it, was really opening up the face on my 56* to get as much lift on the ball as possible.

Outside of super deep bunkers, I don't think you would use this shot much, right? Or is it how you will approach shots around the green?

That sounds like you had a great lesson and looking forward to seeing you play the course.

Since I'm not a member at that club, after my lesson, went over to a nearby course. No avail tee times, so spent some more time practicing the shots we were working on, as well as getting the putter going. Things felt good.

Aw man!! It's so unfortunate that nobody texted you last night and invited you to play today, especially if that person already had a tee time available at a different club! Oh wait... ;)

Unfortunately the timing wasn’t going to work. The lesson went a little long and with the time I needed to be home....you know how that goes. But the offer was certainly appreciated.

Outside of super deep bunkers, I don't think you would use this shot much, right? Or is it how you will approach shots around the green?

It was more from the stand point of know how to hit the shot if needed, but you won’t likely need it that often.

• Love
Reactions: JB
My instructor is also Big Time’s instructor so he is excited to hear about the trip when I get back, and see how it compares to @Nate’s experience.

Unfortunately the timing wasn’t going to work. The lesson went a little long and with the time I needed to be home....you know how that goes. But the offer was certainly appreciated.
And, as always, a raincheck is extended. :)

Back